POTP Voyager Hun-Gurr and Elita-1 at US Retail

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by dorfsquest, Feb 10, 2018.

1. mrcreativename

mrcreativename Well-Known Member

That's cool.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TyrantLizardKing

TyrantLizardKing Lord of all Terrible Lizards

And that's why the Mistress of Flame sucks.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    2 different con labels on his shoulders...is one suppose to imitate the rub symbol?
    IMG1232005384.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Yup, since that's where it was on the original toy.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    O ok i never owned the g1 version

6. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Wait, what??? I don't remember that at all from Prime and I just watched those episodes with her a few days ago.

7. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

This is my biggest gripe and the source of the never ending fight in fandom when it comes to fembots. The constant battle over genders within a robotic alien life form and the handeling of them. Whereas IDW in an effort to not offend anyone and be “woke” and make their fembots “bad ass” they basically write them as they would any other male character (Weapon-X Arcee anyone?) Devoid of any femininity or sexuality like that’s a mortal sin, while Takara basically takes the opposite end of the spectrum and amp up the sex appeal, femininity and cheesecake. Both sides rasing the ire of fandom for their apparent incompetence in writing female characters.

Honestly it baffles me personally, considering Arcee pretty much did it right despite all the backlash she gets now a days for being a “token”. But for an 80’s era pink colored caricature of a token female she could mix it up in battle with the boys, could kick ass while still retaining a flirtatious nature and even showcasing maternal instincts when protecting Daniel. And no, that wasn’t some matriarchal push, because Grimlock had the same caretaker role, and aside from Beast Wars very generation of Transformers had the trope of Bots babysitting humans.

Yet outside of Blackarachnia and Slipstream in Animated, every other fembots since has been this asexual husk devoid of anything that could characterize her as a female outside of lipped mouths. In America that is. In Japan they’re sluts. Lol

• Like Like x 5
  8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Which part?

9. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

i'm just tired of people obsessing over fembots

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On another note...its true, hun-gurrr lays on his back to transform in dragon mode...much like that scattershot pic i posted

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Also hes headless in these promo shots lol
    1518546772792-118587896.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  12. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Well she won't be a problem, judging from the Machinima series, Hasbro had no plans to try to make a toy out of her design anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Elita looks tempting to buy in person with her clear boob protector and all...unfortunately ill have to pass
    20180213_123439-1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

Since basically they stripped Silverbolt bare and made it into Hun-Gurrr. I do like what they did there, it is not unlike PM OP from Ultra Magnus. Having a base mode while Magnus didn't. Though you can "reimagine" it. With Hun-Gurrr they went all out and basically re-did every piece. Still, the basics that make Silverbolt are visible.

I would not be so sure about that. Hasbro smells money they'll make it...no matter how crappy the design or obscure the character. Looking at you CW SkyLynx and Chopshop!

• Like Like x 1
  15. SuperSlacker

SuperSlacker Guy who lives in Nemesis Prime's sleeper cab

Did someone just call Alpha Bravo a pretool...? Wasn't he at best a *pre-paint*? He has the same head as Vortex, yes? Because that was my biggest issue with him & why I thought he was lame as hell. Was so glad I held out and Slingshot eventually came out

• Like Like x 2
  16. ca12nag3

Well first came Blades in wave 3 then Vortex in wave 5, Thus since Blades has a different head he is a pre-tool? Or now heads don't count anymore? :D 
    But yes for Vortex straight up Pre-paint.

Fact remains that Hasbro cashes to the max on these molds. And since we pay for it... We kinda stimulated Hasbro to do this more often. Before this, it really didn't happen that absurdly. I cannot recall anything but the obvious for repaints. Or well you take the TF club figures?

The Thrilling 30 line has almost no repaints. They all come after this with special releases like the female transformers that got multiple repaints.
    What you see in the main line as done now is new. Having multiple repaints in 6 waves of transformers.

17. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    Rippersnapper has a similar sticker replicating his rubsign as well.

• Like Like x 2
  18. SuperSlacker

SuperSlacker Guy who lives in Nemesis Prime's sleeper cab

Considering medical choppers don't have missle pods, and that mold was clearly meant for Vortex, yeah... AB is merely a lowly oldschool style generic vanilla repaint. Hasbro did the ol' switcheroo and released the intended use last to get the most bang for the buck, so I even hesitate to call AB a prepaint, but I'll give you that (begrudgingly) :J

Basically what I'm saying is, Alpha Bravo is trash lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame Kpop and Sprite

The Japanese dub. Though it's been pretty much the deal since beast wars the every Japanese dub of an American made TF series be a gag dub for some reason.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ca12nag3

What it also shows is that most of the intended transformers are already designed and ready for production way ahead of time. And then they decide the line-up for release. They gave us Superion "mostly" to lure us in. Then Meanasor who has serious defects, to then give us Defensor who is pretty much the 2nd best. And the very final one is Skylynx who is by far the worst falling apart when moving any limb on the torso. "I am shocked that they dared to put that thing in the Liokaiser boxset"
    And I will be utterly surprised if Takara does not give us a far better Liokaiser since it is actually their series character and far less Hasbro.
    You should see Peaugh's review of Liokaiser and be shocked at how bad it is.