Power of The Primes Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GuardianPrime19, Nov 29, 2016.

1. eceiev

eceiev Well-Known Member

Maybe the repaint of bw Megatron, T Rex to the dragon

• Like Like x 2
  2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    As with Prime and Rodimus, his "evolved" form would be the character he's named for.

So Deathsaurus would be the full winged dragon mode. Where they could play with a bit is take his G1 Breastforce partners and treat that as his "pre" form. A small beast that turns into a robot and then fills in the main robot's chest.

The upside of that is if/when they decided to reuse the mold, they could take the winged beast and replace it with a T-Rex for a Beast Wars Megatron reference.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 All Around Nice Guy who doesnt like soccer

Ebay:
    i'd actually prefer a leader sized Scorpy, I loved the interation he had with PM Prime in the Marvel G1 book

• Like Like x 6
  4. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Same! As a G1 Comics kid my Scorponok is someone that'd stand toe to toe with Ultra Magnus or Powermaster Optimus, but no taller!

• Like Like x 4
  5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Gif of that girl going:
    "Why not both?"

• Like Like x 3
  6. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

If they had already done a leader Fort Max, I wouldn't be mad at that, but the fact that Titan Fort Max is out there ... I'd be pretty upset if we don't see a Titan Class Scorponok at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dezarus, the smaller bird like creature evolves into Deathsaurus, the badass dragon/dinosaur. The smaller one flops over the chest of the larger (homaging the breastforce gimmick). Easy peasy lemon squeezey.

Marvel G1 Scorps in "my Scorponok," but I really hate having FM w/o a proper nemesis. Ideally (for me), Perfect Effect would dig out their Deathstalker design for a leader/supreme class figure and Hasbro would give us the city former.

• Like Like x 2
  8. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

Oh Man that is a perfect wave of figures, but please don't let it be an over priced handout to scalpers by being an exclusive... I also fear and will be pissed that this is what will happen with the other fembots... in fact I will be really mad if any of the team/ groups are split up part retail release and part exclusive...

I totally agree, Tracks should be a better mold I have Breakdown, Sunstreaker and Wheeljack and you can stretch the kitchiness of that weird leg deal to fit SS and WJ but I have enough of it at this point UNLESS They somehow fix the legs and weird universal joint hip/ crotch area. If Jazz is a Dead end remold ( somehow0 then I guess it could be possible. But track sis supposed to be a C3 Vette so he needs to be a front engine rear drive GT/ Berlinetta and I am not sure we have a mold like that currently in play with CW/ POTPs. Also with you on the flying car but I would rather it not be parts formed however I ll take it if its all we can get.
    and finally...

LOL

• Like Like x 2
  9. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor JaAmS

i know that Takara and Hasbro have this unity thing going on, the whole "lets both release the same things" but GOD DAMN am i still holding out on more toon accurate UW boxsets.

i like when takara gets creative and just all out does their own thing, like Grand Galvatron and Megatronia. even if they have to release the same stuff as habro, i hope they still do their own stuff.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

I predict Takara will continue the trend set by TR with PotP; including Prime Masters with the legends class toys.

As for the other size classes, I would assume they will be relatively unchanged from their American releases.

However, that doesn't preclude the possibility of more exclusive boxsets, featuring the characters from the post Headmasters cartoons. I fully expect Unite Warriors 2.0 Abominus and Predaking. The Dinobots are a maybe, but I definitely expect them to retool/repaint the Dinobots as upgraded versions of the Victory Dinoforce, with bonus Prime Masters to represent the core robots.

Furthermore, boxsets with the JG1 Pretenders, such as what some have done with Metalhawk in the States, packaging a TR figure with their respective decoy suit.

Not to mention the obligatory Buster and Hydra two-pack from Darkwing and Dreadwind.

• Like Like x 1
  11. combinerlover

combinerlover PREDACON`s , Unite !

I`ve been thinking a lot about what TT will do about their Japan only characters ... And I hope they bring UW back to life this year.

• Like Like x 1
  12. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

Yeah, that character arc was incredible.

"Yes, old friend... you did good."

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  13. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    We've got one Leader mold slot left. Who is it going to be?

Thunderwing/Star Saber
    or
    Deathsaurus/BW Megatron?

14. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    I honestly think Star Saber is the safest bet. There is a reason he suddenly appeared for no reason in Lost Light. I think BW Megatron will be a retool of Grimlock and Deathsaurus, if we do get him, would be a Voyager. But Star Saber has a huge fan following, was part of the Prime Poll, and he easily fits the 'Little Robot joining with a large thing to become a big robot' mold, as you could do him as little robot with a battle station that becomes Star Saber.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Verno

News Credits:
    I agree. The Leader-class gimmick screams Star Saber.

They can save Deathsaurus for the beast-centric line after POTP :p 

• Like Like x 3
  16. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    I am honestly hoping that if they do do something like that (and I could see it, with the Horrorcons and the Dinobots testing the waters) that is where we could get Bat Optimus and Croc Megatron. We already have the Bat Optimus figure from Takara so I could see Hasbro deciding to do those two together in a future wave for Titans Return 2

17. Verno

News Credits:
    If the line after POTP has to have a gimmick, I hope it's not Headmasters. There was enough shoe-horning of characters into the gimmick in TR.

There aren't enough of the original Headmasters characters left to warrant an entire line being devoted to the gimmick. By all means do them (Apeface, Snapdragon, Horri-Bull...) and make them interactive with the previous TR figures, but don't make everyone in the line a Headmaster.

18. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I agree the gimmick screams Star Saber, but then again... triple changer headmasters screams the Horrorcons, and how well did that turn out!?

19. Verno

News Credits:
    Indeed. But POTP could turn out to be a line of two halves. The first half finishes off the missing Combiners from CW. The second half could finish off the missing Headmasters from TR. There are still 4 potential Voyager spots the Horrorcons could fill.

• Like Like x 1
  20. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hopefully we will see stardrive before the end of the line, in both her normal and knight look :) 

• Like Like x 2