Power of The Primes Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GuardianPrime19, Nov 29, 2016.

1. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prima isn’t one of the 13, though, right?

Quintus likely is.

2. My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe

My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe Well-Known Member

Justing waiting for the inevitable POTP Optimus Primal reveal and the following complaints of "Munky not Brick."

3. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Prima is the "first Transformer" and is considered one of the Primes, as is Quintus.

I believe that the roster is:

Prima
    Vector Prime
    Alpha Trion
    Solus Prime
    Micronus Prime
    Onyx Prime
    Amalgamous Prime
    Alchemist Prime
    Nexus Prime
    Megatronus
    Liege Maximo
    Quintus Prime
    and
    Optimus Prime (Thirteen/the Matrix bearer)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Quintus and Prima are both members of the 12 Primes for the purposes of this toyline.

The 13th is whoever carries the Matrix.

5. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Prima has been one of the thirteen far longer than Quintus, who was only added to the pantheon recently with his introduction in Aligned.

6. Edwardmus Prime

Come to think of it, if Prima is the official opposite to Megatronus (Liege Maximo has been phased out of that role) and if the Megatronus from the toon gets a toy, will Prima too? Solus is apparently also making an appearance there so I guess that the "cartoon = toy" logic would apply to her too. Would be cool but unlikely at this point in time. If anything, I am hoping the media appearances encourage Hasbro to produce them some time down the line if not this one, such as with the possible connection between IDW and some of our latest obscure beauties.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Mistress of Flame would have seemed destined for a toy as well but is nowhere to be found.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Edwardmus Prime

That's one of the reasons I said it's still unlikely. Media appearances really only offer slight encouragement, it seems. I see no Spinister, Needlenose, etc. heading to the shelves soon.

If they did do a Mistress of Flame, I think she would be an ideal rehead/color from a Solus Prime, considering the big hammer thing.

9. CallowAlbatross

CallowAlbatross your average bird-brain

Finally found my Prime Masters today! While they're all great, having this guy complete a "set" hits my collector nerves in all the right ways.
    IMG_0412.jpg IMG_0425.jpg IMG_0428.jpg IMG_0439.jpg IMG_0464.jpg
    Sadly i never even knew of the original pretenders, and when i first saw them i found them kind of stupid in that charming sort of way. But with my love of the Titan Masters and the newly Rebooted Diaclone line these Prime Masters are a must have.

• Like Like x 7
  10. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Good steering!
    I thought they could do a really good Ruckus from Beachcomber and and a decent Crackcase from Brawn. I'd really love that, but I wonder how far up those two are on the 'Legends class' priority list.

I really think wave 4 is going to be to PotP what wave 6 was to TR, ie Novastar is going to be the only new figure we get in that wave. No new Prime Masters, no new Legends, no new Voyagers, no new Leaders. It's due around September time, much like TR wave 6 was. I think this'll be the new paradigm for Generations lines. I might be reading the 'evidence' wrong, of course.

I'm going to repost my last speculation from a few weeks back in the hope that it continues to steer the conversation away from yesterday's blind alley.

I've been looking at all the rumours, leaks and what have you. Here's my umpteenth take on PotP waves 5 & 6 and the assumed boxsets based mainly on the names that have shown up in the rumours (Starsaber and Shattered Glass Optimus are wilder, but not unreasonable speculation).

Wave 5
    • Prime Master: Waverider, Carnivac
    • Legends: Freeway, Flyswatter, Hotwheels (flywheels duocon. Obviously there's no way they'll get away with calling a tf hotwheels, but you get the idea)
    • Deluxe: Lancer, Chromia (possibly from the Groove mold), Nautilator, Overbite
    • Voyager: Snaptrap, Skywarp
    • Leader: Starsaber

Wave 6
    • Prime Master: Catilla, Finback
    • Legends: Seawing, Searchlight, Huffer
    • Deluxe: Skalor, Tentakill, Needlenose, Ranger
    • Voyager: Shockwave
    • Leader: Shattered Glass Optimus
    Store/online Exclusives
    • Deluxe Wreckgar
    • Voyager Thundercracker
    • Deluxe Blast Off
    Boxsets
    • Monstructor (Someone gets promoted to Voyager and someone gets demoted to Legends)
    • Landcross (considering that a)this appeared on a very reliable rumour that predicted so much of what we got through 2017 and b) The Duocon reveals could really work for Landcross, this feels like it might be a possibility. A while back I'd have pegged it as a Takara release, along with Dinoforce redecoes of Monstructor, but now we're seeing the Takara releases align much more closely with Hasbro that seems less likely.)

