POWER OF THE PRIMES (POTP) Rodimus prime Preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by is456, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Donnie707

Donnie707 Well-Known Member

I wouldnt pay for what you just described. Im happy they made a leader rodimus. All the things that everybody is complaining about is just nitpicking in my book. He looks great next to powermaster prime and cw ultra magnus. To each his own but im happy with my purchase.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DMaynor23

DMaynor23 Well-Known Member

Rodimus has issues but I’m happy with what I got. Even in Hot Rod mode he looks better than what we got with CW and TR.

• Like Like x 5
  3. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, there's a difference between "nitpicking" and flat out deal breakers. I wasn't hoping to hate this figure. I've wanted an updated Rodimus for over 10 years now.... But if you like this contraption, fine. But trying to discredit other peoples issues with that floppy mess is the reason Hasbro feel's okay with crapping the bed on QC while hiking the price in the first place.

PASS---------->

• Like Like x 2
  4. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a love/hate relationship with this figure. On the one hand, I LOVE that we finally have an official Rodimus Prime figure. Moreover, the way Hasbro copied FP Protector and integrated the smaller figure into the larger trailer is great.

What I hate about it though is the fact that it's about 90% there. If they had just allocated a few more dollars to the budget, we could have had fold-out covers for the combined mode hands in vehicle mode and wheels that didn't have those horrible mushroom pegs. The stickers are abysmal too.

The only other complaint I have is the placement of the head and shoulders in combined mode - I wish they had figured out a way to line the shoulders up with the head a bit better.

Since Takara has given up on repainting these figures, i'm really hoping a 3rd party comes along with either improved add-ons or a new trailer entirely.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

Well, the upside I can see is this:

With the pins on most newer toys being a pain to remove and almost no screws here (I think the spoiler attachment might be the only one), the 3rd P options here will probably involve replacing whole pieces that attach with ball joints or friction. Which should result in a better integration of replacement parts.

6. Alagos

Alagos Active Member

I am getting this rodimus prime , can someone tell me whether it is worth waiting for the takara version or just pick up the Hasbro.

I heard somewhere that both will be the same, so just want to confirm this. Also even if both are the same maybe takara will still do qc better...

7. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Singlehandedly keeping Toyhax in business

News Credits:
    The fandom is never happy.

You folks want to whine about floppy messes that don't fit together? TFX Protector was exactly that. While a decent stopgap for a while, it had issues, especially with the boots staying on. Granted, FP was working with a design never meant to combine with a trailer, but they could have put more effort into it.

Also the new Rodimus has far less partsforming thank God. And I admit the second half TR/PotP stickers are ass, but Toyhax will come through.

PotP Rodimus is solid in my book.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    3E0DE339-EAF1-487B-8271-D620A74E4E89.jpeg 0A91B155-3157-4535-AF4B-FFC276208980.jpeg Not sure if there’s a separate thread for fan modes, if so, please move mods. I popped the hot rod pipes off, separated his arms and folded them up over the combined shoulder thighs. It seems to do a pretty good job of disguising the shoulders and doesn’t hamper movement if you pop the pipes off. You can lever them on and fold them behind the head, but it does hamper articulation and doesn’t look as good imo. Sorry for the sideways phone images.

• Like Like x 4
  9. C16

C16 Space Nomad

People keep calling the smaller figure Hot Rod, but it really isn't. No car engine, scales great with Classics Prime. It's more of a Rodimus Prime figure with a Rodimus Prime super mode, same as Powermaster Prime. At least originally.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Slag Support Squad TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's pretty much what my cartoon head-canon sees this toy as. It's the post-"Rebirth" Rodimus that succeeded Optimus Prime, but since the matrix is drained, he had a tralier armor built for a larger 'Prime' power-up mode.

• Like Like x 1
  11. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro could've just made the backpack fold-type panels.
    It's like a "incomplete" toy.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

It's not perfect, but I really enjoy it. Fiddled with it far more than most other figures I get. My only complaint is the vehicle mode is a nightmare (back end of the car with the legs attaching) to get right without breaking something.

13. MengHao

MengHao Well-Known Member

I am just waiting for this guy to be on sale. And when he does, I will buy him. The Hot Rod will be Rodimus Prime on my display. Scales well with CW Ultra Magnus IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any pics of him next to TR Galvatron?

15. DMaynor23

DMaynor23 Well-Known Member

TR Galvatron has little man syndrome next to him but the Open and Play version looks pretty good TR Galvatron.png openplay.png .

• Like Like x 4
  16. Thylacine2000

Thylacine2000 Well-Known Member

Apart from the stickers this is a superb toy. Very fun transformation, great engineering. I really think they deliberately made him look as much like a late G1 toy as possible. To the point where it looks like you'd have seen it on the same shelf as the original Powermaster Prime.

17. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I've chimed in on several threads about this figure.....so I'll do so here too.

If a toy's awesomeness is based solely on "how much I fiddle/play/transform/admire/pose/etc", this this toy is one of the most awesome I've bought in a while. (Prime too)

I simply love everything about it; even it's shortcomings. (which I admittedly fixed myself; ie silver rims, blue fists)

18. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

I just leave TR Galvatron in cannon mode.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is probably why ppl keep calling the smaller figure Hot Rod... CUZ IT SAYS SO ON THE BOX
    1516249652717-1181079353.jpg
    But i get what ur saying...
    By the way im selling the one i have. I can do
    $47 shipped loose
    $55 shipped in box

20. maxxzander

maxxzander Well-Known Member

i hear ya buddy, tat's y im skipping potp leader optimus as well...the orion-truck mode is a cluster fucking mess. hope some 3p like perfect effect or dr WU would come into the rescue... but i did get this leader rodimus bcoz i missed out on the original g1 version... hate his blocky backpack...again hope some 3p will remedy it..

• Like Like x 1