Heavy/Scratch: Power Core Combiner Menasor (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by MaverickPrime, Dec 28, 2010.

1. MaverickPrime

MaverickPrime Mechanical Engineer-to be

News Credits:
    He was released as a homage to Menasor, but he was far from being the Gestalt warrior. Now, I´m trying to help Crankcase achieve his true potential, turning him into the combiner he should have been from the start.
    He´s just an early WIP, and he´s my very first custom, so I´ll happily acept the opinions, just don´t be too harsh :D 
    Sorry for the bad quality, I don´t have a camera, just my cell phone
    The twist ties are there just to show how it will look, I´m already working on a way to truly combine them.
    I used four minicons for the stunticons, another minicon to work as the car/chest piece the original Menasor had and Bionicle parts for the arms and legs, I´m trying to make the hands from scratch using twist ties and epoxy.
    Critics and comments welcome!

Attached Files:

2. Blurr ftw

Blurr ftw Quick draw

interesting i dont care much for pcc but im gonna keep a close eye on this one

3. Mattw38

Mattw38 Well-Known Member

wouldn't taking 4 of the Destron PCC drones have been alot easier? Also painting Crankcase to look more like G1 Motormaster may also have helped.

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Looking pretty interesting so far. I actually really dig the PCCs, so I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this.

He hasn't finished yet. :p  And if he's going to use PCC drones, wouldn't the Rallybots be the more sensible choice? The Destrons are the ones that already come with Crankcase, and they're military vehicles and aircraft. Or did you mean Destructicons, the ones that came with Mudslinger?

I don't know if it's any help, but I have a set of PCC combiner ports for sale on my Shapeways store; they're very useful for turning things into combiner limbs.

Also, I noticed you've used Dirt Boss as a chest plate, but he's far too high up, and obscures most of the face. Might I suggest you try Mirage instead? That mould works pretty well as a chest plate, since the Minicon port is right toward the back of the car. It looks even better, in my opinion, if you pull the shoulders up like you do for his robot mode; it widens the chest plate a little further, and makes it look a little bit less like just a car.

5. MaverickPrime

MaverickPrime Mechanical Engineer-to be

News Credits:
    Thanks for the support!
    I used minicons because I want them to have robot modes too, even if it means smaller Stunticons :p 
    I´ve changed the way the chest piece is mounted, which I also used to get his head higher and gives Menasor a better shape overall and also it makes Dirt Boss a better chest armor.
    I first thought of Mirage for Drag Strip as I also have him, but I couldn´t find him, so Downshift will take his place temporarily.
    And yes, I still have to pain him, but I´ll leave that for later.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  6. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Yeah, Dirt Boss makes a fantastic chest. I'll be watching this too. looking good so far.