Power of the Primes Episode 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by UltraAlanMagnus, May 15, 2018 at 12:01 AM.

1. AgentAlabama113

AgentAlabama113 I found a Macguffin.

Well at least it looks like they aren't going to drag the Volcanicus/Predaking/"heroes" fight for half the season this time like Titans Return. I really wish Mark had emoted more at the sad scene, although I'm not entirely sure he can do that and keep up the voice he's doing at the same time. Disappointing that combiners continue to be useless, just like they have this entire trilogy (seriously, they have never been a threat to anyone). Victorion continues to be the most infuriating character for me, since she acts so high and mighty even though she's done nothing but whine, attack others even if they're not doing anything hostile, and get her tailpipe handed to her. Also, did losing Dust Up mean she can't form the sword anymore, and that's why she can only use Pyra Magna's axe?

• Like Like x 1
  2. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    I found two bits interesting but again the sub-par quality of this trilogy just makes this series a struggle to watch.
    * Solus' Death - I'm a sucker for tragedies and the idea that Megatronus' possessive nature of the R Blaster causing the death of Solus I like the approach of. He didn't mean to but it didn't prevent himself destroying his lover. If only the acting was better I might have felt a genuine emotion. Also I swear I heard Undertale music in that scene.
    * Predaking - He is the unintended comedy centerpiece in this episode as he both flaps his wings when trying to leap across the gorge and scratches his lion head chest.

Onto the shit I want to complain about.
    * The footstep sounds. Probably just me but I hate these new sound whenever anyone takes a step. Really make me year for the days of High Moon and Prime's audio.
    * Victorion. As much as I adore her even she isnt able to escape my frustration. It's not the issue of "Hey you're trying to save me not shoot me" like most folks but her entire personality being just this "chivalrous, knighthood" caricature. That's all she is and it's annoying.
    * Anything else here that frustrates me.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The entrance to the Prime Cave, which looked like it needed the power of a prime to unlock and Megatron just waltzes in, looks suspiciously like the tunnel Optimus Primal walked out of in the preview.

WHOOOOOPS, SPOILED IT!!!!!!!

Last episode: The spark of Optimus Prime and The Matrix is used to awaken Optimus Primal and he walks out of the tunnel and blows away Megatronus in one shot like how Optimus Prime died.

Megatronus says, "Nnnoooooo that's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

• Like Like x 3
  4. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    You didn't expect otherwise, did you? The G1 cartoons are actually decent. Machinima's efforts are not.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Blunderzag

Blunderzag No,Primal...YOU have FAILED

what is victorion\'s purpose as a character besides being an all female combiner??
    there\'s nothing redeeming about her at all ,especially since they forget she\'s made of 5 people like the other combiners

• Like Like x 1
  6. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Again, too much talking....this show is trying to take itself too seriously. More transforming and more back and forth banter is all that's needed.

Furthermore, just like the Bayverse world....no one has any personality...everyone talks low and slow; we all love G1 because every character was chock full of personality.

.....and for the love of god already....UN-combine those combiners for once!!! I don't need to see everyone in gestalt mode all the time.

• Like Like x 2
  7. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My feeling is a WTF episode. That it virtually nothing happen Megatron crew.

8. Alphard

Alphard The Munkky With A Bowl On Its' Head

Predaking's little wings flapping when he tried his leap of faith made me lose my slag at 1 in the morning.

Anyway my main issue with this is that the plot feels like it isn't moving fast enough? It's just kind of meandering on this one place without much happening other than bots running away and Megatron going "HMMM INTERESTING". (Kind of like the problem BM had at one point.)

• Like Like x 2
  9. TaskManager

TaskManager Fritz The Cat

Pretty much the same as Titans Return.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Doesn’t explain why Volcanicus instantly ignores that Predaking just shot him.

• Like Like x 3
  11. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there a site to watch this in 720p?
    480p in some sites looks crap.

12. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty sure go90.com does hd, you just have to select it on the video settings icon

13. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

I seriously feel like someone had great intentions to homage TF's, decent for its time, beginnings in a similar way to how Generations has and will continue to, but budgeting and laziness got in the way and now they're only pushing forward miserably, because of their deal with Hasbro.

Obvious pading because they promised way more episodes than they could write for.

However, I do question "chock full of personality" since most G1 characters were 1-dimensional, bland, lacked any semblance of a personality, or were just there to sell toys and were thus 0-dimensional. Only a small handful got "personality" and even for them, what they got was flat. This problem is persistent in the Prime Wars Trilogy and I think that answers your 3rd complaint. Since they didn't even bother giving non-combiner characters personality, why have combiners be anything other than giant robots when that would mean more personality-lacking blocks to animate on screen. Since the animation is so poor, that would be a real pain for them.
    At this point, the trilogy is either an obligation they feel the need to shit out completely or a joke they hope to keep alive.

Last edited: May 15, 2018 at 8:35 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Rusting...

News Credits:
    I think someone told the new guy to animate Perdaking scratching his head and he did not realize that the thing on top of his shoulders was the real head.

15. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those 2 beast combiners better rip those 3 imbeciles apart.

Something is going to happen to Megatron in the chamber . . . and he will light our darkest hour . . .

16. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

He sounds more like the guy who voiced The Spectre in Batman Brave and the Bold.

Edit: And that guy was Mark Hamill. Huh.

17. MengHao

MengHao Well-Known Member

The flapping was funny.

I tried to like it, still can’t. The freezing of the scenes is for dramatic effect or savings? Seems the latter if you do it often (3?) on a 10 minute clip.

Did not watch most of the episodes so not sure if it’s common

• Like Like x 1
  18. crystalarcee

crystalarcee Member

there's a plot?

• Like Like x 1
  19. SuperSlacker

SuperSlacker Guy who lives in Nemesis Prime's sleeper cab

So tired of the continued poor, slow plot, lack of transforming (pretty much only Windblade & the dinobots have transformed at all so far, 3 episodes in), bad writing, and overall lackluster execution.

If your episodes are only 10 minutes long, there is no excuse to streeeeetch everything out and pad for time. It should be the exact opposite; fast paced exciting action & dialogue. Quick witty quips & fast cuts between fight scenes & exposition.

They should be trying to cram as much as they can into every 10 minutes to make it more appealing & maximize what little time they have, build hype. Instead it feels like those 1 shot slow pans in Dragon Ball Z, where it's 10 minutes of a character being introspective and thinking to themselves in between the action. You know, where nothing is actually happening & you just want to fast forward through it to the good stuff. Sad.

20. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Well there is now.

I'm just going to call him the Fallen to avoid confusion with the other Megatron... Fallen seems to be collecting the artifacts of the Primes in order to resurrect Solus... at least I think that's his goal.

Megatron noticed that he didn't have the Requiem Blaster which being designed specifically for him means he likely doesn't have it at the moment and then they went to try to find it before Fallen could get it back. They currently don't know why Fallen is collecting the relics but they figure whatever the reason can't be good.

I didn't say it was a good plot but at least there is one as apposed to the first two seasons where the plot is... there isn't one... There was something about a debate over the Enigma of Combination but I don't know why, one wanted to study it, one wanted to destroy it, and one wanted to use it for something that was never really addressed. Season 2 the "plot" was Starscream possessed Trypticon and now we gotta fight Trypticon for the entire season... never really even addressing how Starscream ended up in Trypticon in the first place.

This is honestly the first time I've seen any character act with a clear goal and motivation instead of just doing shit for no reason. The first two seasons were very Starscream focused but I never understood what his motivation was or what his goal was. Why did he want the Enigma, why didn't he ever talk when in control of Trypticon. What was the point of all that. Now we have the Fallen who in only three episodes has established a goal and motivation, something Starscream never had in 18 episodes... I'd call that a plot... They mostly stole it from the Covenant of Primus though cause the flash backs is his exact back story from that book.

It's basically taken them telling an exact word for word retelling of a much better story to finally give this series a plot.