PotP Optimal Optimus Stock Photos

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Apr 24, 2018.

1. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Surf's up! Munkee on the waves! Cowabunga!

I definitely like the Optimal Optimus mode.

2. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    this looks bad hasbro shouldve made starsaber or the other guy into leaders and instead use the season 1 design of primal into a voyager

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    star saber probably would have gotten made if warden and company didnt cut power of the primes in half. seriously, the prime wars trilogy finally got us past 84/85 rehashes (even though plenty of 84 was rehashed again) but with wfc coming up it seems like hasbro is gonna double down on early g1 nostalgia and go back to the beginning, again. so its unlikely we will continue to get as much late era g1 stuff, unless they use wfc being cybertronian based as a reason to include them

4. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He looks awful. I do kinda wish Hasbro announced the gimmick for this line prior to the poll as Star Saber would fit this line perfectly! But alas we get a surfing Gorilla......

• Like Like x 4
  5. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

True enough

6. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im hoping for star saber with the evolution gimmick (basically the mp) and deathsaurus as leader class figures for the war for cybertron line

• Like Like x 3
  7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    This guy gets it...

But seriously, now that we know the next few years will focus on Cybertronian modes, and that gimmicks can come and go (like combining) hopefully the leader class little robot with a big robot gimmick is around for Star Saber still sometime in the next few years.

• Like Like x 4
  8. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    The whole Meh-ness of the figure combined with the fact it's basically a re-engineered Star Saber design (who should have won, but that's a whole other thread) means I'll be voting with my wallet this time around. Unless it hits "Bob's Deep Discount Store", I'll be giving this a HUGE pass. Retailers can choke on Mr. "I don't do Optimus Primal well and I don't do Optimal Optimus well, either".

For my CHUG display, I've got the Titanium Optimal Optimus, who does the character no better or worse, really. And I've got the 10th Anniversary Cybertron Optimus Primal, who ALSO does the character no better or worse, really. AND the Robotmasters Beast Convoy (the BEST post-BW figure of Primal, actually) AND the original BW Optimal Optimus. I think I'm set...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    you know, that's a good point... He's essentially the same Transformation at Star Saber... Maybe they designed them at the same time, like TR Astrotrain and Alpha Trion? similar, but different...

10. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm pretty certain all of the top picks had shared engineering ready to go for whoever won. Ultra Magnus could easily have shared engineering with Optimus Prime. Deathsarus could also share the Primal/Star Saber design if you were to modify the ape mode to a dragon. Arcee probably would have shared with Rodimus... etc.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Hopefully. Warden has mentioned Star Saber by name a few times. So hopefully he can still get his figure.

12. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Yes.

Not only that, but the original still holds up today -- Its engineering is still really good. This new figure is just terrible. It went from a potential to a definite pass.

• Like Like x 2
  13. SlagNotSlug

SlagNotSlug Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice that the surfing gorrila seems to have two left hands?

• Like Like x 2
  14. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Now that you mention it, the cab of that POTP Prime would absolutely work as Magnus' trailer. That bums me out. You mean we could've gotten a deluxe scale Minimus that combined to form Ultra Magnus? Bummer.

15. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Beast Wars and female TF fans should stop feeling the need to validate themselves in every poll. It's pathetic at this point and it makes no difference to Hasbro anyway, who just uses these as a way to hype an otherwise completely regular figure. It led to quite a waste of a slot here, not that he isn't decent, but he's definitely not amazing in that Primal himself really doesn't turn into anything and the larger body is just the Transmetal with more articulation and less paint detail and chrome and weapons. How exciting.

Primal is just another Optimus design at the end of the day, and we've had several Primal figures alone (all during the years of great articulation). He was never worthy of this slot. Meanwhile, we've only ever had one Deathsaurus. And 3 Star Sabers, who as many have mentioned perfectly fits this line. Even Hound or someone like that would have been a lot more interesting to see Prime-ified than Optimus PRIME-al.

The fandom really hasn't been allowed to answer one of these polls faithfully because a few people who think they know better than the rest of us over-vote, which shouldn't be allowed. Hopefully Hasbro addresses this going forward.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    Much as I hate to say anything positive about Primal, or that will get anyone to buy this toy, look closer t the hand: he uses the same flip-thumb famously used in CW's HFG's. So either hand can be left or right. The front of gorilla mode becomes the back of Optimal mode, so this was necessary.

So *Gasp!* someone mistransformed the thumb for the photo!

• Like Like x 2
  17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    To the people who wish Star Saber would've won instead just because he didn't win the vote in POTP doesn't exactly mean that the chances of him getting a new figure at all let alone using the leader evolution gimmick if off the table for good. If there's anything lines like POTP has taught us it's that they're not afraid to revisit certain gimmicks as well as do characters no one would expect to be made in Generations at all in recent years. Like how we didn't get Abominus and Predaking in CW but we're getting them in POTP or how we got Liokaiser in CW. So I'm sure we'll see Star Saber in a future line eventually especially with the leader evolution gimmick.

Besides one way or another we NEED more non G1 characters and lines to be done and POTP Optimal Optimus could be that one figure that can make it all happen because despite what people are saying about G1 selling best there's going to be a point where G1 isn't going to sell good anymore so they need to start focusing on doing non G1 updates in general along with of course Beast Wars to keep the brand from becoming stagnant and dead because it refused to move past G1.

• Like Like x 2
  18. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I agree with most of that. As far as "poll cheating", who is to say Star Saber didn't get a similar bump through cheating as well? I allow the law of averages play out there. However, I DO think Optimus Primal won out because some fans thought they were voting for Optimus PRIME, due to the name (and despite the picture associated with the character) PLUS the fans who are more knowledgeable about the character versus Star Saber (who's that Gundam guy? effect). Sucks all the same as folks were thinking character first and toy second.

19. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    and g1 fans need to stop being entitled and thinking everything that comes out thats not g1 is a conspiracy. boo hoo, star saber didnt win, too bad. the incessant complaining about it is annoying at this point. guess what, if star saber had won youd have found something else to complain about, hed be too hollow, he wouldnt have his brain master, etc etc. seriously its like has/tak cant do anything right for yall

• Like Like x 4
  20. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    lol "female tf fans need to stop feeling the need to validate themselves" god forbid people want women to be represented equally in the franchise, right? ;) 

• Like Like x 7