Power of The Primes Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GuardianPrime19, Nov 29, 2016.

1. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

toyhax upgrades are your friend for Wheeljack - utterly glorious set that transforms (pun possibly intended) a milky mess into a really, really nice fig - IMHO -

would also be up for a Thunderwing - he's in dire need of a leader-class update

• Like Like x 5
  2. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

You know wheel Jack was okay, he just needed a lot of paint. Sunstreaker, yeah just looked at him he's all kinds of terrible. Unfortunately I expect them to move on and give us Sideswipe.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Omnondippy

Omnondippy The duly appointed enforcer of the Tyrest accord.

If they don't do a Sideswipe I will write a letter to Hasbro complaining. But I need a new Wheeljack and Sunstreaker.

• Like Like x 1
  4. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    So, those reveals. Like the spoilt brat I am I wanted to see...more? Silly, I know. But it would have been cool to see some more Prime Masters, maybe some of the Fembots and Terrorcons. Maybe that's good though, PotP still has plenty of 'mysteries' to reveal.

But those Dinobots! I'll get the minor negatives out the way. Sludge doesn't look quite right in robot mode. Like he's missing a bit of upper torso bulk. Grimlock's chest looks a bit weird and his dino legs look a wee bit misproportioned. I imagine that's a concequence of the whole combining shtick.

And that's it. Otherwise these look absoloutely amazing. Obviously I love how faithful they look to the G1 stuff. They really look like they could have stepped right out of 'In the National Interest'. The Dinomodes are particularly beautiful. I genuinely love that they have the transparent parts. Snarl and Slag (no, not Slug) are early favourites from what I've seen. I'm totally into Slash and would be happy to see her appear in the comics.

I'm impressed with the Leader Class Prime. I don't want it (but I'll inevitably get it) but I'm really impressed. Vehicle mode is really the weak point for me, but really I'm just impressed with how well executed the 'evolution' concept is.

Just watching the video of the panel that Seibertron have put up. Two interesting hints in the Q&A; there's a mention of diaclone varients for the Dinobots, which the blue chest toy/red chest render of Swoop. Also, a young lad asks about a Voyager Shockwave and John Warden gives a response that makes me a bit optimistic we might see this come to pass in PotP.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Fade2BlackZarak

Fade2BlackZarak Well-Known Member

Isn't there a few more days of reveals? If not, I certainly agree it's a bit underwhelming.

• Like Like x 2
  6. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

I'm excited, but I did want to see more of the Decepticons personally. Still this is a good tease. Bring on the preorders.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Should be they teased us with terrorcons and a fembot foot I expected to see them

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    All I can say is there will be some things bought and others skipped. It's the nature of the game.

9. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    I'm still inclined to think we'll see Star Saber and Thunderwing as Leader class figures in POTP:

Optimus Prime
    Rodimus Prime
    Optimal Optimus
    Ultra Magnus (Retool of Optimus Prime)
    Star Saber
    Thunderwing (Retool of Star Saber)

That would take the total of new Leader molds for the line to 4.

• Like Like x 3
  10. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

Is that just one Decpeticon? this line seems really good guy heavy so far.But regardless that looks like a good line up leader wise.

11. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

I could see a really good minimus out of Orion for the prime mold, so maybe a better idw mags?

12. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

With the return of CW ports, I am on board with Stateside individual releases of Takara's Blastoff, Nosecone, and Lightspeed.

And maybe a Red Alert from Breakdown.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover The Bob Bomber

News Credits:
    I'd be suprised if Red Alert/Sideswipe aren't pre-planned retools of Jazz. Seems like a gimme to me

• Like Like x 1
  14. grindcore138

grindcore138 Handsome like an F-22

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Slag into Horri-Bull would be such an easy minor retool, all he'd need is new bot and beast heads really. Also, Needlenose from one of the jets, and make them part of the same Combiner team as a nod to their IDW selves.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

I'm definitely looking forward to Rodimus. He's had an interesting evolution throughout the "Prime Wars Trilogy", starting as a Legends in Combiner Wars, becoming a Deluxe in Titans Return, and now skipping past Voyager straight to Leader. Go Hot Rod!

Actually, I'm really interested to see what Leaders we get on the Decepticon side if all Leader class are going for that "armor-up" transformation with Matrix/Prime Master chest port. That's not something Decepticons are generally known for. Thunderwing seems a given as he's one of the few Cons I can think of who held the Matrix.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    What is the big deal with Thunderwing anyway? How big of a character was he?

17. Ckbrothers

Ckbrothers New Member

Ebay:
    I'm personally just hoping for a new Cosmos mold. Maybe something new for First Aid as well.

But the top of the things I want is a Spinister release. I can't seem to find a figure for him anywhere (and being new to this site I'm not sure where to ask for it), and I'm hoping that maybe he'll get an original mold? Hopefully?

18. Gallade

Gallade Lost Hope

News Credits:
    Maybe it's the comics. I only remember his Generation toy and his appearance in the Prime DS game.
    Why? Cosmos got a figure in CW and a repaint in TR. You literally had two chances to get him and I really don't want another Cosmos figure. First Aid is a maybe for me. I personally think he's ok.

Spinister was a Botcon exclusive or whatever as a combiner limb for Thunder Mayhem I think it was called. I'd be okay if he got a mold of his own but I doubt it. I was hoping he'd get a toy for TR.

19. Gallade

Gallade Lost Hope

News Credits:
    I'm going by Earth Wars so I'm assuming Sideswipe is probably gonna be another retool of the Breakdown mold to go with his brother, Sunstreaker. Red Alert is probably gonna be the same case since it's Inferno as the torso.
    Maybe a Strafe too please? :)  I'd like the whole Technobot team to get individual releases for this line but the Takara versions if possible since I've got a budget to work with.

20. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

He was pretty major towards the end run of the original G1/Marvel comics. As someone else said, he's one of the few Decepticons to ever wield the Matrix (so that fits with the PotP playstyle too).

• Like Like x 3