POTP Voyager Hun-Gurr and Elita-1 at US Retail

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by dorfsquest, Feb 10, 2018.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I get what you're saying here and I agree that the idea that all female characters must be asexual hard asses in order to be taken seriously and respected is no different from making every female be a damsel in distress. I just don't think IDW has done that bad a job at handling female characters when it comes to personalities and roles. Despite having a large role and power,Windblade doesn't have the war mongering personality IDW Elita 1 has and prefers to win people over,Nautica and Velocity are both oddball femmes,and Airrazor's no different from her original BW character. Those are examples of not every IDW femme being an asexual cold stuck up warrior. Their writing hasn't been perfect true but to say that they're treated horribly feels like an exaggeration.

Besides it's not like IDW decided to pull a Furman and have all of the IDW be forced transgendered psychopaths like IDW Arcee. Believe me if Furman was still in charge he'd do that so let's be thankful that never happened.

• Like Like x 5
  2. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

I feel Transformers never really had issues in G1 with personalities. If you look on the male side, Starscream is a bit of a coward, Huffer being a pessimist, Brawn overconfident, First-aid self-doubting and Cerebros a total pacifist to name some.
    While Arcee is heroic though sometimes a damsel "particular in season4" the other females Elita is a strong leader and saves Optimus and he in turn saves her. The others Mooracer is a bit clumsy while Firestar is a go-getter. There is no reason to assume that the females are treated differently from the males. Though everyone knows at least should know that females and males are not the same and have different ways of reasoning and thinking. Which should be shown in cartoon and comic, without going to far overboard in stereotypes.
    On a side note, you always got a set of main characters and these will be fleshed out. A female character on the side will never get much in depth to what makes her tick. Unlike in Beastwars with Blackarachnia and Prime Arcee, they get a lot more story development. G1 Arcee even though she is there does not get much. Even Ultra Magnus does not get more then what is needed. We never find out what his "old friend" connection with OP is. Basically, it is and always has been an extended toy commercial, stuffing as many as they can in an episode. Sometimes just popping up out of nowhere, Skylynx, Protectobots, Predacons, and the Terrorcons for example. It is far more rare to have a backstory like with the Dinobots or Skyfire.

• Like Like x 6
  3. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

Ugh!!! We don’t talk about “Weapon-X Arcee”. Lol.
    I know it’s an unpopular opinion but I really don’t enjoy Furman’s contributions to TF. I find his work pretentious and even back in G-1 he was too adamant in shoving theology into the mythos with Primus and Unicron, taking TF into a clusterfuck of loopholes and inconsistencies that rivaled Chris Claremont’s run in X-Men! (QUINTS 4 LIFE!!!)

But yeah. It’s not atrocious writing, it’s just convoluted, bland and soulless. It doesn’t grab me. Every time I pick up an IDW TF book I struggle to get through it. I didn’t have that problem when it was with Dreameave or Devils Due. Namely because they’re trying so hard to change the status quo that it puts me and many other fans off.
    I’m sure there’s some who appreciate it like yourself, but it just never really connected with me. Then again, I’m sure I’m no longer their key demographic.

4. Tenion the Offender

Tenion the Offender Banned

b-BuT tHeIr NoT fAt and RACE DIVERSE anD nOnE Of ThEm is SKIDDIDY SKEDDIN LESBIAN BUT IN LATIN so theur all the same and dats PATRIARCHEL popcornband beT G1 wRiteRs were raping whamen all the time. ignored the black ones though causr their RACIST.
    /s
    _________
    Overall I agree with your points. No matter which one of the two existing genders the character is, it should be written properly, so the viewer/reader can enjoy it and even relate to it. That was what the writers of Transformers Prime and Beast Wars did - they made their characters live, lovable and somewhat relatable, regardless of their gender.
    _________
    UPD: Ooops, that was actually a sighting topic. Some posts ago, at least. I actually didn't even notice. :D  We kinda went a liiiiitle bit off-road, didn't we? Let's get back before banhammer-wielding mods get us back personally. c:

• Like Like x 5
  5. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

Thank you for properly illustrating perfectly the way generation butthurt views every and any form of entertainment. Lol!!!

