Power of The Primes Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GuardianPrime19, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    If Takara's Unite Warriors wasn't teasing us for a new take on how Powermaster/Super Ginrai comes to exist with the last comic:

Leader Class Star Convoy Optimus Prime!

2. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Omg I would loose my mind awesome idea!

3. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't paid a tremendous amount of attention to the Thirteen Primes concept, but after reading what the wiki has to say, I'm imagining a line where most waves of each size class would have a Prime in it.

Nexus Prime, the combiner, could be done from repaints/remolds of CW toys. Four Deluxe waves, one limb in each wave. Torso bot in a Voyager wave.

Micronus Prime could be Legends class. Maybe even Titan Master class if they continue that price point.

The others could fall into whatever size classes Hasbro wants them to.

I'm also imagining special branding on the packaging for the Primes like the Thrilling 30 had. Each Prime numbered 1 of 13, 2 of 13, etc.

I also wonder if each Prime might have an accessory packed in similar to a build-a-figure. Buy all the Primes, assemble the pieces to make something. (I considered a build-a-Unicron, he being the Thirteen's enemy, but that would throw off the price points.)

4. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    The official Transformers Facebook page shared a link to the story on the Hollywood reporter; i'd say that pretty well confirms "Power of the Primes" title as the next series.
    (Barring them changing or tweaking it late in the game ala Titan Wars --> Titans Return)

5. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe but they are already working on designs and figures for it. Chances are they know what they're doing

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I hope that they don't pass up the chance to finally bring in some BW updates in here since Oynx Prime would mean that they can bring in characters that follow the theme of each Prime.

7. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    24 Masters
    18 Legends
    24 Deluxes
    9 Voyagers
    6 Leaders
    1 Titan

That's presumably the toyline rundown Hasbro will be working with.

Fans were given the option to pick between Trypticon and Scorponok. Trypticon won so he'll be showing up in Titans Return. It's not a stretch to think Scorponok might turn up in POTP then as the lone Titan.

8. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Yeah I think they will stick with Masters scale for the third part of the trilogy.

They seem to be popular, plus I'm sure Target loves having that cheap price point on their shelves.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  9. Verno

News Credits:
    Will Hasbro make up 24 new characters? Or will they draw from a previous line? Targetmasters, perhaps? If there's a war on, you need weapons.

10. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Dude, if they go with Target masters I am ALL IN!!!!!!!!!

Only Titanmaster I bought was Apeface on a whim. If they did Targetmasters I might buy doubles of all of them.

Needs to be the legit original Targetmasters though, not those Titanmaster vehicles that turn into vague looking guns.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Verno

News Credits:
    A couple of them have been covered in TR (those for Hot Rod, Blurr and Scourge come to mind) but there's still a solid starting point. Throw in the animal Targetmaster partners from the Action Masters (but throw away the Action Masters) and you're getting up there towards the necessary 24 Master figures.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Hasbro's been alternating the Titans between autobot and decepticon. I suspect the POTP Titan will be Omega Supreme.

13. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    i do as well, however the argument could be made that chunks of Trypticon could be re-used for chunks of Scorponok (their city modes are VERY similar)ala Metroplex and Fort Max (except i'd suspect they'd be better integrated as I'd imagine it will be more intentionally designed rather then kludging bits of Metroplex into Max)

14. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    all the more reason to alternate. we had devastator between metroplex and fort max to soften the blow of one being retool of the other.

15. Verno

News Credits:
    Looking back at the vote I mentioned before, it was actually between the three -- Trypticon, Scorponok and Omega Supreme. Had Omega Supreme won, he'd be appearing in Titans Return. So there's no real alternating going on. We're getting Trypticon because he won the vote, not because he's a Decepticon.

16. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Power of the Primes might have nothing to do with the 13 but instead Prime upgrades and other G1 Primes (Star Convoy, Victory Leo, Victory Saber). We know that PMOP/Ginrai is gonna get the God Bomber/Apex Armor upgrade later and Takara released a Leo Convoy. Frankly, I'm really cared much for the 13...

17. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

This was my first thought, having a powermaster like gimmick to represent the "Power" of the Primes, but...

Then there's that. Yeah, if that was the plan, that's where the new PMOP should have gone, not in TR. Unless we're in for ANOTHER new PMOP...?

18. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

The line is going to be nothing but reissues of Optimus Prime figures. 18 months of them.

• Like Like x 1
  19. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

I know that's a joke, but honestly, even that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. There's been a lot of good Optimus Primes I would like to see reissues of. Yeah, G1 and Powermaster are no brainers, but G2 laser, G2 Hero, The various beast wars Primals, Fire convoy, Armada both big and deluxe, Cybertron, Classics, Movie 1 voyager, battleblades voyager, are all things I wouldn't mind seeing reissues of. Optimus is a great character with a lot of great toys. There exist Optimus Prime specific collectors for a reason.

But no, not as a main retail line. That would be better suited for Platinum Editions. Maybe even through in appropriate Megatron reissues for a series of vs packs.

EDIT: I even forgot about Animated Voyager and TFP first edition!

20. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

I'd say the other thing is that Powermasters just aren't a very interesting gimmick compared to Headmasters

I mean, Headmasters, the robot forms their head. You can switch them around and everything. That's exciting, that gets you messing around with them. Plus they fit into cockpits on them

Targetmasters? Same thing, sort of. They turn into guns! Not as unique to the figures as the Headmasters or as swapable, but they at least are there and visible

Powermasters are just... Plug the character into the slot. Character disappears and they transform. And you're done. They're the most boring of the 'masters.

Given that Titan's Return has nothing to do with Combiner Wars, I don't think we'll see anything along the lines of Powermasters or the like. I'm hoping for just a grab-bag of gimmicks with the Thirteen as the pushers of it. Give us some female Transformers because its Solus, some beasts because of Onyx, randomly appearing Blast Off thanks to Nexus, and chuck some fiction about it being a war. I want that ridiculousness that Universe gave again, dangit.

• Like Like x 1