Power of the Primes Episode 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by UltraAlanMagnus, May 15, 2018.

1. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    exactly, and im sure ron pearlman and mark hamil dont come cheap

• Like Like x 3
  2. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I haven't watched this episode yet....but...

...does anyone TRANSFORM!?!?! I mean, it's a TRANSFORMERS cartoon, right?!
    I feel like these shows are missing just that, TRANSFORMING robots! I'd like to see a heck of a lot more scenes that involve LESS talking and MORE transforming!

Please.

• Like Like x 2
  3. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only one that has transformed is that moron Windblade when she was "attacking" the dinobots/Volcanicus.

• Like Like x 2
  4. optimall

optimall Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I will say one thing, download the episode, then watch it at 1.5 x the speed. it doesn't fix the story, but it makes it feel more fluent, both in movements and episode pace.

And of course with one shot she managed to knock both Predaking and Volcanicus to the ground.
    Why have combiners in this?

• Like Like x 2
  5. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this trilogy reminds me of GI Joe Resolute, except that had a better story and pacing than this (it helps that the series was written by renowned comic book writer).

6. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Green Energon Disposal

To sell toys, @optimall :D 

Now, I have to believe that Machinima hires people right out of art school and just sets them to work on this stuff based on a beloved, decades old franchise.

Hell, they might not even really be hired and just be college interns :eek: 

But, I really don’t think Machinima is making this for adults, though maybe adults with kids :p 

So, as ever, our only hope is Studio Trigger and Studio Bones.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Rusting...

News Credits:
    Here's the problem we're going to run into with this show and any future shows that Machinima makes. We keep watching the shows so has really thinks Machinima is doing a good job. The truth I don't think Hasbro realizes is we would buy these toys without the Machinima cartoons to go with them. I don't know there's always that old saying but with your wallet and in this case it's but with your views but if we stop watching these Hasbro might get the idea that the toy line failed and not Machinima.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Gotta love the slow-motion scenes with explosions while Windblade talks at a normal pace :redface2: 

• Like Like x 3
  9. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    So let me get this straight; Grimlock and the Dinobots are attacking Windblade and Co. because they saw them with Megatron and assume they’ve sided with the Decpeticons. Last episode ended with Volcanicus being blown away by Predaking’s cannons as he arrived. This episode begins with Volcanicus getting up and immediately and wordlessly siding with the Decepticon combiner that just shot him to help kill the Autobots that he thinks are Decepticons, even though the actual Decepticon is trying to kill them. Seriously what the fuck is the writing of this show?

As much as this show sucks, I’m pretty sure every episode has had transformations. This one included Windblade going from jet to robot and back a couple times.

• Like Like x 6
  10. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes! I thought that was weird too!

• Like Like x 1
  11. usernamedustin

usernamedustin 3P Scourgatron KO. Has Die-Cast and Ankle-Tilts.

Please stop watching this crap. If you already know it is garbage, don't increase the view count and make this appear to be successful.

• Like Like x 3
  12. TaskManager

TaskManager Fritz The Cat

I shall.

• Like Like x 2
  13. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    pretty sure autobots and decepticons dont really matter as this show takes place post war, or did people forget that menasor and devastator were teamed up with computron and victorion

• Like Like x 1
  14. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

The plot of this trilogy relies too heavily on mystical artifacts, ancient threats, and flashbacks, and it really doesn't give the characters a chance to shine. Perceptor seems to be the standout character in PotP, whereas Megatron took the cake in CW. I'll admit, I'm even starting to chuckle at how Victorion talks (she says something like "don't destroy that which you seek to save"). But the awkward pacing and dialogue, the focus on bad plot devices, and the less than stellar writing are making this hard to watch. Also, this episode felt like Galvatron's attack on Autobot City in the movie--just felt much lighter, more cartoony, and like there's less at stake; a light "chase" scene to line up the characters with Megatron once more. Did the writers really need to knock him away just for the others to catch up and for him to leave again? I'd be more forgiving if the fight scenes were better but it just felt like filler.

• Like Like x 1
  15. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I didn't watch yet.....but I take your word.

Still, a show about Transformers shouldn't merely have one characters "conversion" considered sufficient.

• Like Like x 2
  16. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't really know if youtube links to other sites count for Hasbro as views though, they wouldn't shut them down if so.

Anyway ep.3 continues to be the car crash I know I shouldn't watch, but I can't keep my eyes away from the firing pile of trash, metal and rubble it is.

- Victorion is officially the worst character in this, they are trying to save her and she complains about being careful to what Windblade hits.
    - I do like the sound effects for Predaking's cannons, they would be more appropriate for a grenade launcher, but whatever.
    - Solus Prime's design looks still reeeeeeeeeally bland... not different from Megatronus, so there is some sort of continuity there...
    - Very sorry for Mark, I can't imagine how it was to work on this if he couldn't even make the "sad" scene with Megatronus and Solus seem kinda dramatic.
    - Talking while in slow motion makes no goddamned sense but is not the worst of this "show's" problems. (also you can clearly feel somebody in the studio said "wouldn't be cool if they talked while we do our useless painfully long slow motions?!" because I don't remember evere see them before this)
    - Predaking scratching his mono-boob is confusing ... why?

Highlight: Predaking flapping like a little bird and falling anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  17. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Green Energon Disposal

I really thought that line about “not destroying what you seek to save” was directed squarely at us, @UltraMagnus3786 :p 

But, friends, I really don’t think it matters whether you torrent these episodes or watch an unofficial upload on YouTube, or just on any other streaming site.

Simply put, I really don’t believe Machinima’s The Prime Wars are in any way popular.

Still, I felt like I might laud some of the improvements in lip-syncing, but Windblade has some kind of shouting gesture that her lips get stuck in at the very last moment of their daring leap into Slow Motion.

So, not only was that SloMo moment extra cheesy, but it was another example of messy animating plunging into the uncanny valley :eek: 

• Like Like x 2
  18. usernamedustin

usernamedustin 3P Scourgatron KO. Has Die-Cast and Ankle-Tilts.

Fixt

19. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "if you hate it, and it sucks, why are you watching it?"

Because it takes ten minutes of boredom out of my day. It's also one of those situations where you can't believe it is actually this bad, and there has to be something that makes all the pain worth it.

It's kind of like The House of Sand and Fog. It can't actually be this bad and continue with tragedy after tragedy, there has to be some light at the end of the tunnel. The ending must have some ray of hope and redeem the movie.

Nope. It just gut punches you and leaves you for dead.

Maybe people just like watching a trainwreck.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    IIRC, "Superlink" (but not the English version, "Energon") had a preview at the end of each episode where Alpha Q suggested "something interesting might happen" in the next episode. In the last episode, he says something like "something interesting finally happened, this show is over!"

..... Somehow, i'm reminded of this quote while watching this Machinima crap... :p 

• Like Like x 4