Power Struggle is quite fun

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mostly only play TDM but decided to give this mode a shot. And man it was extremely fun. Is it just me, or do you seem to level faster playing that mode?

2. RipCurl

RipCurl I just can't get enough!

News Credits:
    I level up my leader quite fast . id say this is one of my fav modes

3. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Depends on the class. With my leader, Power Struggle was the way to go. With the scientist I wasn't doing so well, so I had to do conquest. Just picked up soldier and I'm not too fond of Power Struggle with that class either, as I'm still getting used to being slower than dirt. Well see after a few more matches.

4. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    I got in on that game with you guys last night as well for the first time....and yes, it is EXTREMELY Fun. It's MASS chaos either when I got to the node, or within a matter of seconds. What a way to draw everyone to the same location for ultimate slaughter. One problem I had was with everything that was going on, my screen would jump a skip and few times trying to catch up. No biggy though. There was so much mayhem that it almost looked like Bayhem....ALMOST.

Toxicon is a master with Shockwave (Scientist). I was constantly watching him hover above the node and pick people off from the skies. He would also rarely enter the node, but stay on the outskirts until it was clear enough to enter. I taged him a few times with my Scout, but it was rare.

I actually felt like I leveled slower. When I play deathmatch, that is when I level up every two rounds it seems (if playing scout or leader). I come out of cloak, pop off two rounds of buck shot to someone's back, and then melee. It's a consistent 50 for the kill, 125 for the surprise attack, 75 for the sword kill, and, if I'm lucky, 50 or so for killing someone who killed or dominated me, or, it's the second, third, or fourth time in a row that I pick someone off. So basically, on average, I am banking about 250-300 per kill, and I am consistentlly scoring 16 kills or more a round. Sometimes, I have had it where the Points Notifications are running through their tallies for almost 30 seconds straight. It's wild.

But, I will be playing this power struggle mode more often for sure, especially with friends.

5. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    If you have a good team its loads of fun!! exp the right to the last second games i mean ive been down 100 points and managed to come back with my team and win its so much fun!
    its when uget the idiots that jsut go for kills and wont step into the control point to stop the the opposite team from scoring that frustrates me honestly i get pretty pissed lol and yes i will yell at u haha lol

for the most part its one of the most fun out of all the game modes and its one of the fastest ways to get ur ranks on classes up!!

i think im ranked like in the 90's or 80's for this game mode i love it!

6. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Oh god it infuriates me to no end when I'm with a team that just won't stay/get in the node, especially when we're losing. Don't get me wrong, gimme the option of a high scoring loss vs a low scoring win and I'll choose to lose every time, but if you're going for kills, there are better match types.

7. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    Love it. It's great when you got a well coordinated group. I have only played it a few times, but man, it's great

8. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Gotta say, Conquest is my favorite mode. It's out of friggin control, man. :lol 

Sideswipe and Janeails, last night was a lot of fun. :D  I love playing as Shockwave (lawl fave character) but I often get <1 kill per life. :lol  That one match confused the shit out of me. I think I had an 11 killstreak? I was doing really good that round, but the whole time I was sitting there saying "Okay, I'm gonna die now. Oh. Okay now. Wow, still alive, huh. NOW. Shit, man. Nucleon cannon? Alright, that's cool. 11 killstreak? I CAN'T BE STOP- aww fuck." :lol 

9. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    Brilliant.

10. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I kick serious ass in Power Struggle as a Scientist. I'll fly quickly to the node, spawn a sentry and then if I get surrounded by enemies before any of my teammates get there I'll use the Drain ability. Then once my other teammates get there I'll just stay in the back and heal them with the Repair ray while they defend the node

11. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    I do that sometimes (see below), but it's definitely sometimes needed when they keep coming in. That way you can weaken them and someone in the node can finish them off. What's not needed are Scouts on your team throwing grenades trying to stun them, since they affect everyone in the area! You blinded them... AND ME!

Depends on what you do, but yeah I like it for Scientist, Leader and Soldier. I actually got the best game for me ever yesterday (scored 6,750 XP). I was using my soldier and staying away from the nodes when needed to and just firing into it (in vehicle mode for the explosive splash damage), racking up the kill and streak XPs.

12. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

Using a Sci with a team that lost in the sauce.....it can be demoralizing. I still get my points but damn do I get killed often. I mean a lot

But for me I find I level up quicker because you accumulate so many points for holding, defending and killing in or by a Node. Yes being in proximity still yields points.

In fact I like all the modes except regular deathmatch.

by far Power Struggle, Conquest and then Team DM are my top 3.
    I haven't played Extinction yet and once or twice the Capture the "flag" one, which seemed very promising....

13. JacobPGalvatron

JacobPGalvatron Storm Trooper #1

I love Power Struggle. Thousands of xp each round.
    I love getting to a node filled with the enemy, and gunning them all down.

It's fun. It's also the only mode where I can get a game.