PotP Optimal Optimus Stock Photos

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    except, he DID NOT said anything related to be g1

2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    It’s implied in the context of his post. The vote was for g1 characters and primal. He’s complaining about star saber, deathsaurus or hound not winning (all g1 characters), so my point still stands

• Like Like x 1
  3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    No offense but I don't think you understand why for most people this is a big deal at all for both BW and female fans.

#1 Female fans along with male fans of the female TF characters in the past were lucky to at least see one female TF character of ANY kind get any type of role if not a major one in any series along with one toy representation and even then that was pretty rare and the fan polls with Windblade and Victorion were a big part of changing that in the brand because it was now possible to tell Hasbro that people DO want more TF characters get more toys and major roles when before it wasn't that possible at least in the levels we have today.

#2 Despite what you think about Primal and what design aspects he has,Beast Wars in recent years has NEVER gotten much love and attention from Hasbro in recent years with having it's 20th anniversary not being celebrated at all for example and having it's head desiger Warden not be a fan at all doesn't help. So having Primal win the poll means a lot for many BW fans because it means that we're finally letting Hasbro know once and for all that people still care about BW and Non G1 series in general when before the chances of a BW revival of any sort would be zero.

So yeah basically the polls are a big way to letting Hasbro know that people want more from the brand then just the classic G1 stuff more then before so can you really blame people for making a big fuss about it? Besides Warden pretty much said that the chances of us getting Star Saber and Deathsaururs in the future are not far behind in one of the past toy fairs so there's no need to worry about them not getting figures.

• Like Like x 7
  4. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What is the basis for this?
    Where are people getting this idea??

At this point I feel like somebody just pulled it out of their ass and everyone else ran with it.

5. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Skipped perfect effect’s for this , pretty Glad it’s decent and the updated head sculpt looks better than most of their previous attempts, pe’s face didn’t sit right with me . Only nitpick would be the damn red eyes over his og green , but I see what they are going with .

• Like Like x 1
  6. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    "Generations'" the toyline, despite a few random oddities here and there, has ALWAYS been about taking the original G1 toyline and giving it modern articulation and engineering. That's the original tagline that went with Generations when it started in '07 and has been par for the course since. And once they do run out of G1 guys to update, i suspect the line will either get rebranded ("Beast Generations" anyone?) or be killed off completely.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SlagNotSlug

SlagNotSlug Well-Known Member

A mistransformed toy for the stock photography, what is this world coming to?

Neko, just to make sure that we're on the same page, I did notice the flip thumb before the previous comment. Just thought that the mistransformation was funny. Everyone else, I'm also aware that this is most definitely not the first stock photo goof ever so don't feel obliged to point these other examples out.

8. Fenrys

News Credits:
    generations has included
    literal g1 updates
    beast wars updates
    beast machines update
    rid update
    idw figures (yes these are seperate because they dont look much like the 80s characters)
    wfc/foc figures (see idw)
    armada update
    im sure theres been others

it hasnt been just g1

• Like Like x 4
  9. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Folks keep saying that. But there's been no evidence of alternate polling options receiving any future consideration within their context. Right now, there is no Titan Scorponok or Omega Supreme. There is no PotP Ultra Magnus, Hound, Star Saber, Arcee or Deathsarus. These may eventually happen...but there's no guarantee. So no, I'm not sure of anything. Nor will future offerings be guaranteed to use the gimmick they're supposed to...or alternatively, will have an extra useless gimmick shoe-horned into them.

The fact of the matter is Scorponok should have been in the freakin "Headmaster" line and Star Saber (or even Ultra Magnus) should have been in the "smaller bot combines to form larger bot" line. Plain and simple. But it's clear to me that most fans don't vote for the logical choices. *sigh*

10. Super4Ever

Super4Ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I honestly believe that this is the very reason we are now going back in time to the start of the war. A Beast Era character won a fan vote and they weren’t really interested in devoting more resources to beast characters. And now one is the current Prime. So they decided hey, let’s just go back in time and ignore that little tidbit. It feels as though it makes sense when you add in the fact that PotP is one of the shortest recent Generations lines. It’s as if they just wanted to move on from the whole situation.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fenrys

News Credits:
    That’s my opinion on it. Another line of thought is that the trilogy was supposed to be 15 waves total, 5 in each plus loads of exclusives
    Cw got 6 waves
    Tr got 5
    Potp gets 4

So basically cw stole the last wave from potp

• Like Like x 2
  12. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I think that's more likely. Although I'd also propose PotP is getting cut short because of the total brand reset scheduled for next year. All lines are being canceled as Hasbro shifts to Cyberverse, RB Academy and the War For Cybertron Generations trilogy set for Spring. The entire TF retail section is getting an up and down makeover.

13. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    First of all, female fans are great and matter just as much as male fans. Some male fans love female bots, some female fans love male bots, who cares. Could we see more females? Yes, I'm not saying we couldn't. But I don't agree that a female must win every fan poll to get that point across, or that that is always going to automatically be the best choice. Same for Beast Wars.

And I already addressed your issues in my post. Optimus Primal just got an MP for pete's sake. Hasbro didn't release it, but you can talk to Hasbro about that. Nonetheless, he's readily available to any Beast Wars fan who can afford him. Beast Wars got basically a half decade of love, and many nods since. It isn't at all neglected or forgotten, and it's my favorite show and 3rd favorite toy series of all time.

But I'm a TRANSFORMER fan, and as a fan I recognize Beast Wars is another part of an overall story. Just like Victory. Victory, which has had much less product than Beast Wars.

And, as was already stated, the votes are clearly not representative of the fandom as a whole. If you interact with the fans, you know this inherently. We are all aware how these things go down - the people obsessed with an agenda vote 10000 times, while the rest of us vote once. And then you see the results and wonder why most fans are underwhelmed. Stop trying to speak for everyone, stop seeing every poll as an opportunity to press your views on the rest of the fandom, and let whatever happens happen naturally.

That's why I said Hasbro should do it's best to keep multi-voting to a minimum. They can't totally prevent it, but you shouldn't be allowed one per day. That's never going to give you the pulse of the fandom. See this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fenrys

News Credits:
    I’d wager the people multi voting are actually a subset. The more logical reasoning for why primal won is that there were 11 g1 bots and 1 bw bot. G1 votes were split two way among 11 characters, USA and Japanese g1. In the USA category votes were split among 9 characters and in the Japanese category between 2 characters. Beast wars fans had 1 character to vote for, so their vote was focused and not fractured. Also this was a hasbro poll, what takara has released didn’t matter, the last time hasbro released any beast wars characters at mass retail was 2013. For the bw 20th anniversary we got a prime colored repaint of a robots in disguise figure that represented the beast machines incarnation of a beast wars figure in the platinum edition line. Prior to 2013 we got 2 figures in 2010 or 2011. Beast wars fans wanted a new figure from hasbro so they voted as 1, because there was only one to vote for. Even without multi voting that outcome was the most probable when you think about it

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    Agreed. And ultimately, these fans votes are data for Hasbro in determining future concepts. Maybe a figure they thought would do well ends up at the bottom, so they hold off. Maybe something surprising is closer to the top, which bumps it higher in the possibilities list. Plus, they're looking at how things fit into a line. As I said earlier, Star Saber can still work well with this gimmick AND be in the next WFC toy line, while Optimal doesn't fit as well there...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Even if it was, what does it changes?. Star Saber or zaras should've won. After all, aren't most of the people hating this toy after all?.

• Like Like x 1
  17. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    No offense but that logic only works if those voting had seen a sample of the toy. People are only disliking the toy AFTER the poll...and may have opted for Star Saber if there were ALSO a sample shown of what we would have gotten there as well. As it is, it was a combination of popularity of name, misunderstandings and arguably probability.

The toy, though, is definitely a work of engineering with both Primal AND Star Saber in mind...maybe Deathsarus.

18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The point I was making is that just because a character that was presented in the vote or a character sharing the same theme as a line didn't make it doesn't mean they're off the table for a future update nor will they have the original gimmick to them at all. Like I said Predaking and Abominus are examples of this and they both retained the combining gimmick long after CW ended so that doesn't mean guys like Scporpnok and the horrorcons aren't going to have their HM gimmick or an Ultra Magnus with the same evolution gimmick.

What I'm saying is that the votes regardless of how they're done are a big part of why we got the things we did in the first place and to ignore what they're brought is foolish. Also I get wanting more victory nods I do too but Beast Wars was the series that pretty much saved the brand from becoming dead in the first place and to not acknowledge that would be the same as not acknowledging that Victory needs updates just badly. Same goes for lines like Armada

19. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You're kind of right, but trust me, they would even hate it regardless of how this primal was going to be, organic, bio-organic, mechanic, individual, etc.

20. Fenrys

News Credits:
    And what does “should have won” change? Absolutely nothing. They didn’t win. Even if one of them had won people would be crapping all over their toys for hollow limbs, starsaber would have not had his brainmaster, deathsaurus would have had the evolution gimmick forced onto him (one of the biggest complaints about primal).