POTP Confirmed+Rumored Checklist

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Awesomepow, Jul 20, 2017.

?

Do you like POTP so far?

1. Yes

130 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. Kind Of

54 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. Had a snack,now it's gone,bye.

3 vote(s)
    1.4%
  5. C'mon Awesomepow...

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  6. ABSOLUTELY YES GEEWUNN FOREVER!!

19 vote(s)
    8.6%
  7. I DESPISE IT!!

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

This may be that BW push that everyone was hoping on. If one looks at the BW CHUG figs released so far, it seems the MO is to release 2-3 new BW Generations molds, so with Primal being one, at least one more should be expected, maybe two. Be interesting to see how it goes down either way.

• Like Like x 1
  2. combinerlover

combinerlover PREDACON`s , Unite !

I would enjoy the heck out of that , if it is indeed the route Has/Tak takes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    4chan.

4. combinerlover

Oh really ? , interesting ... You never know though what your getting from 4chan... One of the last lists to come from there hit every thing dead on ...It still is ...Landcross is on it so I`m hopeful :)  I know TARANTULAS , SCORPONOK and TERRORSAUR need updates in a major way ... QUICKSTRIKE and INFERNO as well. It`d be sweet to get any of those...Especially Tarantulas and Inferno .

• Like Like x 1
  5. victoryconvoy

victoryconvoy Well-Known Member

IM SO ANGRY

• Like Like x 1
  6. combinerlover

Lol. Aren`t we all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

So if Combaticons are on this list, is the current speculation that Hasbro will just release them in the TT "toon" colors? I thought Blast-off would eventually see a US release, but I'd rather not buy the US Onslaught as I'm not into the toy colors. Provided this list comes to fruition at all...

• Like Like x 1
  8. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

I would probably get Combaticons again. Make their HRGs prime Master armors, put some TM/PM foot pegs on them. Literally do ANYTHING with the decos yet keep the Purple to keep them grounded in Decepticon and I would pick and choose from the seemingly dozen or so Japanese/ non mainstream US rereleases like Ruination Baldigus and so on characters to call the repaints and add them to my collection. Combinicons!

• Like Like x 2
  9. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

I wasn't able to pick up the UW Combaticons, Technobots or Protectobots, so I'm missing a few. The Hasbro Protectobots don't really vary that much on the deco, so I'll probably just pick those up. Now that Abominus is a sure ting, I'd like to go back and get the others without spending a small fortune. Wish in one hand...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Latooni

Latooni "HIDOI YO!!!"

Y'know, with Shuttle!Blast Off potentially getting a release outside of Japan, I wonder if Takara's unique Technobot molding could follow suit? If they could be released at retail, that'd be a good way to avoid another TR Wave 6 disaster.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I don't know if the rumor is eligible still, but did they mention anywhere about a Leader Class Megatron?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Awesomepow

News Credits:
    Nope.

13. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be mildly shocked if we get the UW Technobot molds in the US as the Technobots. I get the idea of it - new mold Groove and Blast Off got released, why not XX - but I think the circumstances are vastly different. Blast Off, and more importantly the Combaticons - had releases in G1, G2, got redecoed and renamed in RID, an Energon/ROTF release (sort of), and a FoC rendition (with three different color releases!). They are popular and really in that second tier of characters (below OP, Megs, SS, etc) that almost any member of fandom would know and recognize.

The Technobots . . . are not that (I love them, but that's something else). Beyond that, Blast Off being released in the US "solves" the problem of the original release having the "wrong" alt-mode. Nosecone and Strafe have their canonical alt-modes in both CW and UW releases, so bringing those molds state side doesn't right a wrong or anything. I don't think the market for a second US release Strafe is that high - some people are content w/their CW release, some skipped CW for UW, some already bought both - which isn't to say *no one* would want this, but just that the potential market is smaller (and more importantly, would be perceived as smaller by Hasbro).

