Heavy/Scratch: PotP Airazor

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by DJsCustoms, Dec 4, 2018.

1. DJsCustoms

DJsCustoms Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It's honestly silly to me how well this worked on every level. I thought this was gonna be some awful disaster and somehow both the changes to the structure, combined mode, and head resculpt turned out pretty well.
    If I had seen how well this would work out, I think I honestly would have taken the time to do it more intricately. Bit too late now, but nonetheless it's given me ideas for other projects in the future.

DSCN0532.JPG
    DSCN0547.JPG

Process was simple;
    - Took a PotP Cutthroat and removed the legs at the hip joints. Sanded the hip joints slightly on top to scrap less often.
    - Replaced the legs from the hips down with Transmetal Rattrap legs. They just barely fit on the hip swivel joints.
    - Attached TM rattrap beast mode back feet to the back of the robot legs.
    - Removed beast mode head horn and covered with contour putty. Did not yet discover the glory of JUST SANDING IT AFTERWORDS, so pardon that.
    - Chopped, sanded, and then added contour putty in one single mass drop to the robot head to try and get as smooth a sphere shape as possible for the visor.
    - Built an entirely new tail section that attaches to the back of the robot waist for both modes. Spins around for robot mode accuracy...Or most importantly;
    - Has a built in 5mm port and is built out of the hind section of TM rattrap, meaning it attaches to the bottom of the heels still. Tail feathers from a BW Combiner Silverbolt. All this means that despite new legs it still can form a functional arm. You could have a makeshift leg, but I couldn't find a way that didn't look awkward.

Robot Mode:
    DSCN0532.JPG DSCN0533.JPG DSCN0536.JPG DSCN0537.JPG DSCN0538.JPG DSCN0539.JPG DSCN0540.JPG

Beast Mode:

DSCN0547.JPG DSCN0548.JPG DSCN0549.JPG DSCN0550.JPG DSCN0551.JPG

Arm Mode:
    DSCN0542.JPG DSCN0545.JPG DSCN0546.JPG

This was originally going to replace my "Masterpiece" airazor since it's roughly the same size as Generations Rattrap. But while working on this, I realized what I want to make my actual MP Airazor mk2. Now I just have to clear through enough of my backlog to have time for it.

• Like Like x 22
  2. Chefprime

Chefprime Radicon

Nice work

3. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    this might be my greatest week ever.

*gets KO pink slash and Red GL*
    *Gets Smash Switch, plays undertale and Pokemon LGE*
    *Sees a few custom i've been saying is perfect, the shockwave/megatron gun and- *
    -and this! YES!!! I LOVE THIS!!! I did a stupid digibash ages ago of this! yes!

4. Housewife2000

Housewife2000 Fandom, combine!

Great work. I’m actually working on an Airazor project right now, using POTP Swoop, so thanks for proving that it’s not a fools errand!

• Like Like x 1
  5. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Awesome work!