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who shares this frustration.

• Like Like x 3
  6. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame nyuu~

So, I tried my Walmart but they didn't have them. darn, maybe next time.

7. fishpop

fishpop Squishy

Ebay:
    Thanks for the replies.

8. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got Elita and Hungrr at Holland/Spring Meadows Walmart. Left another of each on shelf; they also had Evil Rodimus.

9. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

For those that are finding these....how are things in the QC department? I always dread buying a Hasbro figure, ESPECIALLY Voyagers, because of this. Something is always not-aligned, not tabbed, warped or some bs like that.

Anyway, how's Hungrr?? :) 

• Like Like x 1
  10. TyrantLizardKing

TyrantLizardKing Lord of all Terrible Lizards

I asked this earlier but the question got lost amidst all the discussion: any chance we can see photos of both Voyagers combined with some limbs? I really want to get an idea of how Abominus will look (I don’t have Silverbolt but a side-by-side comparison would be nice).

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

I like the name "Take Off" personally. That's what I've been calling him since I opened his package.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Anyone that says IDW has done a shitty job writing female TFs haven't read a single thing, IMO. How they've been writing Arcee has been surprisingly deep and interesting. Nautica is AMAZING, it's no wonder she is a fan favorite along with Windblade's character growing from when she was first introduced to the current story arc.

• Like Like x 3
  13. POSSESSED_DIGIT

POSSESSED_DIGIT WE ARE NUBBY THUMB!!

News Credits:
    58D04926-087B-4E0A-B6E8-7FCBB3916544.jpeg Found Elita-1 Hun Gurrr and Rodimus Unicronus at the Lebanon PA Walmart.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for it. Just wanted to let people know if it was relevant...

• Like Like x 6
  14. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Speaking of Windblade am I the only one that thinks the Elita 1 mold will be used for a possible POTP Windblade later down the line? I mean both POTP Elita 1 and Windblade share similar design cues especially with how the cockpit is placed on her back so I wouldn't be surprised if Windblade is also planned from Elita 1.

15. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

I like it but those stickers

16. TyrantLizardKing

TyrantLizardKing Lord of all Terrible Lizards

A Voyager Windblade sounds utterly ridiculous to me but this is Hasbro we’re talking about so who knows.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Defender of Ed-Land

Ooh, I found a new member for my ignore list. Quaint. You know people aren't worth talking to when they lump entire groups together. When people write a work that includes something I don't like, it's clearly out of obligation instead of the artist's desires for a story. It's also paramount to ignore the author's characterization in favor of ranting and raving. Naturally.

I can see Windblade coming. It's plain odd otherwise why they would make a female jet. Makes me wonder if I should hold off on Elita for my spare torso needs?

Cool find. You end up getting any of them? With how common these finds are getting, I hope to see Unicronus and Battletrap soon enough. Odd that Moonracer and the other Deluxes haven't shown up yet.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    To be fair we already have Windblade as a Headmaster in TR so her being a Combiner torso wouldn't be out of the question in POTP. Not to mention that Windblade's still a popular character for Hasbro to use so if Hasbro does decided to reuse the Elita 1 mold then Windblade is the logical choice to go with.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Singlehandedly keeping Toyhax in business

News Credits:
    Yeah, when I read about how most of BW's serious moments were turned into cheap gags and Airazor was turned into a dude, I let out a deep sigh.

• Like Like x 1
  20. JoshFinn

JoshFinn Getting real sick of your shit starscream

Wave 2 legends and voyagers at walmart but yet no wave 1 deluxes or voyagers. Was thinking of getting hun gurr but at $25 dollars idk pretty steep