Power of The Primes Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GuardianPrime19, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I agree the gimmick screams Star Saber, but then again... triple changer headmasters screams the Horrorcons, and how well did that turn out!?

2. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Indeed. But POTP could turn out to be a line of two halves. The first half finishes off the missing Combiners from CW. The second half could finish off the missing Headmasters from TR. There are still 4 potential Voyager spots the Horrorcons could fill.

• Like Like x 1
  3. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hopefully we will see stardrive before the end of the line, in both her normal and knight look :) 

• Like Like x 2
  4. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the strongest placement for them would be the Amazon Tribute line.

And for the color scheme, reference the “Amazon Showdown” 2 pack with red Bat Convoy and Purple Megator.

Convoy Bat (1997) - Cybertron Supreme Commander - www.tfu.info

5. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    What's your math/logic on there being one leader mold slot left?

CW had 2 original molds: Megatron and Ultra Magnus. Maybe Jetfire at the tail end of T30 makes the count 3.
    TR had 3 original molds: Blaster, Sixshot, Skyshadow (PMOP has a remold, God Bomber has a Takara thing.
    POTP has 3 original molds already: Rodimus Prime, Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal.

6. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If Wave 2 Legends class is all ready hitting Asia , do you think we might all so see some wave 2 Deluxe action ? I`m tricking my self in to believing it . lol.

7. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am in the camp that thinks Jetfire should be counted, informally, as a CW mold. Makes much more sense when comparing lines.

Between a completely new 'shirt' for Overlord and the degree to which PMOP and UM do not actually share parts (maybe 15% part reuse?) I think one can tally TR at something close to 4 leader molds. Informally. Or one can at least recognize the way in which the same budget could be used for more new molds with fewer retools (e.g. Rodimus Unicronus only gets a new head).

It's also worth noting that (a) TR did not drop their last new leader mold until wave 4 and (b) wave 5 of PotP lines up with the Christmas reset wave. I'd be mildly surprised if Hasbro didn't have something good cooking at all size classes for wave 5.

• Like Like x 5
  8. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It’s also worth noting that however we’re counting molds matters a lot less than how the Hasbro design team are counting molds. And I don’t believe we have much insight into that.

As Bob points out PMOP may have so little shared parts that, effectively, he counts as a new mold.

Even then an equally radical redo of TR Skyshadow into, say, an Evolution style Starsaber would count for either version of the maths.

My sense is we’re definitely getting something new in wave four and some sort of redo of the Optimus mold in wave 5. Having played with Op I think a shattered glass repaint feels more likely than a retool into Ultra Magnus.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  9. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i'm hoping for (but not sure how likely it will be)

5 Deluxe Seacons
    1 Voyager Seacon
    Scout Eject (more likely than anything else i'd say)
    Slapdash (Although i'd be fine waiting until the line hopefully goes back to just generations without a gimmick)
    Joyride (Same as above)

i'm predicting seeing

Tailgate (from Windcharger)
    the other duo con
    Ultra Magnus from Leader Optimus

• Like Like x 2
  10. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky" (She/They)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. combinerlover

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Same here , and gawd I hope so .... I`m almost convinced that Voyager Shockwave will rear his head , and the arrival of UW Shuttle Blastoff makes me a bit curious as to if Vortex and his Combaticon brethren will rear their mugs as well , Every one but Onslaught ... Shockwave as a torso would be wicked sick oh my god ... Just the thought of that makes my hair stand on end .

• Like Like x 2
  12. combinerlover

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not to mention Squaktalk / Beastbox , Slam dance , Thunderwing , Goldbug ( with vacuumized metal parts , ha ha ) , Fingers crossed Landcross as well as MONSTRUCTOR .... I have a feeling though that we may not get the Seacon`s this year , If Hasbro where smart they would space out the super cool shit over a period of time, if they gave us all the awesome at once then our interest may wane ...We all know this is what they do . But too , I`m counting space for new molds/heavy heavy retools and I don`t see how they could accomplish every thing.... I have a notion that Wave 4,5,6 Voyagers are going to contain a couple of sexy surprises . Edit...... I would actually love a POTP Tarantulas,Blackarachnia and Inferno ... A combiner made out of Insects and arachnids has been a dream of mine for forever and a day.

13. Farstryder

Farstryder Well-Known Member

I'm sure somebody has brought it up already, but I agree/suspect that if we get the Seacons, they will consist of only 4 deluxes, voyager snaptrap and legend/target master Nautilator.
    That way Takara can do a God Neptune box set.

• Like Like x 1
  14. combinerlover

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I suspect that if they were to happen , then TT would do a deluxe team of 6. Hasbro so far hasn`t seemed to keen on making the Legends interact with the gestalts ...They seem more PM oriented ... Imo any way ... But who knows . I just hope if that is the case then Nautilator doesn`t get the shit end of the stick ... He and Skalor are my fav`s . Seawing can take a long walk off a short cliff .

15. Spyne98

Spyne98 Host of the Rock Nerd Radio Show

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't help but wonder if Thunderclash would be a good candidate for a leader class figure. Just a thought I had. Sorry if this has been said before.

16. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    It has been said before, but it's still a good thought ;) 

The funny thing about him is you could make an argument for him being retooled or repainted from either Rodimus or Optimus. Optimus matches better in alt mode and Orion looks a lot like OG Thunderclash. Rodimus has the IDW look of TC more and the right chest design in power up mode.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    CW and TR both had 6 Leaders in total.

In all likelihood, the Optimal Optimus Primal mold will only be used once. So unless POTP has more Optimus Prime and Rodimus redecos to fill out the remaining slots in the line (boring), there's will be at least one new Leader mold introduced, and it's likely to be used twice, which is why I suggested the pairings of Star Saber/Thundering or Deathsaurus/BW Megatron.

• Like Like x 2
  18. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    If we're talking a proper retool, remember PotP Optimus has a fake chest in combined mode anyway. You could do a basic mode that homages the original toy using the Orion Pax body and the combined mode be more IDW by retooling the chest panel and adding a fin of some kind (flip out?) to the knees.

I'll also add I think you could do a killer Energon/Superlink Rodimus from Octane.

• Like Like x 1
  19. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    The gimmick raises interesting questions about retools. Rodimus is fairly simple as it's two headswaps. Are we looking at, possibly, entirely new inner robots?

Apeface strikes me as possible from Primal. Giant ape means they can go all King Kong with it.

I do like the Deathsaurus/BW Megatron possibility.

I'm also keen on the idea of an armored Ultra Magnus who combines with a semi-trailer to become a giant white and teal Optimus. (Although the funny thing is that Orion Pax's design was originally Floro Dery's design for Ultra Magnus until Hasbro got cold feet on all the '86 bots having new designs. So I'd like a Magnus deco of at least the truck mode. Not sure I'd want to buy a whole leader for it though. Maybe as an Evolutions 2 pack from unused design to a more standard Magnus.)

20. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    And, if I'm not mistaken, the last leader was Overlord...who featured slots in his chest that seemed odd when they fit Titanmaster heads...but now makes sense with Primemaster sparks.

The jet from Flywheels and Roadtrap repainted as Windblade and Strongarm from RiD. You figure that show will be 3 years old by the time the later waves start hitting shelves, possibly 4 based on when we get into Wave 4/5.

We already saw Blurr make the jump from Rescue Bots to RiD...why not Strongarm making the jump to Generations?

• Like Like x 1