POTP Voyager Hun-Gurr and Elita-1 at US Retail

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by dorfsquest, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Rusting...

News Credits:
    One is his unit insignia the other is his combat unit insignia.

• Like Like x 2
  2. mrcreativename

mrcreativename Well-Known Member

Surely you're trolling...Slingshot and Alpha Bravo are both predominantly white with highlights in orange, good, and blue. Seriously...alpha bravo and slingshot - Google Search:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Defender of Ed-Land

That shows that Slingshot has less orange on him and no (or less) grey too. Slingshot has white, black and red with blue and orange highlights. Alpha Bravo has no red and is more of a white, orange and grey with blue and black highlights. Very similar color schemes but arranged differently with more emphasis on different colors. I own both toys and, yeah, I was quite taken by how different they looked color wise even when using the same or similar colors.

• Like Like x 2
  4. mrcreativename

I’m really blown away that you guys are arguing that Alpha Bravo wasn’t intended to be in Slingshot colors. I mean the reds and oranges might not be identical, but clearly the color scheme is there. Wow...just wow.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Edwardmus Prime

I'm blown away that you got this far when you apparently lack reading comprehension. I said same colors, different layout. Understandable that someone can see it as different from Slingshot. And again, Slingshot's colors include red when Alpha Bravo doesn't. I'll have to check again but I don't think Slingshot has grey. Seems like an attempt to differentiate the two.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    Really hoping someone on Shapeways creates a head for combined Elita that isn’t just...bigger Elita.

• Like Like x 5
  7. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well.... Maybe.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  8. mrcreativename

I feel like we, as a fandom, are at the point where if someone says that the sky is blue, 3 people will start arguing that it is "off blue." When the original poster is surprised, those 3 people will say "we agreed it was blue, just not as pure blue as you are making it out to be." Some days, these sorts of niggling arguments suck the joy out of discussing little plastic robot men.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Edwardmus Prime

Thing about it is, the sky is blue. No debating that. And to be frank, a simile will go over my head. Unlike differing color layouts. I'd say that Alpha Bravo is technically Slingshot colors, but Hasbro went out of its way to try to create a line between the two. And, objectively, there are colors that this iteration of the characters don't share.

And on the subject of semantics, I don't really have any fun here anymore and honestly only do it to occupy a pointless existence (because balls if I am ever going to find a cover and non-lazy editor for my books.) I am sure that there are better things to do than fun with robots in the long run.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jaymo

Jaymo Well-Known Member

As far as QC, I give Hun Gurrr the slight edge over Elita. Not starting the HG/SB argument again- but the similarities to that strong mold and lessons learned gave us a sturdy basic figure. Ratchets, joints are good and not much tabbing. Nothing is fragile. Elita's not bad either but more panel alignment required and one side on front wing on mine I have to fiddle with but it does all tab as intended.

QC and stickers shouldn't be placed in the same sentence with this line. I'll leave it at that.

I'm happy with both. Moreso than with w1. Good joints, ratchets, and paint. Favoring Elita as the more exciting and visually cohesive figure now, but think he'll grow on me too as the other Terrorcons arrive.

• Like Like x 3
  11. mrcreativename

I don't have or want POTP Starscream, but for someone who does, does the armor on Elita's arms come off? I love Elita, but wouldn't mind arms that were less Popeye like.

12. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    She's either going to be a torso or an arm because I'm pretty sure she's going to show up. Though if Flywheels pops up I wouldn't be shocked if they went that route and redid the jet bot as her.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    That Elita-1 I've been watching, the final bid was $75 USD. To me, in CAD it's $95. Plus I'm not including any shipping costs.

• Like Like x 2
  14. halfaway

halfaway Did you think you were cool?

The awful application of stickers gives every buyer their own unique toy , no 2 are alike!

• Like Like x 3
  15. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    That's one of my nitpicks about PotP.

Abominus and Volcanicus have unique heads, but so far the other torsos have just been "The torso bot, but bigger."

Inferno I guess escapes this by being a Hot Spot repaint.

I like the combiners with unique personas, though I guess the argument is PotP is about powering up the individual. So these torsos are that rather than a new being?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

AB's color layout is more Fly Up as well. Does this mean Fly Up was meant to be Slingshot too? Don't be stupid, random forum poster. Of course not.
    I'm planning on using some Fix It sculpt to make Inferno's combiner head have a visor and maybe fill in the top a bit so it looks like a rounded helmet. Kind of like Judge Dredd.

As for why they don't have unique heads or names? I just figure Hasbro doesn't care about it since they're just meant as filler.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  17. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd rather have Slipstream as our 3rd use of the voyager jet mold.
    I'll take Windblade as one of the other 2 options you mentioned.

18. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  19. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Singlehandedly keeping Toyhax in business

News Credits:
    Am I cool and relevant if I make a joke about Elita-1 being thicc?

• Like Like x 3
  20. bachamn

bachamn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Any reason to believe I wouldn't be able to pick up the w2 figures from Hasbro Toyshop eventually? Seems all the PoP wave 1 is available there at the moment but seeing speculation about wave 2 availability for some figs in the preorder discussions