Power of the Primes Episode 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by UltraAlanMagnus, May 15, 2018.

1. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Taste

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
  2. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    aww, predaking flaps his lil wings when he's falling!

why are volcanicus and predakibg just... standing around at the end? did they forget their character motivations?

predaking's totally scratching his boob. or petting his own chest-kitty.

• Like Like x 6
  3. BowserPrime

BowserPrime Active Member

Has anyone else been noticing that whenever Victorion moves or just takes a step, instead of a big, chunky thud, it's just a light metal tapping sound? I know it's minor, but it's actually kind of distracting, especially since she's supposed to be a combiner, a being who is massive compared to typical Cybertronians.

Also, while Predaking's running after Perceptor, why does he need to have his arms out in front of him like that? He's like a little kid trying to catch the ice cream truck.

• Like Like x 5
  4. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Mopey Sea Urchin

Ebay:
    Victorion makes a different sound because plot armor is lighter than regular armor.
    Also, Predaking is airing out his armpits. Beating up wave after wave of other combiners is sweaty work.

More seriously, Victorion probably doesn't make a giant chunky thud when she walks 'cause she's a girl, and girls are dainty and graceful and stuff.
    As for Predaking... do you really have to ask at this point? This show acts like its budget couldn't buy a Subway sandwich even WITH a coupon. The animation rigs, direction and blocking suffer as a result. Presumptively, he's meant to be running with his hands and arms outstretched menacingly, but it just ends up looking like someone's toddler looking for a big hug after school.

• Like Like x 8
  5. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Green Energon Strike Coaltion

I guess Predaking and Volcanicus work under the more minds is not better than one logic, @Fallout, so they were like cats chasing after their catnip until something else startled them—specifically Megatron and his magic cavern opening skills, which led to Predaking preening himself. The flapping wings was just beauty and magic, though.

Or, maybe they just both recognized they were out of their depth :p 

And I noticed Victorian’s dainty steps near the end, @BowserPrime. Besides her feet being pointy and smaller, she over all is a lot smaller than the tiny Titans of Volcanicus and Predaking.

Still, this is 100% truth over here...

And it’s not just the graphics, @ProtectronPrime. They have Mark Hammill and Ron Perlman, and yet we have dreck.

But, I had fun, and I’m genuinely curious to see how Megatron will actually go full Reanimator. Perhaps he’ll read a passage from the Unicronomicon over his stolen antiquities to summon Solus’ spark? :D 

Still... I think Studio Trigger or Bones could make a fine Transformers anime.

• Like Like x 3
  6. legotron123

legotron123 Child of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like how they’re trying to make Megatronus a sympathetic villain. Not saying they’re succeeding, just that they’re trying.

• Like Like x 2
  7. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Rockdown

Rockdown Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Damn, this series is worse than the G1 cartoons.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    This series is as bad as Combiner Wars.  I thought after Titans Return took a step in the right direction, this would continue the trend.  I was wrong

• Like Like x 4
  10. G1 Evac

G1 Evac The Last Knight

News Credits:
    Victorion takes lighter steps because she's has the power of gravity and she's a lady

Is Megatron the Requiem Blaster?

Is Megatronus resurrecting Solus Prime or Unicron?

Are the 2 pretty weapons Solus Prime intended to build for Megatronus, Optimus Prime and Megatron, and these blueprints found later by Alpha Trion?

Will Megatron find Alpha Trion the Prime Master in the cavern, who does a Yoda and makes Megatron confront his greatest fear, the spark of Optimus Prime, and Megatron sacrifices himself to resurrect Optimus Prime, they both merge into... OPTIMUS PRIMAL, the Last and 13th Prime?

TUNE IN NEXT TIME FOR THE NEXT EXCITING EPISODE OF THE TRANSFORMERS POWER OF THE PRIMES!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  11. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

OK I'm actually starting to like this series now... Maybe it's just because the plot has progressed more in these three episodes than in all of the first two seasons combined.

