Power of The Primes Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GuardianPrime19, Nov 29, 2016.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Rippersnapper wouldn't make a bad Repugnus. His promo pics include attaching his guns to the beast head which resembles how Repugnus looks in Bot mode.

The only thing missing is the beast arms on his chest which wouldn't be the most impossible thing to retool. Especially if released as a pricier exclusive.

2. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

There alot of pages here so I do not feel like going through it all but what do you guys think the chances of Thundercracker and Skywarp repaints coming from the Starscream mold. I know people do not like the mold but I got Starscream today and actually like him and would like to get all three in the same mold so hopefully this be my chance.

3. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

With Blast Off being a single release along with a Prime Master similar to Grotesque and Arcee with their Titan Masters, I find it more likely that Thundercracker will be a special release of the "Ghost Starscream" Sky Dive reuse from Takara in Thundercracker colors. Admittedly, I can't remember the price on the leaked Thundercracker so the pricing may not be consistent. This isn't to rain on your parade or anything, but a Voyager Thundercracker isn't set in stone quite yet. Don't remember hearing anything about Skywarp.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  4. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah , I`m way down for that. I`d love a box set of him and his component`s.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LoranBasaraEvin

LoranBasaraEvin Gunpla Grump

I have a weird hunch that Prima will be the Prime Master for the Waverider armor.

6. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    You're on my level. Wasting Generations slots on IDW do not steal OCs always makes me groan.

7. Gallade

Gallade HSR and Transformers Enjoyer

News Credits:
    It's actually more of seeing her just makes me bored of her already unlike with Drift when he was first released in the Generations line. He got one toy in that line and was never seen again until Age of Extinction came.

8. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Lower than people think. Starscream is already being reused as Elita-1. I doubt Hasbro would fill the final 2-3 Voyager retail waves with *two* more uses. Especially when there's still a the Hungurr and Grimlock molds to reuse.

If anything, the Cracker and Wrap PotP figures would be Deluxes from UW Starscream to give Starscream a complete set of limbs.

She's gotten two figures in Generations. Two.

But we're supposed to be rooting for Seekers again? Starscream as a torso is cool and fits with what's going on in IDW anyway.

I'm sorry people hate new characters, but we need some fresh faces in the line.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Gallade

News Credits:
    1) She had an appearance in the Machinima animated series, which ruined her character in my opinion.
    2) She's shown up in RiD2015 and had 2-3 figures(if you count the Takara repaint)
    3) Another appearance in the Cyberverse show.

She was cool when she was first announced back in the T30 days. Now, I'm just getting bored of her. That's just me though.

10. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Not to mention she's played a leading role in IDW's comics since her introduction.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I'd love Star Saber as well, I worry about expecting toys just because they fit the play pattern. How many of us were expecting Apeface and Snapdragon as voyagers during Titans Return, only to have those hopes dashed like scraplets?

• Like Like x 4
  12. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    They should do all six seekers from the Starscream mold, but not at retail.
    They should do the rest of them as exclusives.

13. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I think people who aren't fans of Windblade are going to be disappointed because it appears she's caught on at large.

Expect her, Strongarm, and other RiD/Rescue Bots to start crossing over more.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Windblade isn't IDW originated. She has been prominent in it, sure, but her origin is from a fan vote and Hasbro designers using said input. Something can't be someone's original character unless they are original to that person.

Man, I'd like to see Strongarm again (especially CHUGified and given a nose in this line) but I get the feeling that she is just a one off. She has yet to debut in comics and it looks like Cyberverse isn't going to have its own incarnation, which doesn't read as something that would happen with a breakout character.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I'd love a better Strongarm deluxe.
    Her toy wasn't on the level of the Bee's and Quillfires of that line.
    Speaking of which, I am hoping Strongarm, Fixit, Quillfire and Thunderhoof at least make it into other universes.
    They were memorable characters with a lot of appeal.

• Like Like x 3
  16. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Sky-bite wasn't in any tf lore for a while yet still got the chug treatment. We just got a wait a while.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind seeing a redeco/remold of the CW Ironhide truck mold as Strongarm for an extra limb to go with the Elita-1 torso.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Wheeljackie

Wheeljackie He will set us free

I feel with Blast-Off coming to us we will see Ratchet come out. I need a Ratchet and I really like the Off-Road mold. I'd say after what we currently see in the line. I'd say we will probably get a leader class Megatronus with how he seems he will be important in the next Machinima series.

19. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Honestly, I think she's more likely as a Roadtrap repaint. Could see Hasbro taking the two Duocons, swapping partners, and creating Autobot versions.

Windblade/Strongarm (Bladearm) and Rotorstorm/Warpath (Warstorm).

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gallade

News Credits:
    Strongarm would be great, but I'm so used to that Energon incarnation. I would love to see the main Rescue Bots in that CHUG style though, but the names might be a problem since we have a Protectobot and a Throttlebot with those same names.
    I wonder how that one will be pulled off since I kinda liked the Sky Shadow repaints we've seen.