Power Core Combiner 4 Packs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Thenames9, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Many people say that PCC 5 packs aren't good and the Commanders are better. So Hasbro, why not release 4 packs with just the drones, no commander? I'd buy them and don't have to dish out on a rubbish commander figure and just use the drones.

2. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    What would be the fun of buying the drones without having a commander to connect them to? Many parents would buy the set for their kids and on christmas morning find out their kids can't enjoy their new toy because Hasbro sold an incomplete product. Instead of having to have a marketing campaign explaining you have to buy "this" in order to have fun with "this", it's just easier to sell it all together.

3. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would totally NOT buy them. I like the partner aspect of the 2-packs and the G1 Prime-like drone aspect of the 5-packs. No need for army building for me... I'm sure there's a market somewhere though, but not for kids.

What wouldn't surprise me is if a 3rd party company made transforming drones...

4. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind buying extra drone packs, but I can see Hasbro having trouble selling the idea to retailers.

I can see 3rd party drones appearing, however, especially if they work conventional-looking hands into the arm drones.

5. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    It amuses me that this topic pops up so frequently, despite so many complaining about the lack of drone bot modes.
    Of course, having bought two PCCs myself, I also can't help but want drone packs (and minicon packs). :tongue: 

Drones are perfectly good vehicle toys on they're own. (I daresay they are better as vehicles than limbs, anyway)

6. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Drone packs may benefit from better free-wheeling, to provide some crossover with the RPM/Speed Stars market if kids don't have a commander to attach them to.