Power of the Primes (PotP) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TyrantGalvatron, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    A fair honest review.
    I really like the jetmode though.
    I mean, I know I like really weird things but those altmodes do look like cool vehicles to me. I agree you can see robotparts far easier than earlier designs and there isn't much detailing. But they still look cool.
    It would have been a different story to me if we had gotten deluxes that represented the inner robots while their heads could wear the shells. Alas.

• Like Like x 2
  2. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's great though. I'd hate to live in a world where everyone loved the same stuff. It's a lot more interesting a place when you can bounce off other people's opinions and perspectives. This wouldn't be the first time I went and took a second look at a toy I'd put down because someone said they love it.
    Better or worse?

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I only really wanted Metalhawk, but seeing them, I bought Skullgrin and Cloudburst as well. To be honest, POTP isn't really doing a lot for me, but I'm without a doubt, all in for the Prime Masters. I would've preferred faces on the masters instead of the symbols, especially since they've bothered to paint the faces on the tiny robots. However, it's the shells that I find myself oddly loving. I like the integration and the weaponization for some reason and find them to be better "partners" then a great deal of the TM multi-mode partners.

Sorry if you've seen these pictures before, but Metalhawk - Complete!

Click to Enlarge
    Metalhawk - Complete.jpg Metalhawk - Prepared.jpg Metalhawk - Shell Opened.jpg Metalhawk - Shell.jpg

Man, that's satisfying. Way back (and as I posted here) when I saw Masterforce, I had said that if I could only get one Autobot from that series to get the Generations treatment, it would be Metalhawk. While he may not have gotten an original mold, I love the Triggerhappy mold and felt they did a really good job, all things considered. But having his "Hawk" armor and a unique gun now is even better.

• Like Like x 6
  4. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, the fact that Metalhawk turned up towards the end of Titans Return and the start of PotP can't be a coincidence, right? Someone in the design team wanted this to happen. And it is pretty satisfying.

• Like Like x 3
  5. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

I saw that picture before reading the post and thought that you had either an unhealthy love of Starscream, or something was terribly wrong. It was the second one...
    tumblr_megvkeY4WZ1rkffv3o1_400.gif

• Like Like x 2
  6. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    (I do LOVE Starscream though)

Funny because I saw Clint Barton before reading you and though you were asking me to put my Black Widow cosplay again.
    And we both know how that ended the last time.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TF4me

TF4me Well-Known Member

Finally got my potp figs from Toydojo :) 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
  8. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Mihono Bourbon's hero

News Credits:
    Instagram:

Starscream is good. Hail Starscream!

(and I just realized I did't transform the torso mode correctly for my pic)

DSC09372.JPG DSC09400.JPG

• Like Like x 11
  9. Prime77

Prime77 Until next time…

All of these are great points about the Prime Masters. While I’m of the opinion the Pretenders should’ve been a bigger size Class with proper transforming inner robots, I can’t deny these little guys are pretty cool. They are a lot more versatile than I originally thought if you get creative with them and the level of detail on the shell armors is some of the best of the line so far. They’re just too much fun so far.
    E4FE314A-0B95-47D7-B985-F842405584C8.jpeg
    1F5E8DF9-DEE0-4227-8545-A1A7932F1139.jpeg
    F6C4576B-A2A5-4B9F-A161-C3EC47FCEED1.jpeg
    I’ve seen this fan mode (I’m calling them sentry towers) somewhere already, can’t remember where. But I noticed the bottoms of their feet all have different patterns on them. It’s almost like this detail was meant to be shown off somehow.
    FB3834F5-5602-4510-977E-1996BF4E8D47.jpeg
    They are their own weapon emplacement too.
    F0057774-20D2-4795-9299-D6435BAA3878.jpeg
    And I know I’ve already posted this one but it’s just fun and I think it really illustrates these little guys can interact in similar if not better ways than the Titan Masters did with the bigger size classes. Really enjoying this line so far.

• Like Like x 17
  10. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's a great photo man!

• Like Like x 1
  11. TF4me

TF4me Well-Known Member

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kaijufan95

Kaijufan95 Well-Known Member

Just got my second Grimlock on Friday (first one broke so I had to return it) and I noticed that his shoulder ratchets are starting to wear out. Is this normal for Transformers that have those kinds of joints? I mean my FOC Grimlock went through the same thing, but that happened gradually. It’s not super concerning, but I just want to make sure it’s at least common before I come to any conclusions :) 

13. DanC

DanC Delightful person

News Credits:
    My man here looks real good with TLK Hound's weapons.

20180115_105811.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  14. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I would have preferred legends into voyagers similar to the potp leader class but with the voyagers being able to form a complete figure without the legends but obviously that would be unrealistic :p 
    So I know it makes sense from a Masterforce perspective for the shells to be that size.
    If they had had deluxe inner robots you would have had a nice compromise.
    I would have bought the lot.
    I'm still in doubt about what I'll do.
    I am going to get Skullgrin to pair with Quake if they don't do another Quake in future. His colorscheme, alt and robotmode kind of fit Skullgrin's. I'm gonna get Submarauder to make my spidercreature with the obligatory Jumpstarters I had to get for the Takara targetmasters but I could get a Hasbro Misfire and get another Titanmaster for him and that would make a tolerable inner robot for Subs. I'll see.

• Like Like x 2
  15. MonaLazaBeak

MonaLazaBeak <Witty saying goes here>

I went into my local Walmart where they did a huge toy reset and were just putting out PotP leaders.

I went to Hascon. I’ve looked at the pictures and reviews. Let me just say that I loved Rodimus Prime from the get go, but seeing him in the box and then seeing Optimus, whom I wasn’t too keen on since he was so large made me realize the clear differences in between the two.

While I put them both back on the shelf as I didn’t want to impulse buy, I have to admit Optimus is the real winner of the two. The colors, the design shape, it all just captures everything about him and it really disappoints me now that Rodimus looks like he does.

If I can find CW Megatron at the right price, I will undoubtedly sell my TR Optimus and TR Megatron and pair CW Megs with PotP Prime. Just glorious figures and well done on their original looks.

• Like Like x 1
  16. LoranBasaraEvin

LoranBasaraEvin Gunpla Grump

Are all the Prime Masters bolted together? I was hoping to take Overlord and Sky Shadow's Titan Masters and doing some switching around to make a proper Giga and Mega.

17. DanC

DanC Delightful person

News Credits:
    Liege Maximo stabling his ride.

20180115_125123.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  18. GoldDeadEnd

GoldDeadEnd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love your posts. Agreed on the foil-stamping, glad to hear somebody else bring it up. Never had a proper Pretender, but I'd be up for a big-budget reinterpretation. In the meantime (and it'll probably be forever), I'm thrilled by these little guys and hope they carry on to complete all the original cast and the unproduced ones.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got my first PotP figures. I'm pretty satisfied with all 3, despite Grimlock's crappy stickers... 20180115_132653.jpg

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 16
  20. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 14