Powercore Combiner - Bombshock with Combaticons

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by arlocon, Apr 7, 2010.

1. arlocon

arlocon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I agree with you on the drones. They are cool in their own way.
    Overall, I'm really excited for this line.

3. spamo123

spamo123 Artist. Contact me.

I really love your style of reviewing. I hope we get to see more.

The only thing I'm put off with about PCC is the fact that the arm limbs don't really have elbow articulation. But I guess they look fun enough without them.

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    For the most part I agree. While most people have been DRONING ON (L O L) about how the limbs don't have robot modes, I haven't been bothered by it. However, I assumed the -reason- we weren't getting robot modes, was to make the limbs -better- than they were in Energon, and I'm not entirely sure that they are...

however, this dude's review has shown me that, regardless of whether or not the limbs are good, the combined mode can make some neat poses. I was already sold on Bombshock, Smolder, and Huffer, but now I feel more confident about paying voyager prices for Bombshock.

Just wanted to echo this, too. Now, I'm gonna ramble a bit and I may say something that offends people, but oh well. I remember when the youtube review thing first began with Sean Long (was that his name?) and I thought the reviews were pretty mediocre, but I didn't say anything until I noticed other people speaking out against it too. Since then, I've assumed the youtube review thing was just a fad, and I haven't watched many of them, except for when Peaugh reviewed a figure I was really interested in.

However, this video gave me new faith in youtube reviews, for 2 reasons. 1, personality. This guy really looks like he has fun with his toys (that, and he actually shows the articulation, rather than just mentioning it exists). And 2, more importantly, the one thing anyone expects you to use if you're making a real movie but no one on youtube does: EDITING. And this doesn't just apply to TF Reviews, but all of those boring "youtube bloggers" who just sit in front of a webcam, saying nothing interesting, and somehow raking in ad revenue. Even though they're not saying anything interesting, they could at least try to jazz up their show with some simple editting, but no one does. This guy does, and the difference it makes is undeniable.

5. arlocon

arlocon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you all for watching and especially the kind words! <cut to the theme from The Golden Girls> I truly appreciate it!

6. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Whoahoho..
    That is one helluva review. Two thumbs up..

7. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It didn't begin with him at all, though I think he was one of the first to start doing pre-release figures.

There are a lot of guys in the video review game that have personality and obviously have fun with the toys. Our very own Vangelus and Omegus Prime are prime examples. Of course, the overall scene is mostly comprised of videos that drone on with the "this is the figure, it has these colors, it is this alt mode, you transform it like so, it moves here, buy it it's cool" style, but if you look around, there are several interesting personalities doing this stuff - and yes, arlocon is indeed one of 'em :D 

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  8. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nice review man, props for showing yourself too haha. when you rubbed swindle on your face i thought of tim and eric awesome show. man if reviews were done like that...

also i wish you showed those details in the close up pop pics of bombshock, you did for the rest of them. but otherwise fun review. nice to see someone enjoying the figure versus some out there just kind of monotone.

9. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Nice review technique.

I'm still not feeling it though for this particular set of PCCs - the lack of articulation is killing it for me.