Power of The Primes Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GuardianPrime19, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

Aside from how important he was in the Marvel runs (He was the leader of the Mayhem Attack Squad, so basically the counterpart to Springer), he also later showed up as the first big sort of villain in IDW, and was specifically noted as the reason Cybertron was uninhabitable back then. Plus he made some later showings, but nothing beats that first showing of him

• Like Like x 3
  2. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It will even out by wave 3. With the predacons and terrorcons coming, that's at least 10 'cons right there.

3. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

Transformers - More Than Meets the Eye  - Revolution #57.1 - Page 11.jpg

This may be Thunderwing's best appearance ever. That definitely warrants Leader class.

He's got the touch.

Transformers #65 - Page 21.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  4. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Can we please please please have all three of these? No? Well fuck you!

[​IMG][/url]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Gallade

Gallade Lost Hope

News Credits:
    Thunderwing looks so adorable in that first pic. I'd hug him if I had that chance.
    Who are they?

• Like Like x 2
  6. GoldDeadEnd

GoldDeadEnd Well-Known Member

Man, I hope so. Really, they wouldn't have to be terribly extensive remolds. Happy we're at least getting the one I had as a kid, so long as it's not JUST a recolored Slash.

• Like Like x 2
  7. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    The Firecons

8. GoldDeadEnd

GoldDeadEnd Well-Known Member

I really want a Spinister, but without exaggeration, the idea of an Alpha Bravo slight retool makes me nauseous. Darkwing and Dreadwind sharing so much of Air Raid and Skydive is a hard enough pill to swallow, although they are still decent.

9. Gallade

Gallade Lost Hope

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm so tired of that too. I can't wait to get Darkwing and Dreadwind though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Hopefully, but probably won't happen is to see the Dinobots be either voyager or leader class scale and heck make other Dinobots like Paddles or Skar or whomever. And who knows in this line we might see something new. But like the other lines before it I'm giving it a shot.

11. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I feel once NYCC passes, we may see preorders or advance ebay after that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

Since Takara went with the purple Megatron, maybe we can get Green G2 Megatron in this line.

• Like Like x 1
  13. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

In a rush to rebuild a cast of characters, and having lust in my heart for that Ark playset.. I caved and bought the SDCC Dinobots G1 colors set with the pop up book style headquarters. I love the set, My wife took to engineering the playset to hold together/ stand up and be WAY more sturdy for actual play and It is awesome AND I love the Dinobots in it. But now with these POTP D'bots coming I think I will sort of want to get them as well so here's my first world problem. How do I keep both sets of them in my ( still quiet small) character cast , use them together at the same time and not break canon TOO much? For my two Primes I use the Leader as the up armored or power master suited version and If I want to use them both at once I just pretend that some other Titan master / spark other than the Optimus Prime one is 'driving" the big suit and the Voyager TM prime is the big boss bot. Either that or I just actually swap a different head onto the Voyager and its some other TM driving that body during that adventure. I actually do that a lot, swap TMs around and make different combos when we play but anyway.

MY plan was to say the Autobots recaptured/ discovered / acquired the Ark when I got mine from Amazon.
    The Original Dinobots personalities were saved in Teletran as save files/ backup files from before the original crash ( I do this anyway to explain resurrections/ body changes, the entire concept of my childhood Transformers story starting back up 30 years later aka earlier this year)
    The Autobots built the Dinobots new bodies from their current sustainment logistics and resupply stores which included the electrum from the episode of the old Cartoon where they dip themselves in gold, hence the vac metal chrome look of the SDCC Dinobots.
    Then later, as I find and purchase the POTP Dinos bots, those characters, the ORIGINAL versions that were on earth rampaging and mentally devolving since the original ark crash are "found" / respond to beacon signals or generally show up by plot magic resulting in say the SDCC Grimlok looking the way he does and being a newish transformer of normal intelligence and fully integrated into the current Autobot command structure and with the mission and the POTP one being the original Grimlok who has been doing his own thing since separating from the main Autobot force by some story I will make up and play out later, he would be more like the cartoon version, dumber more rampaging and almost impossible to give orders to resulting in a splinters faction of HIS Dinobots that will grow as I acquire the other POTP Dinobots as well as those cool other dinobots one of you posted earlier with that similar color and decoration theme.

I know this is mine to ruin and make silly but does that make any sense to anyone else or is there another more obvious and less convulted reason I could get and use both sets?
    It will kinda suck that I will be missing SO many other early G1 main characters like ALL of the Auobot cars but will essentially have two separate teams of Dinobot characters going at once in my small collection.

And what was the name of those other dinobots I mention above, one of you posted them with pics from in your car yesterday or today with like 8 of them all in G1 looking decos but weird species of D'bots like Pachycephelsours and shit that I have never seen before... I liked the looks of those and would like to add them to the POTP style versions as lesser ranking members of the new Dinobot splinter faction tribe.
    I am having fun with this shit.

Edit, found it.... its this post
    Favorite Transformer of the day.....................
    I would go up there and edit my ramblings but the form is part of the message hurk derp hurk.

Who are those guys and are they available for decent prices anywhere?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Blitzwing21

Blitzwing21 Well-Known Member

Hasbro is not on the list of exhibitors for NYCC. So at this point, they are not attending and there won't be any reveals there. Unless they are going to do an offsite event of some kind at NYCC, we will have to wait until Toy Fair next February for any official reveals.

As for pre-orders and Ebay listings...my gut tells me that if you want Wave 1 and don't mind paying extra...you could probably get them around the 2nd week of November.

15. Ckbrothers

Ckbrothers New Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, I'm excited for them as well. With any luck, we'll get some better molds out side of just redecos. The alpha bravo mold's getting annoying, and maaan. I just want a cool spinister figure to go with my Krok one. It's a shame that Spinny's only generations retail release is in that lame target weapons mode. Hopefully , once the waves release In a bit, we'll get the spinister we deserve

16. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover The Bob Bomber

News Credits:
    There's no way PotP ends w/o me having 20-25 combiners from Prime Wars. I will need more shelves, tables, and rooms for stuff

17. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Rusting...

News Credits:
    Right now I have 9 combiners, all Hasbro/ TFSS stuff so if you had that and Takara's offerings you would be at at least 18, Then there are the ones I don't have, Victorian, Liokizer, and Megatronia that puts the total at 21. Then we get The Dinobots, Terrorcons and at least one more from Jazz, Moonracer, and the Jet twins with one of the three new torso bots. giving us 24 combiners. Then 25 with Devastator and Predaking.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ckbrothers

Ckbrothers New Member

Ebay:
    Out of curiosity, where'd you get those TFSS ones? I'm in search of a few of them myself, specifically that spinister and needlenose

19. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover The Bob Bomber

News Credits:
    I have 15 different combiners right now* (plus Devastator). Abominus, Vulcanicus, Elita-5 (that's probably not the name), Evil Elita-5**, and Piranacon + God Neptune (plus Predaking) all seem likely purchases by me.

*Although not all of them will spend much time, if at all, in combined mode

**I will die on the hill of Takara using the Elita limb-bots (and maybe Grimlock as Esmeral) to give us a JG1 Destron female combiner

20. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Rusting...

News Credits:
    Made a more comprehensive list...

list.jpg

There could be at least one more PotP combiner and then double the number of unreleased toys with whatever Takara has planed.