Now, could we see Hasbro release those molds as other (new?) characters with new decos? Maybe? If the fan club idea ever gets off the ground, a collection of CW/PotP-compatible figures would certainly make some sense to get people in.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Awesomepow

News Credits:
    Added new 4chan rumors.

15. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Deluxe Repugnus, along with Blastoff, confirmed thanks to @Nevermore
    This is the most exciting thing I’ve heard since those screenshots got leaked.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Awesomepow

News Credits:
    Darnnnnnnnn

Already have Legion TFerno and TM Pug!I could have got all 3 Deluxe...
    I believed Blast Off was true anyway.
    REPUGNUS!!!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Awesomepow

News Credits:
    SPECULATION
    Prime Master Wave 4:

Amalagous Prime w/Finback
    Nexus Prime w/Catilla

Prime Master Wave 5:

Prima w/Carnivac

Legends Wave 4:

Nautilator
    Frenzy

Legends Wave 5:

Searchlight
    Freeway
    Hubcap

Legends Wave 6:

Cliffjumper
    Huffer

Deluxe Wave 5:

Seawing
    Tentaink
    Skalor

Deluxe Wave 6:

Overbite
    Thundercracker
    Skywarp

Voyager Wave 4:

Snapper

Voyager Wave 5:

Shockwave
    Dinobot

Voyager Wave 6:

Snapdragon

Leader Wave 4:

Thunderwing
    Star Saber

Leader Wave 5:

Megatronus

Leader Wave 6:

Dezaras

Titan Wave 2:

Omega Supreme

TRU Exclusive G2 Volcanicus Boxset:

T-Wrecks
    Guiledart
    Saberback
    Slapper
    Brimstone
    Thunderscorn

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  18. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    So I am guessing alot of you guys don't read the comics. All the clues to who might be made are right there. Onyx Prime is coming to Cybertron to start problems and the other primes have been popping up. We are going to get a bunch of beast mode stuff. That is why we are getting the predacons, dinobots, terrorcons and such. I dont think we are getting all of the combaticons again either.

• Like Like x 1
  19. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    I'd be wary of looking to the comics for clues to how the toyline's going to play out. Sure we get the occasional nod, like Mindwipe or Slugslinger getting the odd line every now and then, or Sentinel Prime showing up, but we're not getting Rodimus in his Lost Light colours (no, Rodimus Unicronus doesn't count), or an even bigger Ultra Magnus, so on and so forth.

Plus, we know we're getting Oynx Prime as a Prime Master due to the collector cards. The question around him is more which of the old Pretenders will wind up being his 'decoy shell'.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    When it comes to PotP I put down Kind Of mainly because of the Dinobots and a few others but I would say about 45% to 50% I am uninterested in like Leader Rodimus Prime,Deluxe Dreadwind,and Legends Windcharger just look too "blockish" meaning there are hardly any angles on them like Rodimuses face is like those from the Star Wars TF's 7 or 8 years back,they just look too plain or generic.

While others like the Dinobots do look somewhat that way too I can overlook that on them cause "I Loves Me Some Dinobots In Any Form".Beachcomber (and I think Seaspay but he may have been from Titans Return,not sure tho) are some of my Fave Characters so I ended up getting those for nostalgia reasons.Slash I am not sure what to think of her,she has great robot mode but her dino mode is absolutely horrendous meaning she looks like a Fat Velociraptor in dino mode any way you turn her,so she is a toss-up for me.Insecticon Bombshell or whatever his name is looks pretty good but with mine he is one floppy mess,some of the worst joint looseness in a while but I managed to fix those problems with some superglue,mine may have been factory QC but watch out guys.

Since those are the only ones I have right now I will end here,but as I get more I will keep you'll posted.Later Guys.

Oh wait guys,sorry but I forgot Starscream,which I also have and sure he is decent looking in jet mode those damn gorilla arms and legs just kill it for me in robot mode,so I keep Screamer in jet mode,oh and his smallish head too is a problem.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1