Minor/Repaint: PotP Wreckgar shield!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Autobot00, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Autobot00

Autobot00 Well-Known Member

Put down that chainsaw and listen to me
    its time for me to give you a guide.
    a guide to make a shield for PotP wreckgar
    its gonna make his robot mode right.

ok now that that is out of the way...

As i mentioned in the PotP appreciation thread i wanted to make Wreckgar less groovy and more junki-on. Its just too much groove. So for my first upgrade the wheel shield. this is a pretty easy mod that just about anyone can do with the right stuff. So without further ado lets get started.

The end result will be this.
    20181111_173624.jpg
    Here is what you will need
    1.) Potp Wreckgar
    2.) A 1/2" long piece of copper wiring (or anything else similar at your disposal)
    3.) super glue
    4.) hot glue
    5.) soldering iron
    6.) a nail punch and needle nose pliers (optional)
    7.) dremel or a drill

This first step you might be able to skip if u are skilled enough with a soldering iron. Using the nail punch and pliers remove the pins from the back of the legs to remove the black part and the wheel. As you can see from the photo you need to pop the pins up, at least that's how it was on mine. If you are new to pin popping you might want to look up a guide for that. once you have the pin out you will be left with half a wheel and the black piece that was pinned to the leg
    20181111_173555.jpg
    now you need to remove the wheel from the black piece. the wheel is held on by the pin shown in the below pic. to remove the pin you need to use the solderig iron. put the tip of the soldering iron on the center of the pin for about 3-4 minutes and u should be able to pull the wheel off the black piece and remove the pin from the wheel. if u cant get the pin out of the black piece and the wheel at the same time just reheat the pin again and pull it out of the wheel. Note that this is very dangerous as soldering irons get very hot. remove this pin with this method at your own risk.
    upload_2018-11-11_18-3-34.png

now that you have the wheels free you need to make something to attach the wheel to wreckgar. I used a piece of standard copper wiring. i cut a length long enough to fit into the hole the pin was in on the black piece and long enough to go into the wheel. I cut roughly 1/2" long and cut down as needed. Stick the wire into the hole of the black piece and slide the wheel on so u can see how much u have left sticking in the wheel and put hot glue on that end like what is shown below. u only need a little as you can trim what is too long.
    20181110_223742.jpg
    stick the wire in the wheel hole so the glue is on the inside face of the wheel
    20181110_223812.jpg 20181110_223823.jpg 20181110_223832.jpg
    before you glue the wheel halves together you need to do a test fit. if you removed the black section off the legs by removing the pin put them back the way they originally were. you want to place the halves together and stick the exposed wire into one of the holes in the black piece then sandwich the wheel in the black pieces and it will hold in place.
    20181111_173413.jpg

once u get everything fitted up and are happy glue the wheel together.

now we need to drill a hole in wreckgars arm. i used a dremel, you can use a drill. Drill a hole into wreckgars arm. If you are unsure what size just go small and work your way bigger until you get a nice snug fit. If you do the left arm (for cartoon accuracy or if u are right handed (ps im left handed and wanted cartoon accuracy)) you will conflict with the kick stand unless you move it further forward than what i have shown. its not noticable with the wheel on though so...
    20181111_173644.jpg

And here you go. pop that shield on and u got urself a mighty fine looking junkion!
    20181111_173544.jpg

legs look cleaner without the wheels hanging off the side. 20181111_173550.jpg
    battle ready!
    20181111_173633.jpg
    if u dont want a shield or dont have a soldering iron u can do this too. still makes him look difference than groove.
    20181108_073142.jpg

and there you have it. i hope u find this guide helpful or just like this quick mod in general. give it a go and lets see some junkions!

DARE TO BE STUPID!!

• Like Like x 22
  2. warhawk

warhawk Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Love it! My guys tires don't line up in bike mode, so he doesn't roll for shit. This would be a welcome improvement.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Cool! I love this, I'd never do it due to the complication of it but I would love it if had been designed that way! Too bad you can't take the front windshield/wheel assembly off too and make it into some kind of chainsaw weapon.

4. Autobot00

Yeah the split tires are a pain

U can do it! I do want to do something with the front tire which i plan to do next

5. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Very cool!

6. BLITZTURBO86

BLITZTURBO86 Well that's just prime

YouTube (Legacy):
    Extremely awesome

7. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    This is a great addition to the figure. Awesome work.

8. Autobot00

ty, ty and ty.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    This thread inspired me to do similar, but with my own twist. I'm going to do the mod so the whole wheel ends up on his leg. I've already figured out you can take the c-clip from the ax, attach it to the kickstand, and pop the ball through the spokes of the front wheel to attach it to his arm. So he'll be more cartoon accurate than the generations version. Wheels on the sides of his arm and leg.

10. Autobot00

My other junkions are going to have a wheel on a leg for variation like the last pic in my original post. would like to see what you got when you do yours.