power girls new origin

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by KA, Apr 22, 2006.

1. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    the jla classified 1st story arc just concluded. i however, only have issues 1 and 4. can somebody fill me in?

the chick who drew this stuff is hot. i think she also drew the pro with ennis. whatshername.

power girl isnt exactly my fave JLA girl. used to be ice. but this is my fix from all those funny JLA books. sigh.

2. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

she's Earth 2 Superman's cousin from the planet of Krypton, Kara Zor-L

3. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

Her "new" origin is actually her original origin. She's survived the 80s Crisis, but she is in fact a native of from Earth-2 (or Krypton-2 to be more precise), where she was the cousin of that universe's Superman. Like most everyone else, she did not remember the multiple Earths after the Crisis had merged the Earths, which is the retconned reason why she had so many false origins over the years.

If you can't find the other two issues, the whole arc and her 3-part run in Showcase from the 70s will be released in a trade later this summer, as will the run on the 70s JSA comics where she debuted and joined the JSA. Both trades will be $15 USD. Amazon.com has them both listed now for just under $10. (Not sure what overseas shipping is for them)

Power Girl TPB:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...f=pd_bbs_1/103-3517696-0951843?_encoding=UTF8

Justice Society Vol 1 (there should just be 2 volumes to complete the whole run of the 70s All-Star Comics and their six issue run in Adventure Comics, which saw the death of the Earth-2 Batman)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14..._1/103-3517696-0951843?_encoding=UTF8&s=books

The annual JLA-JSA crossovers from the 60s & 70s are collected in the Crisis on Multiple Earths Trades. #4 will be the next volume, which will take the Earth-2 JSA up to the point where they got their old magazine, All-Star Comics, back in the mid 70s. Two more of those trades will complete the annual cross-overs. No PG in those volumes, but it's great that so much of the bronze age era Earth-2 history is back in print.

4. ABH1979

ABH1979 Blue Boba Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    Did she always have a Huge Chest, or is that a Post-Crisis thing?

5. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Her chest is actually a joke. When the original artist created her, he decided to slowly increase her chest size and see if anyone noticed. And that is how we have a 36EE Power Girl.

As for the artist on the book, her name is Amanda Conner and she is married to inker/writer Jimmy Palmiotti. IMO, she is one of the best expression artists in the buisness.

6. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

Yeah, Wizard actually did a special segment a few issues back, chronicling the inflation of Powergirl's rack.

Hey, if it's what they wanna do with their time then it's okay...

7. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

Wally Wood used to make her chest bigger each issue, until the brass at DC caught on. Wally drew beautiful women too. It sorta became his niche. You should Google or Wiki his adult comics from the 60s & 70s, as well as his sci-fi stuff from the 50s. Tragic loss to comics when he died like he did.

This is from his Sally Forth comic strip which ran in the Armed Services paper. (No relation to the current Sally Forth comics)

[​IMG]

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    wally wood, teehee.

man, shes gonna have severe back aches in like 10 years time. i guess the kryptonian pyshiology helps.

seriously, what the deal with psycho pirate (arr!). i just recall from ish one ending some characters which i assume are the other earth's JSA/JLA so the whole thing with ish 2 and 3 were PP trying to make her go mad.

whats the deal with the new powers as in ish 1?

9. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Well after IC #6, we have no more worries from Psycho Pirate.

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    That was the big three from the Legion of Superheroes, DC's super team from the year 3000. Psycho Pirate created them to confuse Kara by telling her she was really former Legionnaire Andromeda.

Recently in the JSA, Kara's powers started going into flux. Her strength was going up and down and she'd randomly get Kryptonian vision and hearing powers. By the end of the storyline she seems to have them all under control, though, as she's able to pull out the heat vision whenever she wants it.

"No more silly faces." :lol  :lol  :lol