Power of The Primes Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GuardianPrime19, Nov 29, 2016.

1. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The quote you got me on was some thing I thought I had edited out ...lol...hence why it was above your quote . Ty for heads up . Btw ...I agree with you 120% :) 

2. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We really need a Voyager or Leader space Winnebago Rodimus Prime.

• Like Like x 4
  3. darqen

darqen Well-Known Member

I would love that but can't see it with hot rod. Although they did call the tr figure HR not Rodimus

• Like Like x 1
  4. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:
    Yeah. I just feel like if it's ever gonna happen, a line all about the various Primes over the generations would be the reasonable excuse to make it happen. (I feel like that form of the character must not sell well, given the dearth of versions of it we've had over the years.)

5. darqen

darqen Well-Known Member

True but they've always only been hot rod updates. To be fair they could just alter the Magnus/ pm mould and there you go

6. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

Or give us a new mold and abuse it with redecos for 10-15 years.

• Like Like x 3
  7. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

Maybe it will be like Transformers: Cybertron? There will be different factions lead by different Primes, and Power of the Primes mean that each faction will be bestow a Power from their Prime.

Example:

Optimus Prime could bestow the Power of Minicon.
    Rodimus Prime could bestow the Power of Speed; the characters could have flip out boosters.
    Optimus Primal could bestow the Power of Beast.

What about the Decepticons? Well, remember in Transformers: Cybertron just because you belong to a planet does not mean you have to pledge allegiance to the Prime of that planet. You could simply be under that faction that happens to be lead by a specific Prime. Maybe using the original 13 could make more sense, but it does not have to make sense as it is just for marketing anyway. I doubt they would use the 13 seeing as they are not important to anything mainstream. However, getting a figure of the Fallen would be very nice.

• Like Like x 2
  8. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    tra

I totally agree. My idea Rodimus doesn't have to transform from Hot Rod into Rodimus, but for what I would want, it would probably have to be a Leader figure. I want a Voyager sized bot that has a removable trailer that turns into a gun station

• Like Like x 4
  9. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:
    Same here. I kind of hope Fancy Cell - the ones who made that Astrotrain - make one lol. But barring that... POTP, with all its speculated play value stuff, seems like the one place where that dream concept might actually happen. (I doubt it, but I want it to.)

10. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I remember there was a rumor saying Dinobots in POTP. Just wondering how strong that rumor is. I mean, it's like wishing that Dinobots were in the Titans Return or Combiner Wars, but we never got it. I just know that many Generations lines they've only released Grimlock but never the others.

11. Nitro Zeus

Nitro Zeus Member

They also released that pathetic tease of a Titan Master pack(pathetic because it was a tease, not for what it is,cuz' it's fine). When Brawn got a real figure, I got hopes for a TR Grimlock, but with PotP reveals around the corner, it's more likely that he'll be revealed there.
    Edit:It's also a bloody shame that we've never gotten a real, Generations/Classics-styled Grimlock that abides by his original design and/or doesn't totally suck. The Energon/Universe one was horrific, the Classics one, while a nice figure, took a decently substantial departure from the traditional design, the FoC one is (in my opinion) a barely serviceable mess that people only keep around to fill a gap (not unlike the gap in the dino mode, ayyyy), and the AoE repaint is both unnecessary and unrecognizable.

• Like Like x 2
  12. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I belive the rumor of dinobots started at the last botcon where Hasbro said something to the effect. "Dont worry dinobots are coming."

• Like Like x 1
  13. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

They're going to have a tough time selling another ultra Magnus to my.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

I just want dinobots, shockwave, beachcomber, repaints of brawn cosmos seaspray, bumblebee, and dark wing and dread wind.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    That's quite helpful.

As much as I hope it's,

Leader Grimlock
    Voyager Sludge
    Voyager Slug
    Deluxe Snarl
    Deluxe Swoop

I don't think that's the case. And I have a feeling it's going to take 2 to 3 waves to have them all together. However, I heard Grimlock was in the first wave of Leader Class. I almost thought the winner of POTP vote was going to be first.

16. Nitro Zeus

Nitro Zeus Member

If all of the Dinobots are in fact released, I imagine that Snarl would be a voyager and Sludge would be a remold of him. I also would get the feeling that Slug would be a Deluxe, even if it wouldn't be preferable. Swoop and Grim are almost guarantees, and would logically be at those size classes.

17. dirtweed

News Credits:
    I have two theories on the dinobots. One they make a titan class Predaking with one leader and four voyagers. Then retool all predacons into noncombining dinobots. Or they make all five dinobots voyagers and use them to retool each other. Snarl, sludge and slag could all use the same mold for example.

18. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    You're probably right. A Stegasaurus is slightly bigger than a Triceratops.
    I can imagine One leader and 4 Voyagers, but I think Swoops is better off as a Deluxe.

19. Nitro Zeus

Nitro Zeus Member

i know that it probably doesn't have too much of a bearing on the toylines, but I also remember that Slug was the (small) Infiltrator Class in FoC, and some part of me feels that Hasbro would keep a similar scale. Of course, that game had no playable Sludge model, so who knows. Just putting it out there.

20. dirtweed

News Credits:
    While i could see mindwipe being retooled into swoop i think the point of the dinobots is to make them huge. Even swoop should be much larger the the average autobot car.

Funny fact the original g1 dinobot figures were about a inch or two smaller then the average large headmaster figure. So if they made the dinobots the match the size of the original figures then they would be about legend class.

• Like Like x 1