Power of the Primes Terrorcons at NYCC

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Bountyan, Oct 5, 2017.

1. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ever saw the G1 toy? That is because he has a rubsign on one shoulder...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  2. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Really? I'm not up to speed on Hasbro employee movements. Dang.
    I'll just have to keep looking on the bright side of things, then. Abominus pics, please. And Predacons/Predaking :) 

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When I looked through the photos my first thought was "Do these toys poop candy corn?"

• Like Like x 2
  4. TCJJ

TCJJ 105% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Man, these look amazing. I don't care for another Shrapnel release but then again, I guess it's good for anyone who missed the first one.

That Windcharger looks absolutely amazing and makes me wish more than anything else that TakaraTomy would start oversizing and retooling Generations moulds for the Masterpiece line, because it's so damn gorgeous.

The Pretenders look awesome. Even though I wish they had more articulation and were bigger, it seems Metalhawk's Prime Master "forms" his face, a bit like a Brain Master, which is really cool.

And then there are the Terrorcons which look pretty spot-on and basically like upgraded G1 toys. No real complaints there. I think they all look great and I want them.

Volcanicus is still a bit weird though, what with his super-broad shoulders and bits hang off here and there (such as Sludge's head, but at least it's better than when we initially saw it), but it could still be good.

I really want that Grotusque. I hope TRU gets it so I can order it with Arcee.

• Like Like x 3
  5. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dang. The Terrorcons look fantastic!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    The Dragon heads fold into the legs before forming the chest so they are hidden away. There's a compartment for them, but otherwise this is pretty spot on probably, cept the legs are backwards I think potentially. Like Silverbolt, it probably goes with hands to the back of the thigh.

It was some random story and only happened once afaik. Think it was a UK comic. That's also why so many 3P dinobots have done the combined mode too though. It's all in reference to that one time short comic story. Which the proportions on the POTP one actually do match it pretty well.

The little bit of info I can find on it calls it "TyrannoKing" and it was a mini comic included with the UK DVD release of season 3/4 allegedly. Though another place said it came with TFTM's release. It's non-canon. And the vague bits I remember about it was that Grimlock called it their biggest secret because he hates using it. It's uncontrollable and attacks both sides in a berserker rage.

The Antenna may be there but folded down in the back of the head. Or they may not be for fear of breaking. Either way it's still close enough to toon accurate for my tastes. Takara will probably tweak it to perfection for those that want it.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe they want to have the Insecticons all out at the same time on the shelves (Kickback was just 1 wave ago) - same as they seem to want with the 1985 Minibots, given how Seaspray was just out and Beachcomber is coming.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I checked the wiki - the Beast Within came with the Madman DVD releases of the G1 cartoon. So it was not Marvel continuity related, but cartoon. It was rather universally hated, because the Beast looks rather malformed and organic, not really like other gestalts. As for the third party stuff, nah, people wanted combining dinobots ever since they were kids... :) 

Takara will make the head maroon helmet with silver face, as he was on the toon. Honestly I don't think I will buy theirs this time, but we will see.
    My bigger concern is that Hun-grrr only has the feet/shields and no weapons. Same as Grimlock. Odd because Starscream has cannons. Maybe that is because they want the Pretenders/targetmasters to serve as weapons for the gestalt?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Louise Belcher

Louise Belcher Autobot loves Android

Indeed, not to mention they started skipping on painting the Prime/titan-masters faces again:banghead: .

I kinda like Rippersnapper, he seemes to one of the few who doesn't suffer from hollow limb syndrome (though cheapskate Hasbro gave him some holes in the arms and legs, but not the usual ugly big empty gap). His claws sucks, they're too small and the sculpt isn't sharp enough (they aren't well separated). It makes him look more like a cat playing with yarn ball or something...not intimidating. They should just made his claws partsforming, I wouldn't mind that and in this way he could keep his WRIST SWIVEL and I don't see Hasbro designing any better transformation.

Hun-gurr alt mode suffers from the lack of proportion between the front and hinder legs, the big size difference make him look ridiculous. As for the robot mode, the arm is soild, but unfortunately there's a huge ugly gap on the back of the claves.

Rodimus Unicronus is really tempting as he has one of my favorite color sechems (black, purple and silver, you can't go wrong with that) and as far as I know no hollow limbs and a WRIST SWIVEL!

I am not sure if I get Blot, he also have beautiful color scheme, though I am not much of a fan of his alt mode (not menacing enough). If it turns out that he doesn't have ugly holow limbs as it seems right now, then I think I will.

By the way, is Titans Return line has ended completely?! What about Apeface and Snapdragon?!

10. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    A previous interview has mentioned they might be likely in the next releases after POTP ends. They will be carrying over the CW/TR/POTP play mechanics to whatever comes after POTP and will try to get covered whatever characters are still left. Those two were mentioned as highly likely then.

• Like Like x 7
  11. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Oh baby do the Terrorcons look amazing.............except you Hun-Grrr I still don't like you. Really contemplating just skipping him.

Okay that Windchager really doesn't look that great. Vehicle looks really nice, but the CW mold definitely has a better head sculpt. Don't really have an opinion one way or the other on that SG Roddy.

All in on the baby Pretenders though. Trying to convince myself I don't need a mini army of tiny Submarauders. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  12. ljacone

ljacone Decepticon Pretender

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    I saw a picture of Cloudburst over on Unicron.com's Facebook, and it showed his gun as a separate piece as well as mounted on him in gun mode. Maybe the weapon barrels/point bits are removable, and can be held in Pretender shell mode? They do have 5mm fist holes from what I can tell.

I am really only interested in displaying the Primemasters as Pretenders, so weapons to hold in the shells would be ideal.

• Like Like x 1
  13. combinerlover

combinerlover TERRORCONS , merge , and form ABOMINUS

I1m so about these guys it`s unreakl....And after seeing as how several suffered ...iN THE END THOUGH THEY WERE SOME OF THE BEST .cOMBINER WISE, tHE dECEPTICIN tARGETMASTERS ARE SOME OF THE BEST TOYS

• Like Like x 1
  14. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I can't keep staring at the huge ass beast limbs in robot mode. Gah, just copy what wei jiang die with Skullsmasher already.

Bikerimus prime looks kewl, though.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

15. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Lesser Known Member

Those Terrorcons look great except for Hun-Grrr. Is there still anyone out there who insists that this isn't a heavy Silverbolt retool? Maybe Takara will do the same thing they did with Blast-off and just make a whole new figure.

16. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Rusting...

News Credits:
    • Ramjet like toast
    • Hotshot likes JaAm
    • Terrorcons like candy corn

• Like Like x 5
  17. GoldDeadEnd

GoldDeadEnd Well-Known Member

So how long before deluxes don't come with weapons either?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Astrus Prime

Astrus Prime Member

Today on Extreme Retool Watch (R), Hun-Gurrr is outed as Combiner Wars Silverbolt, which I somehow did not see coming.

Meanwhile, Unicronus as a Title sounds like something from a 14 year old\'s Edgelord Fanfiction, and I both love and hate that.

• Like Like x 2
  19. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I'm not sure about the weapons being removable (though I think we'd have seen that officially by now if it was the case), but those hand ports definitely aren't big enough to be 5mm. They might be the same size as Legion weapon ports, though (3mm?)

20. XBow Nation

XBow Nation I'm too poor for my robot addiction

Why is there candy corn everywhere?