Power of The Primes Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GuardianPrime19, Nov 29, 2016.

1. combinerlover

combinerlover PREDACON`s , Unite !

How many folks think Has/Tak is going to release a Nexus prime gestalt ? ... I`d love to see that , and if they do indeed release him in that form ... What would his components be when he disengages his individual bots or what not ?

2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Optimal Opthanos

News Credits:
    Given PotP as a toyline promotes Nexus as a small spark-like object that can lend it's powers to various characters...you could argue that *any* combiner can become Nexus Prime.

So they could do something where 5 random Autobots in a boxed set come with a speical Nexus Prime PM to go where the Enigma normally sits in torso mode.

But I'm basing this on the notion that the Blast-Off w/ Megatronus we saw earlier is from a similiar boxed set. (Megatronus coming out of the Enigma in the Machinima)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Defender of Ed-Land

It seems like it would be a missed opportunity if they didn't make Nexus Prime in a Prime themed line of Combiners, but it seems very shaky right now. As one mentioned, the Nexus we have confirmed is a miniature cube dude and Hasbro probably doesn't want that confusion, plus it is "too obscure" for Warden's team to tackle.

It would be kind of neat in the hypothetical situation of his release that they release several Primes to make up the Combiner, but I think he would probably be seeing recolors of the jet, helicopter, semi/fire truck and tank molds to make up the original team members — that would make more sense lore wise.

• Like Like x 1
  4. combinerlover

If he had to be made out of the ut most basic Deluxe`s like Victorion was , I don`t think I`d be to into that... Now if he had a brand new torso and incorporated the more obscure molds then that could rock , or if it was all just heavy retools of random bots... I`m ignorant on the subject , but are their any specific details about what his components become ? Vehicles , Robots ? Or is he more like a Duocon and has one personality split in to 4 to 6 pieces ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    The FunPub version was 5 guys from seemingly random parts of the multiverse fused into one: Skyfall, Landquake, Topspin, Breakaway (specifically not Getaway), and Heatwave.

According to the Covenant, he's basically an ever shifting mass of parts that he can divide into multiple autonomous bots as needed.

But, in the aligned fiction he and Megatronus have a past when it comes to being rivals for the affections of Solus Prime...who Megatronus eventually killed.

So if I had my druthers, the two boxed sets would be Megatronus and Nexus. The storyline being Megatronus obtaining the Enigma after a battle with Nexus, and infecting it as we saw at the end of the TR Machinima.

This gives Megatronus the ability to fuse 5 loyal Decepticons (from whatever figures happen to be handy) into a new body for himself. Nexus counters by fusing 5 Autobots using his own essence. This justifies the boxed sets replacing the pack-in Enigma with their respective Primemaster.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Would love an official Nexus Prime toy myself. Hopefully in the colors of the club toy.
    I always loved those colors. The altmodes were pretty good too.

• Like Like x 4
  7. combinerlover

• Like Like x 1
  8. combinerlover

So guys I don`t know how I typed that link in there ... My apologies .

• Like Like x 1
  9. TyrantLizardKing

TyrantLizardKing Lord of all Terrible Lizards

Damn I really like those ideas, though I wonder how a Voyager G1 shockwave would work as a combiner torso. I also feel like Nautilator will get demoted to Legends since some fiction (like the Dreamwave bios) indicate that the team prefers he not combine with them directly. The Wildfly head we saw on Cutthroat makes a Monstructor boxset extremely likely also.
    A Voyager Windblade sounds ridiculous to me, but then again we got a Headmaster Windblade last year so I guess anything is possible...

• Like Like x 2
  10. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I'm expecting either Voyager Windblade or a Windblade/Strongarm Duocon using the Flywheels jet and Battletrap truck.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gallade

Gallade Trap & Ambush

News Credits:
    I'm hoping she doesn't get a toy at all in this line just like Combiner Wars. if-that-happened-i-would-be-so-happy-com-13842021.png

12. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
  13. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Good for you?

14. Gallade

Gallade Trap & Ambush

News Credits:
    I don't know. I just don't like her, that's all.

15. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Defender of Ed-Land

Windblade seems very likely at this point in time. I see no reason for Elita-1 to be a jet other than the eventual Windblade redo.

In other news, looks like the speculation over Prime based box sets has been debunked by the recent Blast Off box art. Seems unlikely that a Combiner set would have box art for a specific limb instead of the Combiner as a whole.

It does, however, offer up more speculation. What if we get "character packs" with an associated Prime? In that instance, I think we might see an Arcee with "Solus Prime" set later on. As someone pointed out, Moonracer has details that signify a possible Arcee remold but we don't have any female bots known beyond Novastar and it would be odd to spread a team so far. Then, we already have a pink bot at retail so Arcee would lend herself better to a special release. Solus is being featured in the cartoon and is a girl (not really something tangible, but it's a toy company) so I can see her as a Prime Master pack in.

Maybe we will see Deluxe Thundercracker w/ Liege Maximo too. I don't think there's any evil Prime beyond he and Maximo, so I don't see Skywarp getting released unless he's with an unfitting Prime. That, and he hasn't been rumored yet(right?).

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  16. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    This was listed in the news section of the site concerning possible future POTP releases both main retail and exclusives.

4chan POTP leaks

This is likely fake given the source but still most of these listings are at least more plausible then others.

17. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    Outcome seems likely.

18. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:
    I know I'm super duper slow on this, because I'm just like: Yay! Cool toys! But I don't get the backpack Prime Power thing. I don't get how to choose how your toy carries Prime Power. Why does my Swoop say Megatronus Swoop? Is it some random thing where you get to choose its prime power?

19. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:

Same here!

• Like Like x 1
  20. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Deluxe Repugnus, along with Blastoff, confirmed thanks to @Nevermore
    This is the most exciting thing I’ve heard since those screenshots got leaked. I was not expecting that.
    Now we can speculate on what they’re going to do with him. Would they give us a third tweak of the Twinferno mold or will this be a fancy redo of Rippersnapper? Both options make as much sense to me.

• Like Like x 4