Power Core Combiners Leaders Powermasters And Headmasters

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Feb 16, 2010.

?

Do you want Power Core Combiners Leaders Headmasters And Powermasters?

1. Yes

45 vote(s)
    84.9%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    15.1%
  1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Anyone else think that the Power Core Combiners gimmicks might be well suited for figures? Stuff like the Breastmasters from Victory? I mean since the minicons in the Power Core Combiners line are quad changers that have an armor mode, I think we have unofficially designated, modern breastmasters!

Now it would be REALLY cool if we could get Power Core Combiner Leaders. Remember those limbs that lack robot modes for the Power Core Combiners 5 packs? What if instead of vehicle limbs, we get mini robot figures that when attached, don't turn into limbs, but HEADS instead! Well of course, not that plug into like the arm and leg sockets, but the neck areas. HEADMASTERS!

Or POWERMASTERS! Yep, I want a POWERMASTER PRIME!:bay 

The question is, do you guys think we should see leaders and powersmasters/headmasters in the line?

For example, headmaster Star Saber, Ape Face, et al.

2. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

I think it would be cool to have something like the Japanese exclusives - the breastmasters and brainmasters in the line. It would also be neat to have modern headmaster toys.

3. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I'm saying oh YES I would like to have them. It would be just like reliving the 80's again which I soley miss very much.

4. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I wouldn't mind it, but... that means I would have to clear another shelf for Season 4/Headmasters characters.

5. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I just want Powercore Combiners to do its thing and then quietly draw to a close.

I wouldn't mind the odd Headmaster homage or Powermaster Prime, but it's better to brand that under Generations/Universe. I don't see any necessity to get it mixed up with all that Powercore nonsense.

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    id buy them but even more id like to know if the powercore combiners is just a gimmick for the generations line or the next series

7. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    When I saw the Toy Fair pics of the Power Core Combiner 2 packs, my first thought was Breastmasters.

8. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I'd rather see some Headmasters and Powermasters get the classics/henkei/universe/generations treatment. But, if they were in the PCC line but fit right in with CHUG, then sure, I'd be for it. I'd just add them to my "classics".

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope the Power Core concept has the same popularity and longevity that the Minicon concept has.

I've never cared much for the US interpretation of the Headmaster concept, but would be happy to see it revisited again in a new way. I most definitely want to see larger class PCC toys, up to and including leader size.

10. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    They brought back Targetmasters...I don't see why not.

11. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Target Masters were cool because they were little robots that turned into little guns. Even if you lose the little robot, the big one is still complete.

I was never a big fan of the other -Master stuff though. I can see their appeal, but the concepts never really struck me as all too impressive. That being said, any new TF toys are ok in my book if they look good.

12. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That right there sold me on the idea.

13. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Technically.... impossible! Since you know, Minicons are part of the Powercore concept and existed before so Minicon longevity will always be greater than(and not equal to) Powercore :tongue: 

Just kidding around, But ya, I know what you mean.

Probably also technically impossible if imagined in the strictest sense since I'd guess the blue powercore connectors would have to be upsized for a leader-class combiner, so then not everything would be fully compatiable. That said, I'd certainly love to see a powercore-style leader gestalt with a deluxe class "commander"/"torso" and then limbs that are scouts with robot modes.

As far as headmasters, powermasters, etc. in PCC? Well... that doesn't seem to mesh with the PCC gimmick. Let them show up in Generations so the PCC gimmick wouldn't be compromised for another gimmick and so the *master gimmick also wouldn't be compromised by also having to fit in with the line-wide compatability gimmick of PCC.

14. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd love some Headmasters but I wouldn't be interested in them as part of the PCC line. I'd rather not have them made of clear plastic.

15. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Powermaster op's truck mode was awesome... the rest.... kinda blah.... 20 yrs later? more articulation, better design.... would definitely be needed

16. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was thinking of the old Diaclone combiner or the old vehicle Voltrons... both made up of 8-12 smaller components. Don't see any reason why something along those lines wouldn't be possible in the PCC format... a deluxe class in the middle + eight of the little guys (2 for each limb). Making them universally compatible would be the challenge, of course.

17. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would buy the crap out of those if it were to happen

18. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:

This, this, and this.

I would love to see the return of Headmasters and Powermaster, along with some more Targetmasters. However I don't think I would want the PowerCore influence on them. I really don't think they would turn out right in that line. Better they go in Generations.

19. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    You know what would be amazing? Robots that transform into vehicles and gestalt components. *is still bitter kthnxbai*

20. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'd lile to see them bring back Headmasters and Powermasters. Heck, bring back Targetmasters too. My Classics Cyclonus gets lonely.