Power of the Primes (PotP) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TyrantGalvatron, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

Can you post pictures of the jet mode with the stickers removed? I'm curious on what details are underneath.

2. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

He looks great, I'm wishing he had all tampos like Slugslinger.

When I went out to look for wave 2 I only found 2 Unicronuses, the things I didn't want.

Thanks, I wonder what the g1 gun would look like.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Isaac Hill

Isaac Hill Systems Analyst

I'm using Slashes as torso fillers instead of Prime armor. I've got Skydive and Offroad as limbs until I get Sludge and Snarl, since they have roughly the same grey and red color scheme.
    volcfront.JPG
    I'm using HFGs as hands so I can make the bigger feet. The hand prime armor is facing forward for a few reasons. First, once I get the other dinos, the hands and feet will match. Second, the spiked toes remind me a bit of the movie dino feet.

Most improtantly, the hand portion of the foot is bulkier than the pointed toe. When I first saw the PotP feet, I thought the gap between the Deluxe and the foot made the foot look more like something attached to the Deluxe than a natural outgrowth. The bulk helps conceal that.

That's also why I have Slag's tail split and pointing down, instead of being folded away in the calf. I think Sludge can do the same thing, since he's a retool of Slag.

Here's a pic of the back, so you can see how the Slashes are "attached". Really, all the support comes from the raptor claws resting in the gaps in the front, by Grimlock's dino neck. The back is just Slash arms leaning against Grim's dino toes. You can't lift Volcanicus by the Slashes, but they don't move around when you carry V.
    volcback.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  4. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

jet.jpg
    couldn't get a better pic, hope it helps.

also they painted the front of the wings red (the white forward parts attached to the nose cone) and then covered that red with a sticker.. LOL WHY?

• Like Like x 10
  5. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    936B0F37-46DC-4501-AAE1-C16CBFB7D980.jpeg DF2D94B4-D73E-44EA-8424-D87C0BBF5BFD.jpeg 3C579111-EA9F-4537-89E1-BA051AFBC799.jpeg I think I’m enjoying these little guys a little too much.

• Like Like x 20
  6. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Awhile ago when Combiner Wars and Titans Return were out I thought what would be next or how can they improve their Generations line? Someone made a joke saying Gender transforming, lol. With Power of the Prime, they basically combined both Combiner Wars and Titans Return and added Leader Class Evolution. Not that I have a problem with it, I love it. Just that if they continue after POTP, how are they going to top that?

• Like Like x 3
  7. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    bases, leaders that turn into deluxe bots with a base and then turn into a leader sized robot.

8. jestermon

9. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Defender of Ed-Land

Eh, would rather Hasbro distance themselves from partsforming the next line.
    Alchemist will make a swell addition to my Star Seekers. Do wonder, if he, Maximo and Vector are supposed to be aliens, should I buy multiples?

(On the alien topic, anyone know of props that would add to a cool alien public space display?)

10. Op Minor

Op Minor Well-Known Member

Two words: Gee. Two. The G2 homage in CW was nice, but I want a color changing Gobots that changes from orange to 14k gold when hit by water. And Laser Rods with actual physical laser rods. And this is the real long shot, but.... Jhiaxus. PLEASE, Jhiaxus.
    C38E2EFF-4FD8-4890-BFBA-70A1E06041D5.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  11. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    well to be honest i think they are going to go back to the base mode leader class toys, thunderwing a easy repaint of blackwing is it, well he wasnt done, we also have the repaints of soundwave and blaster and the repaints of there.... tapes, why do i have the feeling where going to get tr2.0 lol well hopefully not all the headmasters that needed done are done, we also have the deluxe insectecons from the insectecons to go as well...

okay back on track i want more bases, it would be a great way to work in the micromasters. okay i just want bases lol so i can sit down and play with my son with them

12. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    They say wave 2 Deluxes are already in Singapore, but we have not seen much reviews on them yet. Nor have I seen any on ebay.

13. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

That Elita is realllllllly good. I was worried it was going to be a lazy repaint with a new head but the remolding on it is extremely impressive. Good job HasTak! I'm looking forward to seeing what the completed combiner teams for Elita, Starscream and the Terrorcons will look like. Exciting times!

• Like Like x 2
  14. jestermon

They were just monster shells as far as I know I'm not sure about in Japan though.

15. Shoujax

Shoujax Well-Known Member

I know I am very late to the party but I just realized hungrr is a heavy retool remold of silverbolt

• Like Like x 2
  16. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Defender of Ed-Land

I should have explained better. I'm passing the Prime Masters off as aliens. It's kind of a way to excuse their more monstrous visages as disguises based on things that actually exist. But, here I am literally repurposing them as aliens. Not disguised robots. Just plain aliens. :lol 
    If they release more articulated Pretenders who actually go by their names, those will be the robots in disguise.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. bachamn

bachamn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    The two new guys look fantastic! Can't wait to get my hands on those...

Most of these are staying sealed, but here's why I picked up an extra Dreadwind to display. The purples are a bit off, but overall not too shabby as a duo.

IMG_20180213_213532.jpg

Kind of a bummer they didn't keep the stat gimmick for the TR line; that's one of the neatest aspects of the originals

• Like Like x 8
  18. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    that makes idiotically happy. Thank you!

• Like Like x 4
  19. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

Check your Elita's guys and gals. Her feet/toes have been put on backwards. They are molded to have that A-stance slant but have been put on the wrong sides. Every in-hand picture ive seen of her (now that i know its a problem) seem to have the mis-assembly issue. So it looks like it might affect a good number, it not all Elita's

It's an easy fix though, her leg is just screwed together. You have to be careful with the back of her leg though because it's also glued along the seam and up by the knee the grey plastic gets thin. Could be easy to break when taking her leg apart.

She actually stands a little better now that ive fixed mine.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  20. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Here's some more pics that I've been waiting for the right-sized Optimus Prime to take.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 14