Minor/Repaint: Powere Up Wreckage W.I.P.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by silenth, Nov 18, 2009.

1. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is a mix of some of the great ROTF Megs customs.

Head swap, double murder arms, and hands; thats about all i did. Being that its still a work in progress, I need help in deciding what color to use.

Suggestions, comments, critiques encouraged and welcomed. Please be gentle its my first custom.

Added new pic

Attached Files:

2. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    very cool idea, really out of the box, but the head is much to small!

3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Werckage on serious steroids! Awesome.

4. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    ^ I used the Wreckage head already for my ROTF voyager Megsy mod ; imo, it's not too small...provided he uses smaller hands like mine ( the Dark Destroyer Megatron ). I painted mine super dark olive drab and I made some changes to the Wreckage headmold to make it look more like a real buckethead.

So, I would suggest another colour for this Megatron. Perhaps flat grey with red accents ?

5. silenth

News Credits:
    This was inspired by Knoted and Solrac's customs.

I agree with knoted, the small head adds to his brutish appearance. Flat grey sounds interesting.

6. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey, I like the head...I think it works. The first thing I thought of, from his silhouette, was Transmetal Dragon Megatron. I think it would look awesome in bright red.

[​IMG]

7. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

First things first, I'm diggin' your turquoise and silver paint job (very unique) and I really like the double murder arm look. You and Solrac333 have definitely got the same great idea there (with different twists of course). I like the head choice as well. But, after seeing the your nice chest details and pose you put him in made me immediately think that this mold (Voyager ROTF Megs right?) could make a really, really sweet movie style BW Rampage. Whoever was doing those BW repaints of movie figures really needs to see this thread!

Thank you deliciouspeter for pretty much illustrating me point before I said it (Creepy?!?!?:confused: ) although with a different Predicon in mind.

8. knoted

News Credits:
    ^ Not a bad idea, that Rampage.

..still, it kinda depends on which direction he wants to take it : more earthmode 'realistic' style or something beasty brightcoloured.

Imo, the flat grey with a black wash and some copper red or yellow mechanical parts would look interesting, yet movie verse realistic.

9. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

I really ment Rampage would be a sweet idea for another bash not to do instead on this guy (if that is what you ment). In any case I think you should stick with the colors he is because, let's face it, Magatron's alt mode isn't really that realistic to start with. I think I will just make a cool looking bot. I do agree that maybe some black washes, some copper, and more yellow mechanical parts would make him a lot more interesting and would break up the turquoise a lot better that just the few spots of yellow here and there.

10. silenth

News Credits:
    Funny... When i saw Solrac's custom i was inspired to do BW Rampage. Mycustom started off as being Rampage. But since i took off the pincers and replaced it with hands, a crab alt mode was no longer possible. Thank you all for the feedback.

Im really digging the Knoted's suggestion. Im thinking of doing a flat light grey with a red wash or a simple gun metal with black wash with silver gears inside. Do you guys think that a red wash would work?

I really do hope that someone with better painting skills would make a similar custom. On a side note, stay tuned for ROTF Brawn.

11. yourreflection

yourreflection Well-Known Member

That is pretty awesome man. It makes me want to go buy that mold now. Where are the hands from BTW?

12. knoted

News Credits:
    Perhaps the fang-style and wings on Megatron's tank mode might be sci fi, but the future of real life military tanks is going to be more like this Megatron tank : a flat low profile tank with a short barrel ; to decrease both visibility to the enemy and to reduce weight.

Personally, I think the flat grey would work as his main colour ; put a black wash on top of it to make him look like he's gone through many fogs of war.
    Then use small portions of industrial red and gunmetal for the mechanical parts which are not covered by the outer plating. This would also keep it in line with
    the movie Wreckage toy colour-wise, since he's using the Wreckage headmold.

13. silenth

News Credits:
    The hands are from Animated snarl.

After a few failed attempts at painting some scout figs, i have come to the conclusion that my skills suck. So he stays as is, until i can find someone to paint him for me.

14. knoted

News Credits:
    Don't give up man !

Did you use a spray can primer ? It makes painting so much easier once you got a layer of primer. Since you were going for flat grey I would suggest a white primer.

15. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

great job man....you actually made me go out and buy the mold. but i have to ask....what is going on with the megan fox figure on the side with the legs in the air?! lol