Power of The Primes Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GuardianPrime19, Nov 29, 2016.

1. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame Mistake: Made

And even with Slash, the mold is androgynous enough to go both ways.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I hope this won't mean that we won't be seeing any more updates to the none G1 characters because there are plenty that need updates just as badly as the G1 characters. Given how Hasbro and the design team seems very focused on G1 then with other non G1 series it does worry me a bit that we'll be getting more G1 only and no other non G1 character getting updated. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I would be surprised and bummed if Greenlight and Lancer don't get toys because we're only two members away of us finally having the original Autobot femmes from G1 in toy form. If they're at least exclusives then I'm fine with it. I'm also expecting Windblade to be made from Elita 1.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    A Fangry retool from TR Grotesque.

Repugnus and Squeezeplay will share a new mold.

• Like Like x 3
  4. TheGDR

TheGDR Member

Anyone seen the images of Battletrap? Looks awesome in my opinion and kinda reminds me of the Energon Autobots powerlinx feature.

• Like Like x 3
  5. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

How would you feel if they re-did Chromia as a limb?

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be opposed to the idea along with having Arcee as a combiner limb however I would rather have them do Greenlight and Lancer first if they can because those are two fembots that have yet to see a toy made out of them whereas Arcee and Chromia already have modern figures.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RodimusRex

I just figure they might prioritize the fembots with speaking with parts. Even the names Greenlight and Lancer are not very well established compared to the others. From Hasbro’s perspective, those two might be about as high a priority as Wreck-Gar’s girlfriend. (Who I admit I kind of want to see developed.)

8. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    Still Starscream. Just pick two random legs for the rest.

And even then, if PotP ended nothing stops Combiners from continuing as part of the next Generations sub-line.

9. RodimusRex

I am pretty convinced that we haven’t seen our last Titan Master either. Watch a full Nightbeat drop in 2019 as a new mold.

10. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Right, as I've been looking at all the rumours, leaks and what have you. Here's my umpteenth take on PotP waves 5 & 6 and the assumed boxsets based mainly on the snames that have shown up in the rumours (Starsaber and Shattered Glass Optimus are wilder, but not unreasonable speculation).

Wave 5
    • Prime Master: Waverider, Carnivac
    • Legends: Freeway, Flyswatter, Hotwheels (flywheels duocon. Obviously there's no way they'll get away with calling a tf hotwheels, but you get the idea)
    • Deluxe: Lancer, Chromia (possibly from the Groove mold), Nautilator, Overbite
    • Voyager: Snaptrap, Skywarp
    • Leader: Starsaber

Wave 6
    • Prime Master: Catilla, Finback
    • Legends: Seawing, Searchlight, Huffer
    • Deluxe: Skalor, Tentakill, Needlenose, Ranger
    • Voyager: Shockwave
    • Leader: Shattered Glass Optimus
    Store/online Exclusives
    • Deluxe Wreckgar
    • Voyager Thundercracker
    • Deluxe Blast Off
    Boxsets
    • Monstructor (Someone gets promoted to Voyager and someone gets demoted to Legends)
    • Landcross (considering that a)this appeared on a very reliable rumour that predicted so much of what we got through 2017 and b) The Duocon reveals could really work for Landcross, this feels like it might be a possibility. A while back I'd have pegged it as a Takara release, along with Dinoforce redecoes of Monstructor, but now we're seeing the Takara releases align much more closely with Hasbro that seems less likely.)

• Like Like x 7
  11. moonDUST

moonDUST Member

Instagram:
    I wouldn't mind if they skip the cassette gimmick and just gave them robot and vehicle modes like they did with Battletrap.
    I would also love an updated Cog (Gasket and Grommet) in this style and maybe even a Slammer plus something to turn into Sixgun.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

As awesome as the line is looking so far, I'm a little disappointed that Takara won't be doing their own thing this time around. Was really hoping we could get the Masterforce pretenders in the same way we have Metalhawk (deluxe mold for the inner robot and decoy armor for the pretender shell.) I guess some could be re-purposed from the Western versions (Skullgrin becomes Dauros, etc.) but it would have been nice if there was some deco change to differentiate them a bit here...

Maybe we'll get some sort of box set with them though like with Ginrai and Metalhawk in the strength set.

I really just want more Masterforce updates right now~!

• Like Like x 2
  13. moonDUST

moonDUST Member

Instagram:
    Yeah, I'll be missing the Legends line a lot. They could've easily continued with the PotP legends class figures and pair them up with an unreleased Hasbro TR head. (And maybe rerelease the CW legends class figures within Legend too)

As far as the decoy suits are concerned I was kinda hoping for the same thing you're describing here. I have a thing for the more futuristic alt modes so updated versions of the pretender inner robots is something I'd really like. Adding a decoy suit/target master would be the icing on the cake.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Yeah. That would have been wonderfull if Takara had done that.
    Wouldn't have been very hard either.
    Quake makes a good Skullgrin
    Scourge with a new head could make a good Submarauder
    Misfire for Bomb-Burst
    retool Windblade for Cloudburst
    Twin Twist for Landmine

• Like Like x 2
  15. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want a Deluxe POTP Cyclonus. Four of them.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Every Cyclonus needs an Armada :p 

• Like Like x 3
  17. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    There are only two things I am hoping for: Two more Decepticons to go with Czarscream, and a Masquerade box set that has CW Optimus, CW Mirage, POTP Jazz, a new POTP Sideswipe, and a deluxe Windcharger exclusive figure from the Dead End mold

• Like Like x 2
  18. TheSuperion

TheSuperion Am...were...Aerialbots

This list is missing Deathsaurus as the likely retool of Grimlock. Also, I feel Ultra Magnus from Leader Optimus will happen before a second Shattered Glass repaint, and Dinoforce before Landcross. Otherwise this list is pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gallade

Gallade The Ultimate Genius

News Credits:
    By the end of the PoTP, there better be a Star Saber, Flywheels, and a new Sideswipe and Sunstreaker.

For Takara, I wanna see them release a Sixknight and Quickswitch from the Sixshot mold in their style. Though looking at the recent PoTP figures, I don't see it happening... :( 

• Like Like x 1
  20. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Deathsaurus from Grimlock is an interesting one. I've specutlated on Ultra Magnus in a few other posts, but now that I've held PotP Optimus in hand I feel like it's less viable for a retool into Magnus. As for Landcross, well I've been trying to base this list on the existing rumours as much as possible. I'd rather see a Longtooth Prime Master than Catilla, but Catilla is the name that's come up in the leaks/rumours. Likewise, I've seen Landcross come up but not the Dinoforce. If this Hasbro/Takara aligning closer thing wasn't happening I'd have gussed that Takara would do a Dinoforce boxset instead of Monstructor, but now I'm not so sure.