Power Of The Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus Prototype In-Hand Pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Kurome

Kurome Well-Known Member

wonder if PE will have anything for these sets.. eventhough these are dedicated feet, I feel like the combiner can use some beefing up.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover The Bob Bomber

News Credits:
    Until people start getting them in hand and can make specific complaints and recommendations, PE, et al won't be worrying about upgrading them (beyond, you know, needing measurements from the actual figures to design around). I could see someone working on a weapons set early (swords for those that don't have them, a giant combiner sword), but the combined mode's actual flaws (if any*) won't be as apparent until we have everything in hand.

*That's not to say I think it'll come out perfect - just that I don't think identifying flaws in a prototype is necessarily instructive

3. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

No but those of us who do seem to be the minority. You'd think people here would know this already.
    Seriously? How hard is it for you to unplug, say for example, Slag and unplug Swindle and just swap them? Swindle's stupid HFG goes into Slag and Slag's Dino foot goes into Swindle. Not that hard dude. No reason to be "bummed" that they finally dropped a stupid gimmick for something better and more stable. Nothing here changes the hot swap nature with CW combiners.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

I can't tell from the pictures shown, but I wonder if you can lay Grimlock's T-Rex arms flat.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no reason to assume so until they show otherwise.

6. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    Dude, your tits are still hot bro.

I'm talking about swapping between *all* combiners. Like if I want to pluck Sludge off Volcanicus and throw it on Defensor because I'm having fun with toys.

You act like my post condemned PotP for something minor, when I'm just saying "Oh shoot I liked that...oh well."

Getting a look at the prototype will help them get an idea for what they'll have to consider. Example: Looking at his back it's clear if that's the final combiner that *something* could go there to help stabilize.

I can imagine the designers are already somewhere doing design sketches and getting some ideas down so they can hit the ground running once the first figures get in hand. One such thing: Bigger dinosaur feet for Grimlock, likely doubling as combiner feet.

7. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

There is literally nothing that changes that. I know what you are saying and I addressed it. It's just whining for the sake of whining, like a lot of other people in this thread.

8. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Whining? You've made a bigger deal about my one post being bummed about the feet than I ever did about the actual feet.

It sure seems like it when viewed from the back. Either they lock together better a different way, or Hasbro left off something from the US release that Takara is working on for their brand.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Cough "There is literally nothing that changes that" Cough. So, yeah, it is.

It would also be helpful to see what fanmodes happen too. Feet and something for his back athat helps lock in his hips too (after you swivel them around like for the Prime/Mm mold, for me at least) and his flanks would be good ideas but it's hard to do anything right now until they actually have the figure in hand.

10. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like an odd lanky lady bug

11. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

You kidding? Sludge is clearly not properly transformed in leg mode. He has a swivel on his neck that allows his Dino mode head to lay flush against the leg, rather than stick out like a spike.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Well-Known Member

A few more ponderings i've had:

Facts from photos:
    -The back of Grimlock's box DOES NOT show the combined mode, advertise any of the deluxe dinobots, or in any way advertise a combination gimmick. Only the left side of the box shows the Volcanicus art, but no name and it's trimmed to cut out a few limbs.
    -Starscream's box also shows the combiner art on the left side, also with no name and a few limbs missing. Shown: Dreadwind as left arm and a terrorcon as right leg (Rippersnapper? Sinnertwin?)

Speculation:
    -Ok so "Prime Master" power is the 'big sale' here, but the directions MUST show how to change to combiner modes. Maybe the voyager's show the 'suggested' combiner configuration?
    -All voyagers are going to have official artwork of the combined mode. This means Hasbro has a 'recommended team' for all voyagers, even if some limbs actually belong to another team. Look at the CW art for Galvatronus: 2 aerialbots and 2 stunticons. Starscream looks to be doing something similar to this.
    -why do voyagers come with combiner feet?
    1) ankle tilts and Prime master gimmickry
    2) maybe to give a unified look to the combined mode, no matter who forms the legs... WHat if darkwind & Dreadwing have "King Starscream"-specific hands, and the Terrorcons have more 'monster'-ish hands? Solution for a more unified "King SS": SS comes with feet, so you leave the Terrorcon combiner parts OUT of the combiner.
    -We know "Volcanicon" and Abominus will have dedicated teams. Perhaps some of the other Voyagers will only have 2 dedicated members as arms, and borrow the 2 legs from another group? We've only seen rumors of 2 deluxe femmebots, which could be Elita's arms. And while Jazz is in wave 1, he's repacked in wave 3, which is the same wave Inferno is in....

13. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

Yeah, Hasbro always shows at least one figure mistransformed, so everyone should have seen that with each reveal

Look at the left shoulder, you can see it clearly wrong placed

Exactly, but what can Takara do to achieve a better combiner ? Extra parts ?

• Like Like x 1
  14. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    A 6th bot to solidfy the torso where the fists currently go.

• Like Like x 1
  15. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

So... Slash has found her place in Volcanicus :D 

Although I thought Slash could be placed behind for a better back

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which swivel? Are you talking about the one that might be in the middle of his neck? It wouldn't really help with making it look flush.

Also I was thinking more about that terrible torso mode than Sludge.

Because it got mangled while they were handling it. In other pics it looks fine.

[​IMG] http://i.imgur.com/QefqWbd.jpg

17. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    It may be easier to just show "Here's how you turn them into a torso" or arm/leg and show a generic shadowed out CW port/peg connecting.

Every combiner got art in CW. Including Ultra Prime, Galvatronus, and Betatron. These were named, but they were also acknowledged to be "the torso and any four limbs" compared to stuff like Maximus and Computron who were "exactly these five and nobody else".

Because you don't want to pack feet with a limb and risk someone getting stuck with four legs and no arms. Putting the feet with the torso means if you've got a torso *any* two Deluxes can form legs.

I wouldn't go as far to say Slash is confirmed as compatible. Her packaging mentions nothing and the prototype left her off. Given Volcanicus's similarities to Dinoking and Monstructor, however, its possible there's a 6th both waiting in the wings from Takara.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

I could see someone making a "backpack" for her to plug into. Those extra hands plug into Grammy's bot mode hands and there are extra plugs on his legs IIRC.

But, I wouldn't be surprised to see a fanmode come out that looks better.

19. ruinnatn

ruinnatn Silently Oldschool

Just a grain of salt but while I was looking lovingly into Swoops eyes at Hascon a dude asked if Slash was compatible and the Hascon staff guy said no confidently. Like I said grain of salt but it's something. Swoop

20. BidoofdudeofOz

BidoofdudeofOz The Stench of Discovery

Did you ask if it was the blue or red version of Swoop that would be available, because the case one was blue and gold but the renders red and clear?