Though what the heck is going on with the voice acting in this show. They got Mark Hamil as Megatronus. That dude can act, and he usually does a great job even when he doesn't have the best script. But when Solus Prime dies in that flash back his voice sounds so disinterested in the situation. WTF Is this? Then he first appeared at the end of Titans Return I thought that voice fit the situation so perfectly because he had all these characters attacking him and they weren't even doing any damage. They were like insects to him so it fit that he didn't really seem to care about their feeble attempts to attack him. But now that I've seen more of him, he just always sounds like he's totally disinterested in anything that's happening. He's suppose to love Solus Prime, he's suppose to feel remorse for her death, he should sound totally heartbroker... um... Spartkbroken?... during this scene where Solus Prime dies but instead he continues to have the same exact tone of not really giving a crap about anything.

What the heck is going on? I don't know if the voice director on this series has no clue what the hell he's doing or if it's the synthesizer making Hamil's voice sound so bad, but he constantly sounds like he doesn't care about anything happening around him. He's saying the words but the emotion doesn't match, it's like he's being sarcastic. Like whoops you're dead now oh well... Based on the dialog I think I'm suppose to feel bad for him because it's tragic what happened but when Megatronus comes off sounding sarcastic rather than genuine remorse then instead of sympathy I'm just feeling hate.

There is some kind of synthesizer being used here to give him a more metallic tone. He kinda sounds like the Joker with more bass if he were speaking into a tin can. I think maybe it's that robotic tone that's ruining his performance.

Otherwise at least we're getting a lot more plot this time around. This series has been seriously lacking a plot up till this point.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Because man as the older target demographic Hasbro expects us to understand and welcome this with open arms.

LOL goodness, when G1 did stuff this corny it had charm and was from a simpler time where kids were clearly the main audience. This... this....

I would be in sheer disbelief if Hasbro told me to market this as something to older audiences. I wonder if the investors feel the same in those quarterly meetings where sales are down like 10%+ compared to last year but with a positive rebuttal by Goldner as to how they will be up by next quarter. They tend to advertise this cartoon as media support for older fans with a big draw being famous voice actors. Like GUYS...did you see this cartoon before writing up the press release? Maybe save the big voice actors for audio books instead?

• Like Like x 2
  13. CleverNamePendingatron

CleverNamePendingatron Just an ordinary cassette. Nothing to see here.

Brick wall. Staring. Me.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    It's picked up a bit since the last episode, although I wish we were shown Megatronous killing Solous Prime, rather than focusing on the gun being fired elsewhere, and then go back to the scene to make this moment more impactful. Also, what injuries did both of them suffer when the gun was fired?
    The animation is improving, slowly but surely... although Windblade talking at normal speed in slow motion reminds me of Deadpool.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    Remember when Hasbro announced Machinima's cartoon's as being for "adult fans"? (This was months before CW ep 1 was released.) I still fail to see HOW this is for us adult fans... The only not-so-kid-friendly thing was Optimus being blown away for the 10,000 time (probly not to be resurrected just this once so primal can take over)

Do us adult fans hate good story, good voice acting, and good animation? If so, then Hasbro/Machinima hit this out of the park...

• Like Like x 8
  16. NominusDP

NominusDP Liking Shockwave is very logical

*Slow claps*
    Exactly my problem with this series

• Like Like x 4
  17. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. It’s only been a week and I already forgot this was a thing.

• Like Like x 2
  18. optimall

optimall Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I love everything Transformers, all incarnations of the shows, the comics, the toys, strange merchandise, even the Unicron Saga.

But this series should be burnt with fire. There is no excuse for this level of shitty quality in this day and age.
    A 20 year old Beast Wars episode outshines this in every way imaginable.

• Like Like x 3
  19. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    except the excuse is probably budget being spent in the wrong places (voice actors) rather than scripting and animation

• Like Like x 4
  20. optimall

optimall Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Totally agree, i can see that being the excuse.

Thing is, you can put frosting on a cow turd, doesn't make it a cake.

You need more than voice actors to make a show good.

• Like Like x 2