Power of the Primes (PotP) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TyrantGalvatron, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Type-R

Type-R blissed off my chonk!

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 24
  2. Deathhowl

Deathhowl Well-Known Member

3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    So from what I heard, Cyclonus, Thunderwing, BW Megatron, Shockwave, Scorponok and Onslaught. Do you think one of these should be the next Decepticon Leader if Hasbro would make a new poll for a Decepticon Leader Class POTP?

I just ask because since the last poll focused on the next Prime and because it would not be fair if the whole Leader Class line was just all Autobots.

4. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    I'd want BW Megatron in this line somehow. For a long time I thought the best way to introduce him would be to have it that the Autobots stumble on a lost battlion of Decepticons who had been found earlier but a Decepticon who pretended to be Megatron and led them as his own Mafia like group

• Like Like x 2
  5. combinerlover

combinerlover PREDACON`s , Unite !

I want Thunderwing to be mmade some how , for any reason . But I think a new character would be better for the role of Leader...That or Jhaxis , maybe leader of the euro exclusive Predator`s ....His name is right on the tip of my tongue ..Skyquake, that`s it . That would rock.

• Like Like x 1
  6. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got two for one deal.

Very stable.

[​IMG]

Grimlock: Me Grimlock got dino bitches.
    Slash: Where da rap video at? Just axing.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 12
  7. geezerman402

geezerman402 Well-Known Member

Finally got my order of all pretenders, the three new legends, all deluxe and both voyager figures, and what a pain that all was. Had to do some fine tuning to almost every bot, the worst being Dreadwind (left forearm would fall off) and Starscream (what a tabbing nightmare, especially the ones for the calf panels with pegs that are way too long. Plus, a shoulder ratchet that was scary tight). The only ones who needed zero assistance were Grimlock and Slash, so yay team bipedal dino! Well, and the pretenders had no issues, but they are so simple I'd be shocked if they needed anything!

8. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I've had Grimlock for about a week now, loving these guys.

1.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 11
  9. Gallade

Gallade The Ultimate Genius

News Credits:
  10. seali_me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another configuration for two slashes in combined mode. Probably my preferred one.

Very stable as well.

Here’s another [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I'm wondering how many Slashes I can attach to this beefy combiner beast! All set ups are so far very very stable.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 11
  11. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

Dude I knew you'd come up with something cool.....I was planning to skip slash but i think you've made a good case to buy her. Can you throw some limbs while you're at it?

• Like Like x 1
  12. seali_me

Send me some limbs...

Sorry I can't find any in my area. When I do you I'll send you a ping.

13. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

Oh haha at this point any limbs will do. Where do the slashes attach to?

• Like Like x 1
  14. seali_me

She's literally holding on to Grimlock. I used her Dino arms and whatever else I can hook on Grimlock's chest holes. Yeah, she’s a clip-on.

When I get home, I’ll put some limbs on.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  15. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

Ingenious! You may just have convinced me to get another Slash!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Slag was never my favourite Dinobot when I was a kid, depsite him appearing on one of my favourite Transformers covers ever.

[​IMG]

In fact he was probabaly at the back of the queue with Sludge. But he was still a Dinobot so back of the dino queue was still miles ahead of everyone else.
    I never actually owned any of the Dinobots but my friend's had Grimlock, Sludge, and Slag and whenever I'd go round their house I'd almost always go straight for those three and play with them. Jetfire? Who cares? Give me those sweet, near perfect G1 dino toys. They really did seem so much better than all the other figures. Not only did they have the best alt modes, their bot modes seemed to avoid many of the compromises that other Diaclone era bot modes suffered. I vividly remember playing with Slag, transforming him over and over, posing him, just drinking in all the detail.

And he stands the test of time. Slag is an excellent looking figure in both modes. Massive, massive feet aside his proportions are great. And to be honest, I always liked his massive feet. Same with all the Dinobots. They all looked like they were wearing fuck off Doc Martens or something. Quite fitting for the Autobot bully boys.

There's loads of little details I Love about Slag's bot mode, from the way his triceratops jaw folds down into his chest and reveals his face, to the way his hind legs collapse in. If this guy had better hands and an elbow joint he'd be a contender for best G1 bot mode.

The Triceratops mode is no slouch itself. Those red horns and the neck crest always made him stand out a little from his team mates. He's satisfyingly compact and mean looking. He looks like a wrecking ball. A fire breating wrecking ball. I think I used to be mildly disturbed by the fact his eyes were transparent. It is an odd detail. I could never quite get my head round why the Dinobots had clear plastic round their heads (or neck's in Grimlock's case). Just looked cool to the designer, I guess?

I actually quite like the fact they kept the transluscent plastic round the heads of the PotP updates, and I'm quietly grateful they've put a dash of red paint on his eyes. PotP Slag seems to get right what I found so wrong with Grimlock and just admits that the original was a fantastic design and apes it with modern engineering and more articulation. Apart from the tail, which now folds elegantly folds into -and fills out- the bot mode calves, and the 'wings' (hell have you got against those Dinobot 'wings' Hasbro?) this really doesn't change the transformation sequence too much at all. The lower jaw now hides the combiner port, which I'm grateful for. I get why they had to be a combiner group, but I'm glad that it's easy to ignore it.

My only, tiny complaint about Slag is that his hips are bit narrow and feeble. Suddnely he seems a little...daintier than a Dinobot should be. Like I say, it's a tiny complaint. I'm eagerly awaiting wave two so I can get Sludge and Snarl too. All five Dinobots (plus new addition Slash) in updated Generations form. Man, that's going to feel good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  17. seali_me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I want to throw more Slashes at him.

Can’t wait to get the proper limbs.

He looks really odd with cars attached to him.

[​IMG]

It looks way better on Menasor.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 12
  18. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Yohane's Little Demon

Instagram:
    Am I doing something wrong or Swoop's leg mode really isn't that stable. He keeps bending like this.
    Granted he'll spend his time as an arm, but still it bothers me.
    DSC09256.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  19. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I have similar results too. I will fiddle with him some more but arm mode seems like his best option

20. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    @seali_me : Ya done good man, l.like the spiky tail out look on the Slashes!

• Like Like x 1