Power of the Primes (PotP) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TyrantGalvatron, Jul 20, 2017.

1. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

jet.jpg
    couldn't get a better pic, hope it helps.

also they painted the front of the wings red (the white forward parts attached to the nose cone) and then covered that red with a sticker.. LOL WHY?

• Like Like x 10
  2. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    936B0F37-46DC-4501-AAE1-C16CBFB7D980.jpeg DF2D94B4-D73E-44EA-8424-D87C0BBF5BFD.jpeg 3C579111-EA9F-4537-89E1-BA051AFBC799.jpeg I think I’m enjoying these little guys a little too much.

• Like Like x 20
  3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Awhile ago when Combiner Wars and Titans Return were out I thought what would be next or how can they improve their Generations line? Someone made a joke saying Gender transforming, lol. With Power of the Prime, they basically combined both Combiner Wars and Titans Return and added Leader Class Evolution. Not that I have a problem with it, I love it. Just that if they continue after POTP, how are they going to top that?

• Like Like x 3
  4. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    bases, leaders that turn into deluxe bots with a base and then turn into a leader sized robot.

5. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Eh, would rather Hasbro distance themselves from partsforming the next line.
    Alchemist will make a swell addition to my Star Seekers. Do wonder, if he, Maximo and Vector are supposed to be aliens, should I buy multiples?

(On the alien topic, anyone know of props that would add to a cool alien public space display?)

7. Op Minor

Op Minor Well-Known Member

Two words: Gee. Two. The G2 homage in CW was nice, but I want a color changing Gobots that changes from orange to 14k gold when hit by water. And Laser Rods with actual physical laser rods. And this is the real long shot, but.... Jhiaxus. PLEASE, Jhiaxus.
    C38E2EFF-4FD8-4890-BFBA-70A1E06041D5.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  8. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    well to be honest i think they are going to go back to the base mode leader class toys, thunderwing a easy repaint of blackwing is it, well he wasnt done, we also have the repaints of soundwave and blaster and the repaints of there.... tapes, why do i have the feeling where going to get tr2.0 lol well hopefully not all the headmasters that needed done are done, we also have the deluxe insectecons from the insectecons to go as well...

okay back on track i want more bases, it would be a great way to work in the micromasters. okay i just want bases lol so i can sit down and play with my son with them

9. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    They say wave 2 Deluxes are already in Singapore, but we have not seen much reviews on them yet. Nor have I seen any on ebay.

10. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

That Elita is realllllllly good. I was worried it was going to be a lazy repaint with a new head but the remolding on it is extremely impressive. Good job HasTak! I'm looking forward to seeing what the completed combiner teams for Elita, Starscream and the Terrorcons will look like. Exciting times!

• Like Like x 2
  11. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They were just monster shells as far as I know I'm not sure about in Japan though.

12. Shoujax

Shoujax Well-Known Member

I know I am very late to the party but I just realized hungrr is a heavy retool remold of silverbolt

• Like Like x 2
  13. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

I should have explained better. I'm passing the Prime Masters off as aliens. It's kind of a way to excuse their more monstrous visages as disguises based on things that actually exist. But, here I am literally repurposing them as aliens. Not disguised robots. Just plain aliens. :lol 
    If they release more articulated Pretenders who actually go by their names, those will be the robots in disguise.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. bachamn

bachamn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    The two new guys look fantastic! Can't wait to get my hands on those...

Most of these are staying sealed, but here's why I picked up an extra Dreadwind to display. The purples are a bit off, but overall not too shabby as a duo.

IMG_20180213_213532.jpg

Kind of a bummer they didn't keep the stat gimmick for the TR line; that's one of the neatest aspects of the originals

• Like Like x 8
  15. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    that makes idiotically happy. Thank you!

• Like Like x 4
  16. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

Check your Elita's guys and gals. Her feet/toes have been put on backwards. They are molded to have that A-stance slant but have been put on the wrong sides. Every in-hand picture ive seen of her (now that i know its a problem) seem to have the mis-assembly issue. So it looks like it might affect a good number, it not all Elita's

It's an easy fix though, her leg is just screwed together. You have to be careful with the back of her leg though because it's also glued along the seam and up by the knee the grey plastic gets thin. Could be easy to break when taking her leg apart.

She actually stands a little better now that ive fixed mine.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  17. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    Here's some more pics that I've been waiting for the right-sized Optimus Prime to take.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  18. Liminality

Liminality Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’ve just opened them but I don’t have time to take more pictures and post reviews so...

Briefly in the order I’ve opened them:
    1. Moonracer is... very weak. I regret getting this one. Robot mode is all backpack and stuff skirt. Vehicle mode is... I don’t know what to make of it.

2. Blackwing has a very nice robot mode and headsculpt. Plane mode doesn’t want to clip together nicely and it’s flimsy but otherwise it’s decent. I don’t have Dreadwind with me to combine but I’m quite sick of the plane molds by now. 2 guns are great.

3. Rippersnapper is very fun. Transformation is simple as with most bipedal beasts but both modes look great. My second favorite of wave 2.

4. Sludge is ok. Nothing really stands out. Front dino legs are odd. It’s a dinobot. That’s all.

5. Snarl is great. You take the dinobot mold and flip the transformation around - robot head is where the dino tail is. The stego plates and the tail forming the robot “wings” makes it stand out from the other dinobots.

DD9D130A-D939-4F9A-9233-32534F071E7E.jpeg

• Like Like x 17
  19. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Just in engineering. Every piece is different, even the thighs. They share similar traits, but they are definitely not the same figure:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 33
  20. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I posted a few Hun-Grr pics. Man, such a fun figure!
    I won't post Elita-1 pics because I just don't like the figure. Not worth my time.
    Good thing I kept the receipt

Right there with you.
    So far the Deluxes and Legends have been great. I have Grimlock, Elita and Hun-Grr, and only Hun-Grr is worth it to me. Passing on the Leaders until Primal because I just don't like the gimmick.
    So far PotP is kind of hit-or-miss for me, but I do like some of it.
    Now just give me the other two Dino's, the rest of Abominus, Blackwing and PREDAKING, and I'll be all set.

• Like Like x 2