• Like Like x 3
  11. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    I am really worried that Novastar might be the only figure in wave 4, and the last figure of the entire line. I know that sounds crazy(and horrifying) but can’t get the though out of my head, especially when their are so many more figures to be done.

But in the opposite case. Novastar will be due out around September like you said, and thus the next wave will be released around December and fully in January, so that may be why the rest of wave 4 and wave weren’t included in the leaks, or maybe it’s because Hasbro is still working on them. Wave 5 of CW wasn’t completed at the beginning of the line(as such with Rook originally intended to be repainted into Brawl, and also into a new Technobot which Legends Groove as afterburner would have been pegged into, also suggesting that Computron also had a mass retail release planned at some point.) You get my point!

I do like your list though, I would like it if we got six waves again. Also, somebody here made a digibash of Starscream as Jhiaxus as the torso of Monstructor and I could totally see that being the case(and also Liokaiser 2.0 :lol  )

• Like Like x 1
  12. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm pretty confident we'll get another two waves. We've, effectively, been promised twelve Prime Masters, and we've only had eight confirmed up to wave 3. Unless we're in for a surprise, and wave 4 is going to have four Prime Masters, then I'd expect to get two Prime Masters in those last two waves.

I think the leaks showed the '2018 Generations range'. Like you say, even though wave 5 will most likely land in December 2018 it'll be counted, in as much as Hasbro counts ranges, as the first 2019 wave.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    Ah your totally right! Thanks for that. It’s just a scary thought. It would be wonderful to have six complete waves again, with at least 1 figure in every size class(or two pls.)

• Like Like x 2
  14. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I know, I'm still a little bitter about 'what we could have had' in TR wave 6. m

• Like Like x 4
  15. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah. Wave 6 having only one deluxe was incomprehensible. It's like they didn't want our money anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    More transfomers is never a bad thing. Any wasted chance to get a new figure of a character is like a hole in my heart.

• Like Like x 2
  17. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    You can likely thank people who were disappointed about all of the repaints in CW. The alternative was repacks, not more new molds.

I've said it before, but I think the Leaders for PotP include three more new molds (tank, jet, dragon) and you'll see at least one of each in the final 3 leader waves: Star Saber, Deathsaurus, and Megatron.

With the Seacons, I think they're still retail bound. Two in Wave 5 of the Deluxes (let's say Skalor/Overbite and Nautilator) with the other two coming in Wave 6 (Tenta-Kill and Seawing). I think one of Skalor or Overbite will be relegated to the Legends wave. Either as a retool of Gnaw or a retool of Slash. That would ensure Snaptrap sees a retail release in Wave 4 of the Deluxes and likely gets repacked in Wave 5 along a new mold (or repaint).

This would also hold true in the context of a boxed set. Unless they bump up the price, I'm not sure they'd do 5 Deluxes and a Voyager in a set. Weirder things have happened (Dreadwing/Blackwind combining) so who knows.

In the Voyager department. Grimlock getting repacked in Wave 3 suggests they won't also repaint him as BW Megatron. Same reason I don't think we'll see the other seekers (if they come) at standard retail.

Honestly? I think a Windblade from Elita is more likely in a later Voyager wave than Starscream.

• Like Like x 2
  18. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky" (She/They)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    I would love that, but really doubt that there'll be 6 new Leader-class molds in PotP when TR had 3 and CW had 2.

19. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    How many folks think Has/Tak is going to release a Nexus prime gestalt ? ... I`d love to see that , and if they do indeed release him in that form ... What would his components be when he disengages his individual bots or what not ?

20. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Given PotP as a toyline promotes Nexus as a small spark-like object that can lend it's powers to various characters...you could argue that *any* combiner can become Nexus Prime.

So they could do something where 5 random Autobots in a boxed set come with a speical Nexus Prime PM to go where the Enigma normally sits in torso mode.

But I'm basing this on the notion that the Blast-Off w/ Megatronus we saw earlier is from a similiar boxed set. (Megatronus coming out of the Enigma in the Machinima)

• Like Like x 2