Power of the Primes Wave 2 "not extinct yet"

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Hasbro speaks re. the chronic undersupply of Wave 2 of Power of the Primes, promising more of the wave in stores and online over the summer:

TRANSFORMERS

• Like Like x 7
  2. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I'll believe it when I walk into my local Walmart and finally find Hun-Gurr :rolleyes: 

They can say all they want and ship out to all these stores, whatever, but its up to the retailers themselves to put the product out and working for my local Walmart I know for a fact that we let product sit in the back to collect dust rather then filling the empty pegs.

• Like Like x 13
  3. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Could someone post a screenshot? I don't have a Facebook account so I can't see the comment.

• Like Like x 2
  4. misfire19d

misfire19d Esteemed member of the Order of Fries

I would also like Hasbro to explain why this happens. If they can’t without throwing retailers and suppliers under the bus then fine. But I would really like to know why this happened.

• Like Like x 5
  5. CyberRat

CyberRat Well-Known Member

That's good. Because I refuse to pay for a bullshit mark up price on a current toy.

• Like Like x 8
  6. seanlockyer

seanlockyer UCF: The REAL 2017 National Champions

Ebay:
    Ok, but why now ? Why are they finally seeing this now ? Why not a few years ago or earlier ? Has it really taken this many years for Hasbro to notice ?

• Like Like x 7
  7. LoneReaper115

LoneReaper115 Junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here ya go!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  8. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Retailers don\'t want to stock waves. It messes with inventory resets and is a pain to manage. Wave 1 came and sold, Wave 2 came and sold, and now Wave 1 is back in stock and will continue to be stocked over other waves becuase that\'s the way alogrithmic order generation works. Titans Return Wave 1 was stocked all year and even made it to a second Christmas season.

The same thing will happen to the Studio Series. You\'ll keep seeing Wave 1 over and over again and you\'ll probably have exactly two chances to buy a Megatron.

Rather than plan four to five waves, Hasbro should reduce the figure count and relase two larger waves each year. Then during the holiday, release both waves again. The current system rewards and encourages scalping. It has also destroyed any faith in stocking the Transformers product line. Retailers choke on early inventory that never sells, so why stock later waves? I\'ve been extremely mad that I must buy a toy in April that is intended to be a Chritmas present since I might never see it again if my son wants it.

Anyone that wanted to could buy a Highbrow and Blurr, but hardly anyone had a chance to buy a Misfire or Slugslinger. TR Windblade had no reason to even exist with a near zero retail release. Last year was a terrible year for collecting.

The writing really is on the wall for Transformers at retail. It has been more than a quarter year with terrible distribution and I don\'t see that changing. Plus retail buyers seem to get stupider every year. After dealing with them for over 20 years, I feel very qualified to make that assumption.

• Like Like x 26
  9. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    By the Grace of God I found the entire Wave 2 at a local Wal-mart one afternoon after work, but boy (as others have reported) did the supply seem to evaporate fast. I'm very glad to hear that my fellow fans will get their chance soon enough.

• Like Like x 3
  10. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Keeping my preorders for my Takara wave 2 dinos just in case. Ain't gonna mess around trying to get the remaining dinos.

11. Bakuformer00

Bakuformer00 Autobot Servant

I hope Moonracer will show up! I have been hunting for her and still no luck.

• Like Like x 2
  12. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I certainly don't expect much, given they've already characterized Wave 2's current status as having "sold out," despite many stores never even having gotten them to begin with.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Rusting...

News Credits:
    Interesting that this comes the day after BBTS and TFSource put up pre-orders for wave 3.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I was initially going to pass on a lot of POTP, but I broke down and got Grimlock, Slag, and Swoop, all on sale in the last two weeks. So yeah, I'd like a chance to get the last two Dinobots.

• Like Like x 2
  15. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    The original FB thread puts the Hasbro response specifically in the context of an announcement about Wave 3, and fans complaining "Hey! We haven't even seen Wave 2 yet!"

• Like Like x 6
  16. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 Technobot

Hasbro, Prime Masters 2 can't go extinct because they never came into existence. :eek: 

Edit: Also, Rippersnapper is currently on sale (clearance?) on BBTS for $10 plus $4 shipping.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Why don't they just admit that their distribution is complete horse shit

• Like Like x 11
  18. GoLion

GoLion Skullf***er McWhoremaster Supreme

News Credits:
    ... This thread speaks to my overall bad luck. I had ZERO interest in Wave 2 beside Hun-gurr and Ripper Snapper. I saw their wave mates numerous times before I found one Hun-gurr.

Actually, I found Hun-gurr twice, one time was a return.

I really don't think it's Hasbro. It's the bigbox retailers aren't ordering the toys.

My reason for thinking this is there are a number of Walmarts in my area, and only one store consistently orders the toys.

19. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Wonder where they went if stores didn't get them? Online retailers only? Amazon 3rd party?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Rusting...

News Credits:
    There was also a lot of complaining about distro in general. I saw a number of posts about stores having nothing at all and e-tailers not being able to list the toys until Wal-Mart gets them, but the they don't ever show up anywhere... like what happened with Missfire.

• Like Like x 2