POTP Voyager Hun-Gurr and Elita-1 at US Retail

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by dorfsquest, Feb 10, 2018.

1. POSSESSED_DIGIT

POSSESSED_DIGIT WE ARE NUBBY THUMB!!

News Credits:
    451AD4E3-2F54-4786-BE48-E92482561080.jpeg
    The arm gauntlets can be removed-they’re on a double hinge. 1 side is screwed in, & the other is just a friction peg. Here’s a pic of her without them. She still has big forearms due to the combiner ports, but a lot less beefy. I kinda like the look with the white breaking up the red...

• Like Like x 3
  2. POSSESSED_DIGIT

POSSESSED_DIGIT WE ARE NUBBY THUMB!!

News Credits:
    Just think of them as knee-high fashion boots...

3. Kurome

Kurome Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It looks like these are the colors hasbro is using, well I'm just glad I will have something to recreate these pictures, not having toon colors doesn't look so bad now. Stil would've preferred to have a toon accurate takara option though.

At least I'm thankful Hasbro sticks to original material instead of going haywire and coming up with new stuff/colors/bots/cons.

anyone think it's possible we can have a look at complete abominus at the toyfair?

• Like Like x 2
  4. TyrantLizardKing

TyrantLizardKing Lord of all Terrible Lizards

I’ll be very surprised if we don’t see Abominus at ToyFair.

5. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

We might get Ricochet from him. Who is all black with decals on the sides. A Jazz repaint from back in the day with a targetmaster "japan only". Which would be much nicer in this mold since this is not really Jazz. But would do fine for obscure characters.

6. TyrantLizardKing

TyrantLizardKing Lord of all Terrible Lizards

I wanna say there's a possibility of Artfire from Inferno as well, maybe even BWII Seacons in a boxset if we're lucky.

7. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Just got the set about an hour ago, I've been messing with both and very little bothers me about Elita in hand. She poses very well and just gives off a lot of personality, and even the big boots work because I envision she needs them to kick some big asses around Cybertron.

Hun-Gurrr is also a lot of fun, but he's going to need his pals to complete the package. Love the toy colors, too.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Dang. So online on eBay going a lot. Anyone else got it cheaper?

9. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Stores.

In like a week or two.

• Like Like x 4
  10. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    It'd have to be from Takara...but even then it's more likely they'd turn him into Grapple before they'd go with Artfire.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    They never got wave 5 of Titans Return.

I think there's been other waves as well that never showed up. It's not a no, but it's not a guarantee either.

Patience.

Slightly off topic, I'll never understand the urge to instantly get something that comes out. Especially of the more recent series; there's running changes that make better figures later in the run. My much later run CW Motormaster had the fixed hip ratchets, we're seeing it with POTP Starscream having a better wing affixment to name just two out of the many in recent years.

• Like Like x 1
  12. shellformer

shellformer @

No.

Characterising women without getting flack for it is a simple matter of "don't write a man-child's jerk-off fantasy". Anyone who thinks that it's difficult to write women because of an increasing outcry against sexual harrassment either has a very limited understanding of women (and that's putting it charitably) or is mad that people don't just want eyecandy for men.

• Like Like x 14
  13. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my eyes ... MY EYES!!!

Be ready for a surprise ...

• Like Like x 1
  14. WereDragon EX

WereDragon EX Well-Known Member

Here's an idea when coming up with a character. Decide on the gender last and by chance (such as a coin flip). Chances are good that if it turns out to be a woman, the character would still be believable as one as equally as if the character turned out to be a man instead. Pretty such that for every type, character, personality of man out there, there's a woman to match.

• Like Like x 1
  15. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

Neither actually.
    The fact is that women come with all kinds of personality types. Brainy, conservative, outgoing, shy, and yes, even slutty. To deny any of these traits for the fear of public outcry is to deny that such traits exist in women, and THAT’S where my point comes from. I’m not saying that every female character has to be masturbatory fodder for lonely fanboys, but to flat out deny even the exploration of such characters for the sake of some bandwagon jumping outcry is both cowardly and hypocritical.
    You can write a female president in your comics, doesn’t mean she can’t have a scantly clad slutty sister either. Nor would it be completely unrealistic. But creators are no longer allowed to explore these tropes, much less explore how those dynamics can interact within a story narrative. Because trust me, the solution here is not to write them completely devoid of sexuality and femininity for the sake of not enticing those impressionable fanboys!!

Also, to somehow equate comic books to sexual harassment is just ludicrous.
    That’s the kind of logic that equates violence to video games, cartoons or even rock music. These forms of entertainment should have no bearing upon a person’s actions, and if they do then they have bigger problems than a mere comic book.

• Like Like x 5
  16. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, they aren't Hasbro Toy Shop is not a part of Hasbro and hardly ever has every figure.

They don't get entire waves just like stores don't.

The thing about women is rediculous I don't know why the vocal group of women feel the need to act like every woman is a cool action hero tomboy waiting to enforce justice and if they aren't they aren't "real" women.

The majority of women don't act like the characters women write when they write them or as they portray them they want to have a family and be moms if not society would have came to and end by now.

The funny thing is the women that want to "empower" women want women to act like men and make fun of women that want to marry and raise kids.

I'm not sure what's more empowering than making humans and teaching them to benefit society.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  17. WereDragon EX

WereDragon EX Well-Known Member

Pretty sure there's some affiliation due to the name.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Where is this coming from? I've seen people bring this up frequently, but whenever someone asks for a source the response is always some variety of "this is common knowledge".

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream Hi.

News Credits:
    Notice how a small difference can have a huge impact in a figure (her thrusters being smaller than SS) -elita-1-images-compare-starscream (40)__scaled_800.jpg
    (Again, pic not mine)

• Like Like x 1
  20. TheGrognard

TheGrognard Well-Known Member

I like the figure but yeah. Glad the PE kit is giving him longer legs.

• Like Like x 1