Minor/Repaint: Power up Optimus

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by bad karma 99, Sep 20, 2009.

1. bad karma 99

bad karma 99 Imaginationist.

I'm not sure if anybody's gonna like this but here it is anyway. I got brave ( and drunk ) and ripped apart a Leader Jetfire this morning and this is what I've come up with. Needless to say I was really disappointed with Hasbro's Power Up Optimus/Jetfire mode, so I came up with this this morning. I DO have a more "Heavy Moded", non-transforming version in the works but I wanted to come up with something anybody could do provided they have both the figures needed. You will only have to remove 3 screws from each of Optimus's feet, pull each half apart, remove the pin, then reassemble, then, well, from the pics you should be able to figure it out. The Jetfire cockpit and jet parts are basically just resting atop the appropriate Optimus parts, ( figure it out from the pics, it's EASY ). You WILL have to completely disassemble your Leader Jetfire figure BUT, if it's any consolation, his "jet" parts can be reassembled into a pretty descent SR-71 model when not used on Optimus ( thanks Hasbro !! ). The Hasbro combo gives him a head height of 11 1/2 inches, this mod gives him a head height of 12 1/2 inches. Feel free to comment, positive OR negative.

2. shockrat

shockrat Member

I personally thinks it's amazing

3. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Nice! Are you going to bulk up the back? Looks empty, or could it be the camera angle. Any pics of the back?

4. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    I like how you have the feet set up, but I echo what TCracker said about the bulk not being kibbly enough.

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very nice!

6. nelix510

nelix510 Well-Known Member

differ ways

That shoulder mount is clever, I didnt' think of that.

If your looking to fill up the back side, I left some pics here, if ur interested.

Is your leg configuration stable? Mine is farily okay, but if i tried your method on the legs, that means i have to re-assemble Prime's leg again if i wanted to transform him right?

I couldn't even put Jetfire's parts back as a plane, haha, it's just a add on kit now.

Check out my Power Up Prime thread, it's on this website.

mike

Attached Files:

7. bad karma 99

bad karma 99 Imaginationist.

I've been working on bulking up his back for a few hours and finally got something I think looks good and balances. Pose ability is a problem due to Optimus's weak ball jointed ankles. I'll have to fix that somehow to allow for some good "action" poses. Looking at him, I see perfect places for the left over Jetfire jet mode parts, but i'd probably have to add them to him permanently, but building a wicked awesome P.U.P. is at at the top of my project list so "sacrificing" a Leader Prime isn't an issue. This may become THE Power Up Prime for my collection.

8. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    The touches that you did makes him much more realistic and less toy like. Nice work there.