Heavy/Scratch: Power-Up Optimus Prime v2.. Pic Heavy

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by CooljazCustoms, Jul 30, 2012.

1. CooljazCustoms

CooljazCustoms Autocon/Deceptibot

Ebay:
    hey everyone. so i know this version of optimus might be a little out of date, but i myself still like it much better over the Jet-wing version of hi we see in DotM. i have been working on this figure for about 8 months on and off between other customs and tattooing, the built was actually done back in March and i just got time to throw a few LEDs in it and paint it all up.

a little info on it, this is the 2nd version of this figure i have made. There were many improvements in this figure over my first one http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/459917-power-up-optimus-prime.html . After building this guy and having it all painted, i see a few more upgrades i can make if i ever get around to building a v3, maybe thicker feet and larger rear wings for sure. There is about 70hs total in this guy between building, wiring and painting. All of the paint was done by hand, no spray can or airbrushing on this figure at all. The head is on a ball joint and the rest of the figure still has all the same articulation that the Prime figure originally had. There are LEDs in his ab lights and the boosters, i am still waiting for the LEDs for the head i ordered to arrive, no idea how much longer that will take so i figured i would just show this off now instead of waiting even longer than i already have.

sorry if some of the photos arent the best, my camera was acting up so i took all these pics with my iPhone and i am by no means a photographer lol. i added a border on most of the pics just to cancel out some of the background, but as far as color and everything else that is all natural, however it looked when i took the picture. i have just begun working on building a lightbox for taking pics of my customs, all thanks to forum member SonOfNemesis who was awesome enough to make and send me a video of his and how to go about creating one, thanks again man!... so hopefully that is done soon and i can take some really nice photos of this figure along with some other customs i have posted and update all the more recent threads.

so here it is, enjoy :) 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. ThatOddGuy

ThatOddGuy That Odd Guy's title

Dayyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum!

3. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Magnificent work!

4. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    great work

5. CooljazCustoms

CooljazCustoms Autocon/Deceptibot

Ebay:
    Thanks guys. this was the first figure i installed LEDs into. Working in such tight spots sure gave me a different kind of appreciation for the customizers who do this more often and on smaller figures too

6. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    MY GAD!

Dude talk about skill!

Teach Me! Master!