Customs: Power of The Primes custom idea thread

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by marvel b, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

I guess you could easily do a lion but if you wanna take the time go do a turtle.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

I'm thinking of getting PotP Blackwing and making it into the Gobots character Pathfinder. I know that it is not a UFO, but I have never been a fan of that alt-mode.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FanboyX

FanboyX is a real boy TFW2005 Supporter

Aaaaahhh I love this!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheAmazingBrave

TheAmazingBrave 吾輩は猫である!!!

Would anyone be interested in 3D-printed replacement parts that turn the Prime Master armors into the mech suits from Exosquad? I've only watched an episode or two off of an art stream, but the pretender armors instantly reminded me of them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. FanboyX

I would definitely be interested in seeing it. Does it hinder their "transformations" in any way? Because I like having LG God Ginrai covered in Pretender guns.

6. TheAmazingBrave

The idea was to create replacement front panels, arms, and weapon packs which would be designed to have some play value similar to vanilla pretender armors, so no it shouldn't hamper the fold-out handle unless I have a good reason to replace that too. Even then I'd probably add a 5mm handle to the new part to retain the function of the original piece.

The real problem is the base where everything connects to. I want the parts to be interchangeable so you don't have to hunt down one specific armor for a set of parts, but all the prime master armors (save for retools) use different sized shoulder joints and connect in different places when the armor closes up. Making a one-size fits all for every prime master armor will have to account for every prime master armor made so everything fits together. This means the project requires a huge amount of effort, which is why I'm asking if there's any interest to begin with.

7. FanboyX

How many different molds are there? I only have the autobots and Skullgrin atm.

Making different parts for different armors does sound costly and I can see the resulting hunt being difficult. How much do you think it'd run to to do them all scratch with 5mm handles? The way a lot of those suits were designed, i'd love to see them as guns compatible with say my CHUG Wreckers.

8. TheAmazingBrave

I can answer that, because I researched it and have no life.

Roughly half of the Prime Masters made are remolds or redecoes of another. This includes Prime Masters that didn't come with any armors like the exclusives. (The ones with an asterisk next to their name are from the Throne of Primes set.)

Solus/Octopunch / Prima*/Punch-Counterpunch
    Vector Prime/Metalhawk / Alpha Trion/Landmine
    Liege Maximo/Skullgrin / Megatronus/Bomb Burst
    Micronus Prime/Cloudburst / Amalgamous Prime*/Waverider (never produced)
    Alchemist Prime/Submarauder / Nexus Prime*
    Quintus Prime/Bludgeon / The Arisen* (The arms, head, upper legs, and matrix core are all new. The rest is from Quintus)
    Onyx Prime / Predaking

I could design them all from the ground up by building a base... but since my only outlet for printing them is shapeways, that could drive up the cost. I don't think I can afford to print out all the parts myself. Maybe a test piece that I can reuse the schematics just so I know everything will fit, but not every set of arms, body plate, and backpack. It would probably be cheaper for everyone to hunt down a Prime Master at retail and frankenstein the base, but that's dependent on the material. Shapeways recently renamed all their materials, but the last time I bought a 13 square mm block of plastic it was around 10 USD. It might be more expensive now.

9. King Glurch

King Glurch The Frenchiest Fry

YouTube:
    Why not have the one size fits all parts, and then a new Pretender shell base? If one were to make a base for it all then you could easily have a one size fits all for it.

10. TheAmazingBrave

Aside from everything I mentioned in the last post, another reason is if I'm going to make everything from scratch, why do I need to conform to the Prime Master Armor's specifications? Why would the legs need to be static? And at that point, why even bother making them Prime Master compatible? Why not just make custom pilots for the mech suits and start an indie exosquad revival? I wouldn't be making a conversion kit at that point, and aside from all the other things I'm doing I can't add "3rd party toy developer" on top of all that. The idea for a conversion kit was to make something with the least amount of burden on myself. And again, shapeways is not cheap, especially if I'm doing everything from scratch.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Silverscar

Silverscar Eternal Non-starting Customiser

England. No, I'm not Cogman, stop asking that.
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm working (admittedly quite slowly) on GaoGaiGar. I'm using CW Skylynx as a base for Galeon, will try to get Titan Master Blurr to use as the head, two vortexs for ProtectGao and BreakGao, two Brawls for SpiralGao and StraightGao, and I'm not sure for GadgetGao yet.

Sounds like the backstory for SoundBlaster =D
    Perhaps retooling one of Abominus's limbs as Ravage's normal beast mode would better suit? Sinnertwin might do it.

I've army-bought Slash to try build the Raptoricons which only turned up in FunPub's story 'Of Masters and Mayhem'. They all look completely different but I think I can do it =)

Well... yes? We've seen from the original Dinobots that they are very tough to control.

There are NEVER enough females XD

So Magnaboss? Someone's already working on a Magnaboss repaint =P

I dunno how compatible he'd be with Inferno, but there is a Titans Return Godbomber which could really work for RID Optimus.​

I see I'm not the only one who came up with making Swoop a Lyzack =D I hope you do well!

Some milliput or epoxy putty will do the job to build up the shape =D

I'm working on a female combiner based on a 6 part LeoKaiser I saw on Twitter. The cute hat Lyzack based on Swoop I actually plan on making this combiner's upper torso core. I'm making the role of Jallguar (based on Onslaught) occupied by Thunderblast, which is a wonderful excuse for making her attractive but utterly lethal >=D Still deciding on the limbs though.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

Sounds awesome. Although maybe you’d get some better drills from UW Nosecone, that is probably too pricey though. You got a thread for this yet?

13. Silverscar

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I did, but with how slow I work on this, my thread keeps getting lost in the wave of other threads. I have two copies of SteamShield's Nosecone drills from Shapeways =)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

I felt he was a bit too bulky in both modes to really be Ravage.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Silverscar

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Shame that, I thought Sinnertwin would make a good base for most quadrupeds. Maybe Cutthroat, if you take his wings off, he already has the back legs, and looks a lot sleeker than Sinnertwin. If you can get a pair of rippersnapper arms from the junk pit, and maybe mod them so his hand extensions are paws instead of claws, that might work.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

He’d be good for other quadrupeds except ravage.

17. Silverscar

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Is that because of how thin Ravage is normally? Because Cutthroat is like, one of the thinnest you're going to get =O Him and Swoop (who obviously isn't worth trying due to not having legs).

18. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

Sorry I was talking about sinnertwin there. Cutthroat would probably work for ravage well.

• Like Like x 1
  19. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    for future reference... TAKING THE PURPLE PAINT OFF OF DARK/BLACKWING'S WINGS IS A NIGHTMARE! i had it soak in the standard stuff for the recommended 8 hours, only one wing worked (with the paint coming off like a sticker, super wierd) and the other is about 17 hours and still nothing. decided to scrap, and anything i can come up with... still has huge purple splotches.... okay, rant over. onto idea bits.

does anyone else kind of see an insecticon coming from Slug? like bombshells beetle mode? i oddly can...

20. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

Yeah I kinda see that.

• Like Like x 1