Power of the Primes (PotP) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TyrantGalvatron, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    I think it's very likely there are no leader-class molds we haven't yet seen, not counting retools or something Takara might do. There are 3 new POTP leader molds known. TR had 3 original ones: Blaster/Soundwave, Sixshot, Skyshadow/Overlord. CW had 2(Megatron, Ultra Magnus) plus maybe Jetfire at the tail end of T30 counts.

Maybe Star Saber could be retooled from Optimal Optimus, but I think he'd also be a great candidate for a "Titans Return 2" line since he is a Brainmaster. (Though yes, he obviously fits the POTP leader evolution gimmick).

So I think Thunderwing could be done from TR Skyshadow and with the evolution gimmick. Use the same upper body/large jet, with a new head. Mold new legs that also transform into TW's smaller jet mode and inner robot.

But also the evolution gimmick could be dropped from the likely 2 unknown releases still to come. There was the concept art of TR Skyshadow being reused as Prima and Megatronus for POTP. Some releases in a line do abandon the gimmick. CW Bombshell only sorta has a weapon mode/way to combine with combiners. Plenty of the other CW legends that were reuses lacked the gimmick. POTP Shrapnel has no seat and even no footpegs for interaction with Primemasters.

Though with likely 2 leader slots left, those could be re-uses of the Optimus Prime and Optimal Optimus molds.

• Like Like x 1
  2. VenomGTSR

VenomGTSR Well-Known Member

That's pretty annoying but I'm leaning toward it. You can elongate them but they still look too narrow. It's a shame because with Computron and Victorion it looked like they finally got it and freed us from the HFGs. They still feel the need to use the feet in every mode and it hurts its primary purpose while also looking bad tacked on to bot and alt modes.

3. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I do think a 'Shattered Glass' Optimus seems quite likely. Moreso, in my opinion, than seeing the mold retooled into Ultra Magnus. I'd rather see the later really, but I don't think that's the way the wind is blowing. I'm still cautiously optimistic for a Starsaber mold. Maybe as radical a re-doof Skyshadow as PMOP was of CW UM?

• Like Like x 1
  4. VenomGTSR

VenomGTSR Well-Known Member

For me he's never in shuttle mode so I'm fine with it. The white Baldigus version flips the torso around so he is my favorite version of the mold. The white one also holds together wonderfully compared to the Bruticus Blastoff.

5. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the Victorion style feet except for the flip up toe area, luckily mine have never caused an issue with falling forward. The Computron feet appear to be an even better improvement. POTP voyager feet are a step backwards: I replaced mine on Volcanicus and Starscream as I built the combiners, into the spares box they went. The POTP feet don't make decent armor as Hasbro intended neither.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MadMaximus

MadMaximus Well-Known Member

The back of each figure look like?

7. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    At least one new leader mold makes sense for the last two waves or so*. And Starsaber makes a lot of sense for whom that mold should be. I could see something like Optimus Unicronus, Starsaber, and Primal Prime (or Optimal Unicronus, because why not) as the tail end of the PotP leader class toys. Ideally, we'd get two new leader molds, but I'd rather be pleasantly surprised if that happens than supremely disappointed if it doesn't.

*I have this idea rattling around my head that there will be a mostly phantom wave 4 (Novastar, repacks, etc) like TR wave 6, then Hasbro will come back like gangbusters for the last two waves of the line in 2019.

• Like Like x 3
  8. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Totally. PotP wave 4 will be released around the same time as TR wave 6 and it makes sense of why we saw no Prime Masters, Legends, Voyagers, or Leaders for wave 4 in those leaks. If we're right then I think this is the new Generations paradigm for the forseeable future.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

I thought you meant Co op reading this (a British shop that used to sell toys around this era) didn't realise it was a typo

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ronin35

Ronin35 Herald of Unicron

Hasbro should seriously sell feet packs. I really like the new feet to Starscream and Grimlock.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 25
  12. Deathhowl

Deathhowl Well-Known Member

13. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    So from what I heard, Cyclonus, Thunderwing, BW Megatron, Shockwave, Scorponok and Onslaught. Do you think one of these should be the next Decepticon Leader if Hasbro would make a new poll for a Decepticon Leader Class POTP?

I just ask because since the last poll focused on the next Prime and because it would not be fair if the whole Leader Class line was just all Autobots.

14. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    I'd want BW Megatron in this line somehow. For a long time I thought the best way to introduce him would be to have it that the Autobots stumble on a lost battlion of Decepticons who had been found earlier but a Decepticon who pretended to be Megatron and led them as his own Mafia like group

• Like Like x 2
  15. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I want Thunderwing to be mmade some how , for any reason . But I think a new character would be better for the role of Leader...That or Jhaxis , maybe leader of the euro exclusive Predator`s ....His name is right on the tip of my tongue ..Skyquake, that`s it . That would rock.

• Like Like x 1
  16. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got two for one deal.

Very stable.

[​IMG]

Grimlock: Me Grimlock got dino bitches.
    Slash: Where da rap video at? Just axing.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 13
  17. geezerman402

geezerman402 Well-Known Member

Finally got my order of all pretenders, the three new legends, all deluxe and both voyager figures, and what a pain that all was. Had to do some fine tuning to almost every bot, the worst being Dreadwind (left forearm would fall off) and Starscream (what a tabbing nightmare, especially the ones for the calf panels with pegs that are way too long. Plus, a shoulder ratchet that was scary tight). The only ones who needed zero assistance were Grimlock and Slash, so yay team bipedal dino! Well, and the pretenders had no issues, but they are so simple I'd be shocked if they needed anything!

18. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I've had Grimlock for about a week now, loving these guys.

1.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 11
  19. Gallade

Gallade HSR and Transformers Enjoyer

News Credits:
  20. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another configuration for two slashes in combined mode. Probably my preferred one.

Very stable as well.

Here’s another [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I'm wondering how many Slashes I can attach to this beefy combiner beast! All set ups are so far very very stable.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 12