Power Core Combiners Mudslinger & Destructicons

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Red leader, Jul 5, 2010.

1. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WARNING!!!!

When going into torso mode, don't try to tab the tiny slots on the thighs into the slots on the bottom of the feet. They look like they are supposed to make it more stable. Tuns out, it provides just enough pressure to snap the t-piece swivel on the thigh.

Damn it!!!!

2. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This toy is absolutely horrible
    Or at least the one I got was... cheap feeling thin plastic, the junker drone needs help transforming, his body is all loose and floppy and one of the blue pegs is loose, it's hard to get him into vehicle mode, and the combiner mode head is uglay....

kinda tempted to return instead of exchange...

3. MidnightBliss

News Credits:
    Son of a BITCH!!!!

Second Mudslinger, second time the t-pieces that hold the legs to the thighs are broken. This time right out of the box. I think the combination of soft plastic and a thin area is a bad design element.

Went to 6 different stores to try and get him again. Not doing it again. Should've called him $hitslinger.

4. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol

I really don't like the scout that comes in this set all... >_> starting to think the rallybots guy might be better despite all the bad feedback he gets...

5. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    Bombshock alone, can't support PCC. I hope the 5 packs get better...

6. MicroZone21

MicroZone21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got this set today. The scout is a mess in all 3 modes. Wont even hold together in truck mode. The dune buggy drone wont attach to any commander figure. Gonna take it back. Shame since the drones at least look great.

7. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am not a fan of Power Core Combiners, but I have to say that if I were to recommend one, it would be Mudslinger with the Destructicons. They seem to hold better and have more articulation combined than my other 5 pack sets. Mudslinger alone as a scout sized robot has pretty good articulation and stands well. As a vehicle he rolls really well because of the big wheels, looks cool and can at least run over other Transformers. And finally, the drones have weapons on them giving them more play value in vehicle mode and look badass. I'm still not a fan of the Power Core Combiners gimmick, but if you are going to buy just one, this would be my pick.

8. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^cool!

I'm anxious to find this guy. I found Double Clutch last week and so far this guy has been extremely elusive. One of the fun things (or frusturating) I find about this line is noticing that there are parts left out or not clear in the instructions. So trying to find what works it kinda fun.

...I dunno. That's just me I guess.

9. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wish I had read this before I got mine. Both have small cracks, but a bit of glue should take care of 'em since they haven't snapped all the way. A shame, otherwise I like him.

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got both 5 packs of the PPC Wave 2 today. Sadly my mudslinger's mid thigh has a fracture on the top bar that connects to the socket piece. I'll wait till I find a new one then swap them out and get a refund.

Double Clutch has loose forearms that pop off when I try to connect them to the back in combined mode and his top piece for combined mode is floppy. Will switch him out too..

I do think they are decent bots though.. just got a bad batch..

11. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    How come the Destructicons are already reviewed to death but not the Rallyebots?

12. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    we have a rallybots feedback, its around second page.

13. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Y'know, after seeing how common this "hips cracking" problem was, I think Hasbro may have a problem on their hands with this-- I think it can violate safety standards, given how easy the pieces crack. I e-mailed their customer service about it, I'm curious if I'll get a response:

14. MidnightBliss

News Credits:
    Keep us posted. I'm interested to see if you get any real response.

15. Biotoakid

Biotoakid Whew what an old username

News Credits:
    Pics of broken tabs?

16. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hrrrmm.... this is interesting. Most of this seems to be a form letter, but it appears they actually want me to send the toy in for evaluation:

On the one hand, I don't want a toy of "comparable value" in exchange that I likely already have (or don't want, if it's a non-TF product), I just want a working Mudslinger and, like I've already said, have managed to superglue the relevant parts together so that he's still functional, even if his legs are floppy... I wish they'd have just offered a straight-up refund instead.

On the other hand, they want me to send it to them for "further evaluation", though I don't know if that means they'll look at it, go "yep, it's cracked", then toss it, or if it'll actually make some kind of difference, either in later releases of the mold or perhaps in some sort of recall.

Hrrmmm... I gotta think about this one...

17. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Well, many toys have been "fixed" in later releases thanks to reports like yours. Such is the case on most transformers that get sold here, most of them have the more common QC issues fixed already. It's the only advantage we have for getting them so late and with less diversity.

18. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i found Mudslinger yesterday, and so far mine is fine, but i haven't investigated for any cracks... However ORIO also found one today, and right out of the box one of his legs broke, then shortly after, the other one broke too... guess this design is a bit flawed... hopefully they get this fixed...

19. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i just got home and started playing with Mudslinger and mine is clipping together just fine, and there's not stress marks on the legs where others have stated issues... and his scout feet clip into the little tab on his legs and hold together awesomely... maybe there was just a bad batch and i got a good one? not sure at all, but he even just survived falling over (on carpet)

and i hate how his scout arms sit over his shoulders, but he looks much better with his arms just tucked behind him so his wheels sit at an angle over his shoulders much like Universe Hound... i'm diggin this PCC wave...

20. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well against my better judgement I picked up this set tonight. Soon after taking him out of the box, I noticed the right leg was braking, but not yet broken. Going to try my hand at fixing it tomorrow, but may end up taking it back..its too bad as the combined mode is not that bad, and I dig the drones well enough.

And you're right Lumpy, his scout arms do look better Hound style. :thumbs2:  I don't think I've actually used the instructions directions on any of these so far for the legs.. I hate that squat look they keep giving combiners.