Power of The Primes Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GuardianPrime19, Nov 29, 2016.

1. TheSuperion

TheSuperion No am Bishoujo!

This list is missing Deathsaurus as the likely retool of Grimlock. Also, I feel Ultra Magnus from Leader Optimus will happen before a second Shattered Glass repaint, and Dinoforce before Landcross. Otherwise this list is pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gallade

Gallade HSR and Transformers Enjoyer

News Credits:
    By the end of the PoTP, there better be a Star Saber, Flywheels, and a new Sideswipe and Sunstreaker.

For Takara, I wanna see them release a Sixknight and Quickswitch from the Sixshot mold in their style. Though looking at the recent PoTP figures, I don't see it happening... :( 

• Like Like x 1
  3. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Deathsaurus from Grimlock is an interesting one. I've specutlated on Ultra Magnus in a few other posts, but now that I've held PotP Optimus in hand I feel like it's less viable for a retool into Magnus. As for Landcross, well I've been trying to base this list on the existing rumours as much as possible. I'd rather see a Longtooth Prime Master than Catilla, but Catilla is the name that's come up in the leaks/rumours. Likewise, I've seen Landcross come up but not the Dinoforce. If this Hasbro/Takara aligning closer thing wasn't happening I'd have gussed that Takara would do a Dinoforce boxset instead of Monstructor, but now I'm not so sure.

4. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't rule out Cyclonus in this line. He's about due for a new take.

On the subject:

If we're going to get a G1 Slash (based on AoE, loosely)...

I'd like Cyberwarp and Skyjack as named Sweeps and Treadshock and Riotgear as named Armada members. It seems pretty obvious to me that was the role designed for them in RiD.

Treadshock and Riotgear from the Rook mold. Cyberwarp and Skyjack from the Unite Warriors Strafe mold.

Or to add some variety... Cyberwarp and Skyjack using the UW and Hasbro Strafe molds (one for each) and Cyberwarp and Skyjack as the UW and Hasbro Nosecone (one for each).

• Like Like x 3
  5. TheSuperion

TheSuperion No am Bishoujo!

I just don't see how they're supposed to do Landcross within a reasonable budget, as it would require 100 percent new molds. Hasbro Box sets up to this point have been entirely composed of repaints and/or light retools of existing molds. Dinoforce, meanwhile, are easy retools from the Dinobots (all they'd need is new robot heads, arguably), and would help to offset the cost of Monstructor's likely heavier amount of retooling.

Looking over rumor list you're referring to, I'm convinced at least some of these items were planned for Titans Return but were canceled. Snapdragon and Godbomber in particular make no sense in any other context, and Black Zarak sounds like it would have been a repaint of the diecast titanmaster included with TR Grotusque. Could it be possible that Landcross was another planned titanmaster class figure that was canceled? Perhaps he would have re-used Loudmouth's vehicle, which has a train mode.

6. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Six Legends class figures in the vein of Battleslash and Roadtrap would, potentially, cost only a bit more than the four clones we got in TR. If Hasbro have proved anyhting recently, it's that they've become very inventive with stretching thier budget and how they repaint, retool and share engineering.
    I mean, I wouldn't defend any of the speculation to the death as, for me, it's just a bit of a thought experiment. But if you're asking for the logic in how I'd reconcile a rumoured Landcross within what we already know about PotP, well there you go.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    I forgot, one more figure I'd love: G1 Scorn. Make him another Torso to form a secondary Dinobot combiner.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thundercracker Blue

Thundercracker Blue Well-Known Member

Man, I’d looove a new Sideswipe and Sunstreaker.

9. DestinedAnarky

DestinedAnarky I want more cosmic MCU

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Deathsaurus deserves a leader class figure. Star Saber is practically begging to be made in this line as a leader and his nemesis shouldn't be smaller than him. Deathsaurus should wait until after POTP ends to be made so it can be made properly and not a Grimlock torso remold.

Also, with the rumor that POTP won't have any Decepticon leaders, does anyone think that the next line might focus on the Decepticon leadership? We could be getting proper versions of Shockwave (voyager), Deathsaurus (leader), Gigatron (leader), Scorponok (titan), Thunderwing (leader), Jhiaxus (voyager).

• Like Like x 7
  10. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Even though this has been presented as a trilogy, I fully expect Hasbro to want the play patterns to last through the line after POTP...i doubt with quite a few combiners and headmasters / Targetmasters / Powermasters/ Pretenders that will remain 'on the table' that we won't see a big chunk of those with some of the big name 'legacy' characters thrown in

• Like Like x 2
  11. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have a feeling that Snapdragon is going to be a Hun-grrr remold ... Imagine that as a torso , I just wonder if he will be a Headmaster combiner body ? It seems all we have left is ...Landcross,Carnivac,Black zarak , Blood , Dezaras and Snapdragon ... To be announced any way ... I`m curious about seeing Snapdragon , And Black Zarak .

12. Revan1307

Revan1307 Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]all these please

• Like Like x 11
  13. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Deathsaurus would be a leader class and retooled into BW TM2 Megatron.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Prowlar

Prowlar Well-Known Member

Remember the lesson of Lio Kaiser. I'm guessing that Landcross will be mostly repaints maybe with new heads. Wing would likely be from Starscream, Dash from Jazz, Mach from shuttle Blast-Off, Tackle from Offroad, and Tacker from Rook with Nosecone's tank treads. Waver will be left by the wayside or end up a Seaspray repaint.

• Like Like x 2
  15. combinerlover

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oeeww , I hope not .

16. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Yes, but Tracks should be made from a different mold.
    He should have a flying care mode.
    It can be obtained by just attaching two wing/jets to the side of the car, but he should have it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gallade

News Credits:
    I hope so. I would love these guys to get toys in the new Generations Trilogy. I still hope it's going to start as a Classics/Universe 2.0/Generations/T30 kind of line. Otherwise, more gimmicks, which means:
    A) More characters having to wait until the next line is somewhat connected to them, which gives them a chance to be released.
    B) Characters being sacrificed for gimmicks and will be one of the reasons why they look like a shit update.
    C) Gimmicks will cost, so articulation will be sacrificed.
    I guess B& C are same thing, but I'm counting it.
    Really? I was on the Snaptrap train. Also, we've got plenty of other characters than just them. We've got the Autobot Targetmasters, Star Saber, Apeface, Raiden, Monstructor, Dinoking, Thunderclash, Dai Atlas, Sonic Bomber, Roadfire, Road Caesar etc. Unless, that was not what you meant, then sorry for misunderstanding.
    I would be thrilled for these guys. Hoping they get new molds though.
    Which is why I am going to hope PoTP or the next line will be the line that will bring out a glorious Liokaiser. I need all the members made and distributed to retail stores.

18. combinerlover

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    NO , I know we have yet to get those , and I`m all about Victory getting finished ...But I was just naming the left over names on a list of leaked character`s that we can all most expect a toy of .Unless they were canceled box sets . Sorry If I threw you .

19. Gallade

News Credits:
    Ahhh i see. No worries.

20. combinerlover

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It`s all good my friend .