Minor/Repaint: POTP Hydra/Buster Powermasters

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Autobot00, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Autobot00

Autobot00 Well-Known Member

Ever since i saw Buster and Hydra (or darkwing dreadwing whatever) i knew i wanted to make powermasters for them. The fact that they come with a hand that can fit a titan master solidified the deal.

Here are Hydra and Buster powermasters. buster is made from a ramhorn head, an apeface body, highbrow thighs and skullcruncher arms and legs. Hydra i used a squeezeplay and skullcruncher legs.
    20180312_193511.jpg
    I took the thumbs off the hand cuz i really have no plans on using it as a combiner unless something amazing comes along i want to pair him with.
    20180312_193619.jpg
    i went with grey because it matches the toy engine. I thought about going with chrome since the actual buster toy was chrome (metal) and i will most likely change him to have the red from buster to make it cartoon accurate like others have done. Might paint the hand too.
    20180312_193626.jpg
    hey becky look at that butt..... flap lol.
    20180312_193815.jpg
    whos that?
    20180312_193845.jpg
    I haven't been lucky enough to find hydra so for now he's just hanging round. I also matched his color to the toy
    20180312_193940.jpg

Now I'm sure someone, or everyone, is going to be like "thats a friggin head not an engine" and u sir/ma'am would be correct. I attempted to make an engine for these guys but its just too small. I saw there are some on shapeways but it aint worth $5+ for a small piece of plastic. So yeah i used a skullcruncher head cuz i really think it looks like a decent engine. If i ever get a 3d printer or see a cheap option i'll probably switch it out to something better but for now its gonna be that.

Anywho i hope u enjoy...and get inspired!

• Like Like x 16
  2. Mindset

Mindset Incompetence at its peak

Great work here! Skullsmasher's.... interesting face totally works as some greebly engine thingy!

3. KraegorStark

KraegorStark Well-Known Member

Killer detail on those titan masters. Great job man!

4. Autobot00

lol thanks

5. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

You could try re-purposing that teal filler piece, couldn't you? It doesn't have much in the way of engine detail but it'd definitely be less of a face.

• Like Like x 1
  6. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    One thing you could do is to find an engine piece (from a cheap shop), cut, colour and sand it to fit, and then glue it to the Titanmaster. If the engine block is hollow, simply use epoxy putty to fill in the negative space and then once dry, screw the front of the Titanmaster back into the dry putty.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Autobot00

Honestly i'm not all that pressed that it looks like a face. I mean i would prefer an actual engine, especially one that's more accurate to the earlier toy but it all depends what i run across. Highly thinking of getting a 3d printer and that would solve my problem. But as it is it gives others an easy way to be able to duplicate what i've done without the need for special parts. There are other faces that have an engine look to them that could also pass.

8. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Sweet micro paintwork!

9. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Neoseed

News Credits:
    Beautiful work on those tiny headmasters. Was hoping someone would do this.

10. Autobot00

TY TY.

• Like Like x 1