Power of The Primes Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GuardianPrime19, Nov 29, 2016.

1. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really if they went that far then id rather just have all the dinobots as masterpiece figures.

Man, when you put it like that is sounds like there is just one thing left to swap.

Coming next year the transformers will become transsexuals. Simply swap genitals to create you own transgender. :) 

• Like Like x 4
  2. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Wish I didn't read that.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think the Power of the Primes' line gimmick will be two-fold:

1) Matrices for all! All of the figures whom are actually Primes will have a cavity in their chest for matrix storage; and
    2) Prime relics. I think it's aligned where Primus created the original 13 primes and gave each one some type of powerful device, right? So yeah, our toy Primes will have those devices or maybe they'll even be sold individual ala titan masters.

But I feel reasonably confident that those will be the gimmicks for the line.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I'm just reading the rumors from a Japanese list and so far, nothing interests me but the Dinobots. As much as I hope the Dinobots are in one wave like Combiner Wars, I don't think that's the case.

5. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:

While a titan size Predaking could be awesome, I hope Hasbro doesn't leave us hanging another year waiting for Scorponok. Hasbro has done pretty good in this line giving up complete groups and pairs making this omission stand out even more. Trypticon looks great, but we need Fort Max's real nemesis.

• Like Like x 3
  6. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, combiner wars gave us one titan class figure and titan returns gave us two titan class figures so i think its reasonable to think that we may see three titan class figures for potp. Titan class Predaking, Scorponok and Omega Supreme sounds good to me. Maybe something like Predaking releasing late 2017 early 2018, Scorponok releasing July 2018 and Omega releasing July 2019.

7. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

The things is ... in that vote they had, Omega Supreme came in 2nd place. It could be quite sometime for Scorponok.

8. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

I agree I'd much prefer Scorponok, but just going off what was said by Hasbro I've a feeling we may be waiting a little longer :(  Just playing devil's advocate (not that this would be my wish) but Devastator's nemesis is arguably Omega Supreme, & he was out the year before Fort Max.

Titans Return did give us two Titans mind (Fort Max & Trypticon) so there is hope yet! I hope Scorponok gets released this next year... Make him a double headmaster too, then he'd finally be the same height as Max!

I believe Omega Supreme came in third, I was quite surprised but I definitely remember him coming in last. I looked at the numbers & was surprised Trypticon won, because it'd already been announced that Fort Max was coming AND it'd be in Titans Return (he does look gorgeous though, can't wait to pick him up!)

9. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Just a few more days till the big moment. I can imagine POTP will be the last thing they will reveal, And they may reveal RID and Titans Return. As much as I hope they will reveal all 5 Dinobots, I think they will only reveal Grimlock.

10. combinerlover

combinerlover TERRORCONS , merge , and form ABOMINUS

He did come in 3erd. I remember being surprised that Scorponok was second ...lol.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Even if the others are just silouhettes behind him so we know they're coming, I'd be okay with that.

• Like Like x 2
  12. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It would be cool if the line decides to give us Prime versions of the contestants from the POTP that didn't win like Arcee,Hound,Ultra Magnus,etc as a way to give to the people who wanted to see them win at least a figure of the character they wanted to see as a Prime. They could be massive retools from the Primes we're likely to get in the line.

For example.

Arcee Prime from Solus Prime
    Hound Prime from Alchemist Prime
    Ultra Magnus from Prima.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    That's it! That's what I always want when there are rumors or panels, a guaranteed that they will make toys of those characters.

14. orangeitis

orangeitis The Almost-Completionist

Ebay:
    No thanks. I want them scaled as Leaders and to be affordable. Plus, I'm okay with a little G1-inaccuracy.

But to each their own! =)

15. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Curious and Creative Man

Would really like this. Now, Arcee I would like to be distinct from Solus (whom is the star of my wish list), but nobody I voted for won. Now I'm stuck with McMonkey. It's cool that other people like him and all, but that picture still haunts me to this day. :lol 

However
    , I want to see the Thirteen finally get their own toys. It would be mighty disappointing if a line called "Power of the Primes" didn't bring in at least a few Primes. The ones that I want to see most are the ones which are especially difficult to get a stand-in for.

I do wonder which options would be retooled from which individual Prime past this? It could be fun to speculate on that.

16. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Looking at that rumor, nothing interests me because a few characters I don't know like Darkwing, Deathsaurus or Loudraker.

17. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Would be fun to see retail Dinobots.

I think Scorponok would be a great addition.

Legends-wise give me Beachcomber, Cliffjumper, Pipes and Huffer, and Outback

• Like Like x 2
  18. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I'm hoping they're at least Voyagers, at the smallest. Combiner Wars Devastator is a giant and I want them to scale nicely.

19. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

I'm hoping grimlock and sludge are voyagers, the rest deluxes.

• Like Like x 1
  20. orangeitis

orangeitis The Almost-Completionist

Ebay:
    That... that would be cromulent.