pour some out for gestalts......

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by roy_flagg00, Apr 28, 2008.

1. roy_flagg00

roy_flagg00 I want more life....

If you haven't heard, Hasbro announced at Botcon that they are not planning combiners any time soon. After the Energon combiners, I thought that Hasbro might finally return these mighty robots to their former glory in classics/universe.
    Please feel free to post your fondest memories and fav combiners here.

My fondest memory is fighting with my cousin for parts of the cassete combiners slamdance and Squawkbox.

I really hate the fact that we might never get to see a new Computron or Abominus.

(plays taps)

2. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

I'll bite.

I had all the limbs to Bruticus and, on my 8th or 9th birthday Onslaught arrived from my cousins. Unabounded joy right there, that weekday morning, at my Nan's house.

The first time I assembled Bruticus he handed out the justice to every other TF he came across, factions be damned, and stomped across my Screwball Scramble set.

Lego men scrambled from their city, Subbuteo players wobbled, fell over, and many perished in the mayhem.

Compared to the modern toys' articulation and marginally better scale, I don't expect a Bruticus to ever emerge again. Gestalts are always going to be clumsy, whacky brick-formers unless Hasbro employ the kind of engineering RedLine and others have put in to their articulated bigbots. Which looks too expensive for mass market.

(Just ignore me, I'm giddy with the idea of a new Hound/Ravage and Cyclonus.)

3. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Rail Racer and Tripredacus may be clumsy and wacky, but they arent scramble city brickformers.

Abominus is my favorite G1 combiner, but I prefer the newer combiners, how few of them there may be.

4. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Only combiner I ever had as a kid was the Go-Bots Monsterous, even thoug he wasn't an actual "Transformer". Enen now that I have quite a few of them, he's still my favorite because of all the childhood memories that he carries with him.

5. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    I had three Stunticons, Drag Strip, Deadend & Breakdown, but that's as close as I got to a full combiner! A friend from school had Motormaster tho, and I suspect we probably just made out that Menasor lost an arm in a fight or summat, and imagination did the rest ;) 

It's a shame there won't be combiners in the Universe line; but then again that makes me look forward to someone over on the Radicons forum, making their own from suitable Universe figures :D  I'll bet that someone with the skills who picks up the new Onslaught will be thinking about it...

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008