Powercore Combiners Huffer

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ra88, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    From what I'm seeing I don't need to sell my Botcon Huffer just yet.

2. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, so I still need to keep mulling this over, but I'm not too keen on where this is going. We had great success with the last two classics series because we DIDN'T have hampering gimmicks.

For now, I reserve judgement up to the point in which I get this in my hands, and can test it out. But so far, I'm worried. I don't want this to be something akin to Medabots or the miniature Ben 10 figures with massive limb swapping between figures, and that being the only way to transform the toys from one mode to another.

I was never a huge fan of Mugenbine, and I think my prejuduce of that series might be skewing my perceptions of this.. So for now, I reserve judgement for when we get test shots and reviews of the toys.

3. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

At this point, I don't give a rats ass about what this toyline's gimmick is. That toy looks faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic. I don't even like Huffer and I'd totally get that. And seeing as it's not universe, this leaves the path open for new Prime and Megatron molds, as well as all those other characters who got skipped over in Universe. Wheeljack and Jazz Powercore combiners that could easily pass as Classic figures? Yes please.

Neither.

I guess we know Huffer will be in the new cartoon now.

I hated the Energon Autobots because the powerlink gimmick screwed so many of them over. At this point I only have two Energon Autobots, Rodimus and Wheeljack. The Decepticons on the other hand were freaking fantastic.

Cybertron I see very little hate for, but Armada hate is simply because many figures were very simple and unarticulated, especially when compared to the previous four TF lines (G2, BW, BM, RiD, all of which heavily featured ball joints). A *lot* of Armada figures could have been absolutely epic with some increased, basic articulation.

4. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My interest is piqued.

5. Tman978

Tman978 CHILL REVIEWER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Look at Energon Rodimus again and you answer that.

6. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes please x 2.

And I think Huffer looks really great.

7. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The beginning of a new line is always full of excitement and anticipation. But then it turns into the ultimate bitchfest within a few months. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

8. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's neat how they retained the human looking roundish arms he had in G1, as opposed to the blockier arms most of them had.

I like this alot, looks like the same aesthetic as the Dunerunner toy, that will be Beachcomber, I know he is in the movie line, but the style looks close.

I am hoping this is real, I think this would be a complex thing to fake, I mean the Rumble that every one was guessing about was not in a mock up or anyhting but this looks legit to me.

I hope that we get another Lightspeed, he was never a Targetmaster but he did have the weapons in his vehicle "attack" mode.

A "master" that split in half would be neat as well. This is an instant buy, but man that package has room for at least 6 other guys in there, hopefully the huge package doesn't keep these from getting on the shelves.

G1 style combining with multiple transforming figures with articulation would be great, but if the combiner was like Energon it would be of no interest to buy the line for that.

But a line of G1 type combiners, with articulation and then even more smaller combiners would be fantastic.

I am guessing if that is the case that the robot arms/feet would be attachable to the bots.

9. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Interesting. If this is some sort of continuation of Universe, or a new line, well... I can't really say anything yet.

10. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *crosses fingers for New Triggerhappy with Blowpipe*

11. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Too late. Seibertron has already used the quote as news. I posted the quote there myself but quickly deleted it when I found out Patrick Stewart's reputation.

12. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Looks alright, but I'd bet my bottom dollar that the biggest source of rage in the future is going to involve what fans expected out of the word "combiner".

13. Goatboy

Goatboy Well-Known Member

Ooooohhh purdy.
    Looks like a combo of target/power master and minicons. Hopfully they will have a universal dock so you can mix and match partners.
    I know it was said that huffer looks to small to have lights, but thats a lot of clear plastic on Caliburst. If other partners have a lot of clear plastic maybe the larger figures will have some light up gimick. Hopfully we will see some more soon.

14. Quickswitch

Quickswitch Assault Warrior

O_O!! AWESOME! I hope we get a photo of the bavk of this mock-up packaging aswell, I'm curious to see if they show any cross-sells and how the toy works exactly.

If Caliburst turns into cannons for his back (as shown in the packages artwork), and they use that standard Classics connector peg to do so, I'm betting Huffer could weild him like a blaster easily, even if not designed that way. I can't tell if his hand is open, or in a fist with a hole to hold weapons, but it is cool to see that Caliburst has a little blaster of his own to hold.

The artwork seems to depict Caliburst as a big turret that can fire up & down (the left side seems to have a gear or whatever that thing is that shows cannons going up & down).

Huffer's design doesn't look very TF movie to me, i.e. he's not made out of "broken glass" and looks more G1/Classics/Universe 2.0/etc. Does look like his arms were made to resmeble his Gen 1 cartoon look where his smoke stakes turned into his arms in 'bot mode.

Overall a decent looking toy, maybe we'll be seeing pics of these at Toy Fair this year? o_O ??

Yes, that's very true. Hmm...that's really weird. Makes me wonder: do the makers of him know about the power core transformers already and made the 'Rumble' TF to perfectly complement that line? I mean, if they're based in CHina or Japan, these toys would be in the semi-production stage, i.e. there'd be test-shots & proto-types of the Power Core Combiners around somewhere to look at.

-Quickswitch

15. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    actually i'm pretty sure its been stated its from Perfect Effect...makers of the God Sword...

16. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I never liked Huffer but that is a pretty nice looking toy.

17. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    also I was just thinking, is this a new price point?

the recession really upped the price points so this guy looks like a large basic, or small deluxe with a PCC... this could be a new 9.99 price point

looking at the size of the packaging I think would also suggest this, if it were a full deluxe this would be more suited to being a full box, implying this guy is a basic/large basic - new price point

18. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Why would a mock up have those things?

19. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    so that potential stores would know about the product in order to decide if they want to sell it or not...

20. headrobots

headrobots head-on!!

News Credits:
    cool! sounds great. love the targetmasters