Power of The Primes Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GuardianPrime19, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    The Primes to me where never much more than an outgrowth of the Primus mythos i cared as little for as for the plant they sprung from.
    The only Primes i would like toys of are Alpha Trion (covered, and not by Hasbro), Nexus Prime (modern versions of the FunPub toy hopefully) and Onyx Prime (Who should get an awesome dragonmode), maybe Liego Maximo and/or Megatronus if they have cool designs.
    I could care less for a Tailgate Prime (obvious Arisen is obvious) a Solus Prime or any of the others.

Pretenders! Hasbro dudes, thats what i want. Come on, give me that shelly goodness with that robotic inner filling that makes me feel so good!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

Rodimus Prime puh-lease.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

I wonder what the Gimmick of the line be.......we had Gestalts, Headmasters (even those who where originally Targetmasters or Powermasters), that leaves Powermasters, a line full of Targetmasters, Pretenders, Actionmasters and Micromasters (that isn't even factoring in Brainmasters, Breast Force, Beast Modes.......)

Maybe the 3 most popular Gimmicks (Gestalts, Headmasters, Transformation) would be represented at once.......and some old Transtech designs could finally get released......

4. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

In an interview Warden said there were no plans for Rodimus Prime. Maybe he is lying maybe not.

Powermasters sound cool, but if they are integral to transformation their QC is going to need to be top notch.

I may be in the minoritiy, but id take the pretenders minus the shells, like Bomburst and Skullgrins cybertron mode.

Id be a sad panda if there is no Scorponok, and it seems if there was another vote he would lose to Omega.

Whatever happens in the third trilogy i hope they are smart and release some IDW specific characters.

5. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    When was that? Because I'm old enough to remember when there were no plans/it wasn't feasible for things like Headmasters, combiners or modern updated G1 figures too...

6. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

One of the most recent conventions from this past year... I cant remember which one.

At least he said no Space Winnebago Rodimus Prime, are there any other versions?

• Like Like x 1
  7. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Ah, gotcha.

Personally I wouldn't mind the Energon design reworked as a Voyager with not-terrible proportions, I always thought that was a great fit for Rodimus Prime, just the figure largely sucked like all the Energon Autobots with the combining gimmick.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Yeah, I also thought that figure was a good starting point for a Rodimus redesign. Voyager size with extra detailing, similar to CW Ultra Magnus.

9. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Well seibertron just posted we get another fan vote, this time we get to pick a prime to get a toy, oh this is going to be fun

10. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I look at the Titan returns leader class line I can't help but notice that ever since the first wave with blaster and optimus in it that every other figure will be a decepticon. (Soundwave, six shot, sky shadow, overlord and deathsaurus) and I would bet there is a thunderwing in the works as well. So where are all the autobot leader figures? Will we then see a bunch of leader class autobot figures in 2018?

One of the names on the list that has really caught my eye is deathsaurus. Now if they are going to make a deathsaurus then you know that they will be making a star Saber. Both characters had very interesting gimmicks. Deathsaururs was a breast master and Star Saber was a brain master. Both gimmicks originated in the chest area.

If we look at both combiner wars and titan returns we see that there has been some effort to introduce new/different kinds of prime type characters. So with that all in mind I would think that the potp series will focus on the brain master, breastforce gimmicks and will include several leader class autobot characters.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I'll have to wait and see -

I don't trust the fan votes - haven't since it was revealed Fans were not given the choice of Windblade's theme despite that being one of the character's defining attributes and at least two alternate concept designs exist, then reinforced after Victorion's voting suspiciously never actually had the fans vote for a second helicopter limb over the jet and the origin voting ended up being a bait-and-switch choice that meant nothing in the end - so if nothing else, these votes merely indicate what Hasbro has already decided on and is using the illusion of voting to trick the fandom into thinking they chose it out of majority vote.

After all, it wasn't a bright moment at that one Botcon when they had already greenlit ReGeneration One and then made the mistake of thinking fans wanted that more than a comic continuation of Animated.

12. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

I'm kinda interested that the starting part of the poll would be either "Honor", "Order" or "Chaos".

...And Order might end up forming a new faction all together. That's pretty interesting actually.

13. jbot

jbot Disciple of A3

News Credits:
    A gun Megatron will never happen, nor will a VW Bumblebee. Etc, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Driskull98

Driskull98 Evil is as evil do.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
    Hope the vote isn't for another fan-made character. I'd like to see some of the OG Primes in plastic form.

15. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Look, everyone needs to vote for Star Saber. It's the best "cheat" answer because it'll force Hasbro or a 3rd Party to make a Classics-scale Victory Leo. Please, everyone see the logic in this.

• Like Like x 2
  16. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

But which side does he qualify as "Order" or "Honor"?

17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Doesn't he already count as being a leader of Cybertron though? He wasn't called a Prime in Victory true but he's very much a Supreme Commander just as much as how Rodimus is already a leader at this point. I think we'll eventually see him in the line since the line can very well also included faction leaders of all kinds.

18. PELINAL

PELINAL Well-Known Member

I am not completely sold on Power of the Primes being the next subtitle for the collector line but it does make sense within the Prime Wars trilogy idea and the recent Machinima announcement. I can kind of see Hasbro trying to mix the most marketable elements of Aligned, IDW, and TFCC versions of the Thirteen and other Primes. As others have said, what Power of the Primes entails is open to fairly broad speculation.

I like the idea of the line having different themes and some overlap. With Onyx Prime being setup in the IDW comics, I hope to see some beast figures. It would be neat to see a mainstream and updated Nexus Prime combiner team since he is linked to Infinitus and combiners in the same comics. They could even do Minicons with Micronus Prime if the keep a cheap Titan Master-equivalent class. A Solus Prime figure with the theme of female Transformers is possible since you have her Forge from the Prime cartoon and her link to Caminus in the comics. A Nova Prime figure could be an Optimus redeco but it seems unlikely in the aftermath of Dark Cybertron.

I can see a fair amount of redecoes and remolds from previous modern lines in that case, such as the Nexus Prime team can be done with CW molds. We could see Arms Micron figures as mainstream figures but I that is more my hope than anything concrete.

19. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

We just got a VW Bumblebee. And yes, it was released in North America.

20. jbot

jbot Disciple of A3

News Credits:
    Oh stop. Soon you'll be telling me that we've had two gun Megatrons! As if!