Power of the Primes (PotP) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TyrantGalvatron, Jul 20, 2017.

1. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Darkwing? Cool. Was that just based on the toy, or were you into him in the comics?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Yohane's Little Demon

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Even though the terrorcons aren't released alongside their usual opposite number the technobots, the dinobots do work nicely as an opposing team.
    Had some fun with Hun-Gurr and Grimlock.

DSC00053.JPG DSC00055.JPG DSC00056.JPG DSC00057.JPG DSC00058.JPG

• Like Like x 26
  3. shadowbug

shadowbug Well-Known Member

I noticed that early on in the prototype pics and not once have I seen a pic of the toy itself doing that...so either they had a mold change at some point, the people setting up displays didn't know, or they just don't want to show us something that requires partsforming. I thought I would be miffed if that gets dropped but the robot mode looks pretty good without the added pylon height.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku I love both Nemesis Prime and Anime!

My local comic book store has all of the wave 2 deluxes, but they're priced $25 each... that's making me seriously wince.

5. Gallade

Gallade Trap & Ambush

News Credits:
    Thank you! I actually had the same thought as well. I didn't want him at first but seeing him in box convinced me actually. My Orion was pretty loose at the hips, but I added some tissues around the joints since I don't have access to nail polish. ._.

6. Nemesis Otaku

Guess who finally finished Wave 2?!?! IMG_2015.JPG After seeing @The Kup 's pictures, I had to open Rippersnapper first! Right after I got out of the store too, lol. IMG_2016.JPG IMG_2018.JPG

• Like Like x 28
  7. MadMaximus

MadMaximus Well-Known Member

8. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

Still better than the fiends on Amazon and eBay.

9. Mirimus

Mirimus Member Known Well

Would you mind elaborating on what you don't like about Darkwing?

10. Nemesis Otaku

From the few minutes I've fiddled with him, he's amazing. The wrist swivels really bring out the amount of fun in this figure. His transformation is fun, but a little simple. The land-shark mode is quite enjoyable and adorable. I'm not at home yet, but when I am, I've got to take a few pics with Hun grr. Definitely get this guy, he's a hit. I remember @The Kup saying Rippersnapper was the best POTP figure, and I thought he was mad. However, from the few seconds I've fiddled with him, I think he's right. Definitely recommend buying him.:) 

That's true I suppose. I ended up but them all anyway, lol.

11. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Rippersnapper is great

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 25
  12. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Jazz, certainly has a new transformation scheme. But the step up in sophistication for Rippersnapper is that you forget about how his modes might be compromised by also being a limb? I mean... is there some new design trick I don't see from pictures he's got or something? Seems like what you describe is attributable in my mind to him having a "monster" alt mode as opposed to a realistic car/jet/vehicle alt mode, and taking advantage of arms being able to transform into arms.

13. Nemesis Otaku

A huge photo dump, my apologies. I still haven't got ahold on the spoiler tag thing. IMG_2021.JPG IMG_2022.JPG IMG_2023.JPG IMG_2024.JPG IMG_2025.JPG IMG_2026.JPG IMG_2027.JPG IMG_2028.JPG IMG_2029.JPG IMG_2030.JPG IMG_2031.JPG Just so you guys know, I've edited all the photos. :) 

• Like Like x 17
  14. Optimugatron

Optimugatron Well-Known Member

It helps that they are doing a much better job hiding the combiner pegs on the deluxes in this line. Even those that show the part have some sort of detailing to draw attention away from it instead of being a simple one color molded piece.

• Like Like x 2
  15. moonDUST

moonDUST Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Having some fun with some of the latest legends figures. Battletrap is awesome! Bring on Flywheels :)  DSC_0010editsmall.jpg DSC_0015editsmall.jpg DSC_0020editsmall.jpg DSC_0045 small.jpg

• Like Like x 19
  16. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

R'apper always looks happy!

• Like Like x 2
  17. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    That's not quite what I said, is it?

The point I was making was, for me, Rippersnapper seemed to manage both his robot mode and alt mode without the compromises that were so obvious in, to pick a couple that are closest to where I'm sitting, First Aid and Blades. Blades has some some particularly inelegant soloutions to integrating his kibble, with the hinge his rotors are on just kind of hanging around his backside being a particularly glaring example, and First Aid's robot mode has some serious gaps beneath his combiner peg and between his toroso and legs. The kibble on his back and the back of his legs is also very gappy. Even if I pull out a superior example of CW/UW figure like Strafe the kibble integration is still pretty inelegant, even though much more engineering has gone into it; Strafe's lower legs are an overly busy mess.

By contrast Rippersnapper's combiner peg design is integrated much more disceretely. He tabs together into a nice, solid looking bot. His beast mode legs use the articulation that's already in the knee joint to fold in neatly and elegantly. The end of his tail collapses into the back of his leg, filling out the hollownwss and reducing the amount of kibble that might otherwise hang off the back of his leg. He also has superior arm articulation than any of the three figures I mentioned above, with wristswivels and a level of shoulder articulation that allows him to cover his face.

I hope that satisifies your curiosity. If not, I suggest you go and watch some reviews on youtube. If, for any reason, you're still not convinced that Rippersnapper is an improvement on the engineering we got in CW then don't feel any need to to let me know. I'm really very happy for you to have an opinion that differs from mine.

Not at all. I'm not a big fan of the mold 'Blackwing' is based on in the first place (CW Air Raid), so I'm already a bit prejudiced against him. That said, it feels like much mroe modification went into adapting Dreadwind from Skydive, so it would have been good to see a bit more work invested in him, I guess? It's only some of the wing engineering, the head, chest and ashoulders that are any different, as far as I can see. Also, I absolutely hate that his head is attached to the 'backpac' rather than his torso. It means that his head hovers slightly above his body. AND I'm not much fo a fan of the facesculpt. The 'goggles' seem far too big and look rather goofy.

• Like Like x 4
  18. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    woohoo! found elita-1 and hungrrr at walmart today! awesome figs! bbts has the deluxes for me, too, but i'm waiting for the volcanicus upgrade to come in.

all that's left is alchemist and A3, might go bbts as well.

• Like Like x 2
  19. DanC

DanC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YOU: I just wish there was some way Slash could interact with Volcanicus.
    ME: (concentrating hard on something) uh huh

20180314_170044-549x475.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  20. Mirimus

Mirimus Member Known Well

Thank you...the goggles do look at bit big, but I'm good with somewhat unusual faces from time to time. Shame about the floating head...but I'm addicted to these damn things and I've got a wave 2 case coming, so I'm getting Blackwing whether I like it or not :D 

• Like Like x 3