Powercore Prime Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Torque, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    so, what do you think Optimus Prime will be this time-a firetruck or a regular cab truck? cause in the movie he's the Peterbuilt, and in Animated he was a firetruck (kinda.) so what do you think he'll be this time? and, if he's a regular truck, would you wat him to have the cab?

EDIT::i meant trailer-would you want him to have a trailer lol

2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    judging by the graphic design of the pack they look like part of the movie line so I would not even say were getting a prime.

3. Scaleface

Scaleface TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I expect there will be an Optimus Prime, and he will be hav a movie style truck, but without the flames (g1 colors) and with a more non-movie style robot mode. Probably a energon blade partner named Sparkplug or something. So a bit G1, a bit movie, a bit Armada.

4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Also who is to to say we will even get a PowerCore Prime? I mean it would be cool if we do, I'm all for new versions of characters with cool styling and whatnot.

It would be AWESOME if we DID get a PowerCore Prime...and end up having a modernized POWERMASTER Prime!

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Two of the first figures for this line are Huffer and a Decepticon brush truck. From the early looks, I'd say there's a decent chance this is just some sort of sub-line. We may not get any big name characters in it.

If there is an Optimus, though, I always vote fire truck > semi.

6. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

It's time for there to be an Optimus Prime that's an Aircraft of some sort.

7. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    some kind of tank.....that would throw a wrench into everything

8. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    lol, with Prime the tank, and Megatron the firetruck?

9. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

I remember people saying almost the exact same thing about the first Classics series. I also remember people saying their "excellent sources who are never wrong" claiming classics was a pipe dream and would never happen.

10. mrfang2

mrfang2 leader of team rejects

News Credits:
    YES

11. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I vote for an Alt-mode similar to Classics. He should have a partner that turns into his Ion Blaster or his Energon Axe. If the budget allows for it, he could always have two Mini-Cons, one for each of his weapons!

12. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    oops, i meant trailer at the end there, not cab-silly me.

an aircraft for Prime could be cool! i personally would love to see a line of nothing but planes, helicopters, the like-would make for a very interesting set of figures, and interesting story-like why are they ALL aircrafts? maybe an alternate earth, where everyone lives on flying rocks-kinda like in Sonic the Hedgehog. or have everyone turn into aquatic dwellers (organic and technlogical alike) and have the whole thing take place on an Earth where the water finally did rise up and cover everything, but we all survived in special biodomes underwater. then when the cybertronians show up, some become underwater creatures, others become subs and stuff.

wow kinda went off topic there lol. um... yay flying Prime ideaa!!

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    If we do get a Prime out of the PCC line, I personally hope he's a firetruck. There hasn't been a decent looking firetruck prime for a good while, imo. Also, if we get a Prime, then we should get a Megatron. A tank would be a nice alt-mode for a PCC Megatron, imo.

14. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    Prime will be a crystal red minicon and his buddy will be Magnus

15. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

I figure the trailer would be similar to the Apex Armor/ Godbomber armor that Ginrai/ Powermaster Prime had. Matrix would probably be removable, like Cybertron's and maybe his traditional rifle

16. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I think it would be cool if it was a G1-colored Peterbilt truck, with Rollar as his Mini-con.

17. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Id like to see Optimue Prime as B-52 bomber with his powercore combiner called Norden

Points to any who get the reference

18. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Rollar would be a pretty good name for him lol-but most of the minicons so far seem to be weapons-what would Rollar be, like Prime's gun?

19. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    where actuly geting alot this year i see the nest range the new video game a new cartoon and now this i recon there is just to much going on there soooo

i would say that the new cartoon is to do with these new toys i also think that the game may lead onto this series some how

its a chance i just dont see hasbro pumping us with 3 lines at once not when there is this much effort going into them

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    From what I've seen/read, I honestly don't think we'll see three full lines this year. RotF is already int he process of fading out. PCC's seem more like a sub/side-line, and TF Generations won't be starting till this Fall. As for the new show, it could very well not start up till next year for all we know. At the earliest, I think it might start up late this year. By then RotF will be completely over. PCC's could, imo, be winding down, and the only other line at that time will probably be the TF Generations line. Then again, all this is just speculation and guesswork. RotF could still have a lot to go, PCC's could be a much larger line than I'm expecting, and the new show could, in theory, start much earlier than I'm predicting.

Here's hoping that Toy Fair shines at least some light on what they've got planned for this year.