Power of the Primes Terrorcons at NYCC

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Bountyan, Oct 5, 2017.

1. carnerd3000

carnerd3000 Well-Known Member

The Terrorcons look fantanstic IMO. I know a lot of you guys don't seem to like Hun-Grrr, but he looks amazing to me. I also like the new hands and feet Abominus will get too and I'm glad they're not the old HFG's.

Shrapnel, don't know why they are re-releasing him, maybe it's the same reason as Cosmos. IMO that is literally the best Classics/Generations-styled Windcharger toy ever. I agree the face looks weird, but other than that it literally beats the other two toys he has. And I remember that leak had a white redeco of him, which by default should be Tailgate, but I'm actually afraid that might be the Throttlebot Searchlight. I remember that list of TR stuff that was leaked, and I saw Windcharger, but not Tailgate, so I don't know what to expect.

Pretenders look cool too, although they are not a huge priority to me. Don't care too much for Black/SG Rodimus, but I can appreciate it. I'm very happy with what I saw overall, and maybe we'll see more in the next few days.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheGreatScrotum

TheGreatScrotum Hurtzwen Usuckem

Those are foil stickers on Rodimus Unicronus...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ruizu1990

Ruizu1990 I'm a girl, not a boy.

News Credits:
    a big, damp, foggy island nor-noreast of Ushant
    Ebay:
    Why so much candy corn...it ain't even Halloween yet.

4. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Titan Class Predaking and Devastator will snap him like a twig :( 

• Like Like x 3
  5. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

S
    Shee-it is that combined mode awful. Thank goodness the Dinobots never were a classic combining team.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Oshboggy

I read on some FB post that some designer said that Hungrrr isnt a Silverbolt remould. I am like "if you had the resources to have a whole new mould then why didn't you make him look like a whole new mould -__-"

The rest of the Terrorcons are great, but I cant unsee Silverbolt from Hungrrr.

Also, they integrated the Abominus chest shield into Hungrrr ... I hope 3P can give Abominus a bigger chestplate that will become a shield for Hungrrr just like G1. And a G1 Abominus blaster, we need that too. And also, is the Abominus head missing the pokey antenna things? Or were they just flipped down?

• Like Like x 1
  7. ma70er

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I wouldn't worry about that. Perfect Effect already hinted at something for Volcanicus, doubt they'd leave Abominus alone.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Riddler87

Riddler87 Well-Known Member

Really digging Windcharger, I've always liked the character and his Combiner Wars figure just isn't up to snuff. Also I love how the chest symbol for Rodimus Unicronus looks like the logo for a heavy metal band.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ma70er

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I might be the only one sticking with both Tailgate and Windcharger's CW/Generations mold. I like their interactivity with the CW torsos on my combiners.

100_1669_2.jpg 100_1744_2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire BUMBLEBEE MUST DIE!

News Credits:
    Well, it's just OK. I don't hate it but there is nothing special here. The only things I really care about are Darkwing & Dreadwind. So far POTP is a big disappointment for me.

And Windcharger is another awesome G1 robot ruined, turned human by the toon. That's the 1 thing I really hate about Transformers, every one of them has to have a human face with eyes, nose & a mouth. Why can't they just stick with the original toy designs? This Windcharger figure looks like a complete tard.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Looks like no antenna. But the legs folding into the chest should make the chest plate look bigger. The legs have that same purple in their side details as what looks like a way to expand it. A 3p will probably do a chest piece though for it like they did computron.

It does share similar engineering to silverbolt, but is an all new mold. There are only so many ways to transform a torso bot and make it structurally sound. Especially when they need to maintain certain pre-existing character looks from G1. And they may have wanted to keep the early 'floppy looking combiner' display pieces down to only Volcanicus this time.

Who would have thought that one time random Marvel comic dinobot combiner would eventually get his own full on fan demanded toy and video game appearance. xD

Oh I'm definitely keeping CW Tailgate. Having a different windcharger though yields a little more mold variety.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Oshboggy

@Deadend so that means a new head, chestplate and blaster for 3P to do, I guess.

Still stand by how Hungrrr could have been designed to look less like a SB remould. But it is what it is. Seeing the Terrorcons at all, is a big yay already. All my CW/UW combiners are upgraded to a greater or lesser degree anyway so Abominus will be no different I suppose.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    They fired almost all competent designers a few years ago and left interns in charge. I imagine the "shared engineering" aspect is a result.

14. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

So what's up with red chest Swoop ... they got to be doing one right?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I think I\'m gonna have to pass on Volcanicus.  Though that black Rodimus looks pretty good.

16. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    They've previously mentioned that both versions will get released over time.

• Like Like x 4
  17. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dunno if anyone else noticed that the Cutthroat on display had a different head than the CGI render (or the G1 guy)... and I knew it looked familiar.

[​IMG]

Yep, that's Wildfly's head... so that pretty much confirms what many hoped when learning about the Terrorcons - the Monster Pretenders will not be far behind. ;) 

• Like Like x 8
  18. Ch40sKnight

Ch40sKnight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tell that to people who think of Christmas when November 1st hits. :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mock up of the torso someone made.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  20. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Was the Beast in a Marvel comic? I thought it was a fan-made thing that appeared at a convention... certainly no-body likes to consider it canon.

I love how they did Abominus, this is the method they have to use with Superion and Computron too because the G1 guys had giant separate accessories - here the leg halves form the sides of the shield.
    I doubt they would leave off the antennae considering otherwise how close to the G1 look all these guys are. Maybe that is still a factory grey proto painted, and the antennae are not included because they will be rubbery like on Superion? I also noticed, no handgun - neither on display nor on the CGI pics, which is odd. All the Voyager leaders had them before... then again, Grimlock seems to have no weapons either.
    Takara will most likely make Hun-grrr's magenta into maroon and repaint the head accordingly. I liked the show look for Abominus as a kid, but... think I will stick with the toy colors. Especially as Blot is almost black in the toon and Rippersnapper is a really dark blue. Though Takara might tempt me by releasing handguns for Rippersnapper and Sinnertwin.

I will get Windchargers, as he looks the most G1 toon like - but this is my THIRD toy, and at this point I am happy if we never see another version. :D  I know most of you in the USA never saw the RvtS toy, sure... but even then, we just had the Tailgate remold. I wonder if similarly, we will see a more G1 toy based Tailgate made from this guy?

• Like Like x 1