Minor/Repaint: POTP Dinobot “Shatter” WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by BrawlforaAll, Aug 12, 2018.

1. BrawlforaAll

BrawlforaAll Member

Ebay:
    DA9D38CA-AAAB-4F92-9253-EC2411BB9965.jpeg 19A914E8-43AF-4F0E-8FAA-A830836AF5BF.jpeg Hey everybody! I stumbled across a digibash image on Instagram that was done by someone that has been somewhat of a mentor to me since I started trying to do customs. Basically, it’s a re-paint of the POTP Rippersnapper, to make him another Dinobot named “Shatter”. I have a good bit of cleanup to do, and I haven’t decided on a head yet, but this is what I have so far. Honest criticism and suggestions are welcome, which is why I’m posting it while I’m still working on it. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 14
  2. 2Sixshot

2Sixshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ooooo, i like where this is going, i might just have to do this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. King Glurch

King Glurch The Frenchiest Fry

YouTube:
    That's really cool. Be really cool to see this completed. :popcorn 

• Like Like x 1
  4. WayGroovy

WayGroovy Well-Known Member

Love the idea, and iit' looking good so far.

Are you using and masking while painting?

Whose head are you going to use?

• Like Like x 1
  5. BrawlforaAll

BrawlforaAll Member

Ebay:
    Thank you! I have been masking off big sections, but not smaller ones . The more I look at the pictures, the more I see that’s where it’s needed most, LOL. I need to take better advantage of things like that, because my hand just aren’t that steady. Actually, I used rehab as an excuse to get back into painting, after carpal tunnel stuff earlier this year. I used to do all kinds of Warhammer, but got out of that. Then when this happened with my wrist, limited some of the things I can do, so I thought I would just paint something bigger.

I don’t know about the head yet. Currently I have an extra one from Slag, Dreadwind, Jazz, and Rippersnapper, of course. I was also playing around with some titan masters yesterday, and realized that you could just take the head out of most of them, and slide them right over the ball joint on a non-headmaster figure. I must’ve been late to the party on that. So I have options there, and Shapeways as well, I’m just trying to do with something I already had. What do you think?

• Like Like x 1
  6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Looks promising. :)  Any idea of what his dino alt mode will be?

• Like Like x 1
  7. BrawlforaAll

BrawlforaAll Member

Ebay:
    Thank you. That’s easy, he was going to be The Disproportionatly Clawed Land-Sharklodon... actually, I’m still trying to figure that out too. Out of what I personally currently own, my best idea was to try and modify one of the crocodile heads from TR to replace the shark head, and try to make some kind of weird crocodile. The only other figures in my parts bin that aren’t some kind of vehicle are Mindwipe and Weirdwolf. Well, I do also have a Slag Dino head from one I ruined, if I could adapt that into something. Any ideas?

8. Wheeljackie

Wheeljackie NYEH HEH HEH

I think the Crocodile head from Skullcruncher would be cool. It could work as a Baryonyx or Suchomimus.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I can't find any semi-aquatic dinosaurs that I can see a Rippersnapper being turned into without absurdly extensive modifications.

10. King Glurch

King Glurch The Frenchiest Fry

YouTube:
    If you could find a way to graft Jazz's mouth onto Dreadwind's head, then that would probably look cool. Otherwise, just use the Jazz head without the rectangle parts. And I have to agree with Wheeljackie, using the crocodile head to turn him into a suchomimus would be very cool. Turning him into a sarcosuchus would also be really cool.

11. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Looks good so far. Personally I'd just use Rippersnapper's head.

• Like Like x 1