Power of the Primes round 2

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smitty.1981, Jan 27, 2017.

?

Who will you vote for

1. Ultra Magnus

2. Optimus Primal

3. Star Saber

4. "Unknown Evil"

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    You forget this is Hasbro we're talking about. They lumped in BW Megatron with all the other Megatrons because of his name alone and the fandom had to fight hard to get them to realize that BW Megatron is a class of his own (not to mention technically co-existed with G1 Megatron in so far as being two different characters in the same timeline)

Well the original Armada deluxe actually does resemble that design quite a bit.

A Hot Shot figure that looked like that and wasn't shit, however, remains to be created since the original deluxe has shit arms and the Universe 2.0 toy has several far more nuanced problems like non-5mm fist holes and a crappier mini-con.

No. Sandstorm has had a completely new body every time he shows up - even the G30 Voyager boxart is completely different to any of those appearances, too!

2. Megano

Megano Well-Known Member

There's several Hot Shots? What the HECK IDW?! You can't atleast TRY to get their names different? I actually feel kinda weird..considering Hot Shot must've been a famous/favorite transformer or something...SIGH.

3. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Yeah, but there's at least three different ones, there's one who gets gunned down by Dragstrip, there's one on Caminus, and there's one in the functionist universe, but there's also an Energon Hotshot who shows up in the Functionist era, but he might be one of the first two.
    Well they never name them, they're all cameos and only one of them talks, but it seems like they want him, but no one does anything with him. I say just make the Spychangers a thing and introduce that version of him.

4. G1StarSaber468

G1StarSaber468 Brainmaster

Thats not an actual magnus prime verno, its just a repaint of takara legends super ginrai using a replacement name

It can also result in a similar situation that star saber faced in IDW thats not entirely a good thing a new generation of fans could be introduced as primal being the bad guy :/

This is mainly for the direction of IDW comics though movie ironhide and animated rodimus are from seperate counities and hotshot he's just a cameo guy in IDW honestly

And sometimes it doesn't, and god what I really hope won't happen is primal being turned into a major villain but knowing IDW's reputation with primes its probably whats gonna happen even sentinel prime a guy who wasn't a villain was turned into one...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  5. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

Havent been here in a while, are we naming people we would have liked to vote for?

Beast Machines Cheetor would be my guy

From all 9 candidates was primal the only one who hasn't yet featured in IDW. Kinda weird that his bio was the one that really referenced an Idw only idea (Eukaris)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Is its name not Magnus Prime? If it's name is Magnus Prime, it's Magnus Prime.

Bring it on. It'd be an interesting new take on him. The Matrix obviously sees something in Primal that it likes, otherwise it wouldn't choose him.

Again, bring it on. You won't see me pissing and moaning like a Star Saber fanboy if Primal turns out evil.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm all up for Eco Terrorist Primal, good guy Primal already exists and has finished his story arc. Just how Superior Spiderman is better than the new Amazing Spiderman comics.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    I find it pretty stupid to have the "who's the new Optimus Prime" poll won by Optimus Prime. At the end of the day, that's what Optimus Primal is, much more than the others.

None of these polls have reflected an ability for the fandom to make thoughtful decisions. I love Beast Wars, but OMG BEAST WARS is getting sad and stale as a rallying cry. If you are sick of Optimus Prime, which is the whole point of this maneuver, the guy who looks just like him as an ape isn't really the change of pace you are looking for.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Except he isn't. Superficially he is, but he is his own character and personality just like anyone else. He's not the supreme commander, and he's got his own set of quirks and personality traits. Hell, by Beast Machines he only resembles Optimus Prime in name only. Compared to Star Saber who's far more the typical Optimus role, the generic supereme Autobot commander good guy. Primal's less Optimus Prime than he is. Hell, Magnus is more Optimus Prime than Primal.

Also, the poll isn't the next Optimus Prime, it's the next Prime period. And there's been many Primes.

They have reflected the fandom's ability to be sore losers, however.

Is that the whole point of the maneuver? Because I don't recall that ever being said.

Also, you're pretty hung up on looks as a defining character trait.

As long as he's written well. Almost all the BW characters in IDW so far has been so disappointing because nothing has been done with them. Rattrap's probably the second most developed, but he's just second fiddle to Starscream. I'm not even sure what his purpose is, or if he's even still around. He's just... there because Rattrap's popular? Ditto Waspinator, Sky-Byte, Rhinox, the Eukaris mooks, etc. Compare them to Tarantulas who's way more interesting, has a purpose in his story, and despite being a totally different character is still a great interpretation of him.

My biggest fear is not that he'll be changed, it's that he'll only be there for fan service and not because anyone has any idea what to do with him.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 9
  10. samisham

If Hasbro really wanted Deathsaurus that bad, why not just lie? It's not like we could prove them wrong.

11. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Integrity? Sincerity? A genuine desire to give the fans what they want?

• Like Like x 2
  12. samisham

They're a corporation, since when do corporations care about any of that?

13. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    When it aligns with making more money, which it usually doesn't.

• Like Like x 3
  14. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you love Beast Wars than you'd know what you said was wrong. #FAKENEWS

• Like Like x 2
  15. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

So this is an argument that will obviously go no where but since I love taking TF too seriously I wanna get involved too

I know its been pretty well addressed but I don't get how so many people are arguing that Primal is the same as Prime. Further when compared with Ultra Magnus (literally a Prime Redeco and wishes he was Prime) and Star Saber (who has the exact same personality as Prime and doesn't really look that different). Also saying Primal is OP as an Ape is like saying Iron Fist is Prime as a Hummer. Yes Primal's headsculpt is an homage to Prime but it still pretty different. If anything Star Saber & Prime look more similar. And Primal & Prime's transformations are completely different.

• Like Like x 5
  16. G1StarSaber468

How do star saber and optimus prime looks similar? Also how does transformations do anything with the characters being similar personalty wise? Star Saber, Optimus Prime, and Optimus Primal are different characters regardless

17. G1StarSaber468

Verno its a replacement name, its not ultra magnus as a prime.
    Also you might not be but that doesn't mean others won't

18. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

I was referring to their headsculpts, which I assume is the only basis to say Primal looks like Prime as a Gorilla. In my opinion Star Saber's head looks alot more like Prime's than Primal's does. But of course, I wasn't saying that SS & Prime are the same, look the same or are at all the same character. I think its just silly to say Primal is no different to Prime. I understand there are some who are upset that their character didn't win. I think, JG1 fans were similar to BW fans in that respect hoping that their characters of choice would get a bit more limelight. It's just not cool to turn that into hate though. Truth is all of these guys are gonna get more toys. I for one would love to see the fiction adopt a new Prime. and as a BW fan I'm definitely happy to see Primal take the role. But if SS had won I'd still be happy too.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I can see how how Primal won, but Star Saber got third? Magnus, who had an 80 minute movie to show why he sux as a Prime, came in second?

I call shenanigans.

• Like Like x 1
  20. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    He looks like Optimus Prime and basically has his name. He may not act exactly like Optimus Prime but it's just disappointing that we ended up with the guy who scores 2 out of 3 out for being exactly "another Optimus Prime" and was originally supposed to BE Optimus Prime until the writers in 1995 took it another direction. You may be okay with it and even voted for it. But some of us just aren't that thrilled.